Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bdraco
Island Hopper Flight Date: MONDAY October 24, 2016 - Departs HNL @ 7:25am (may need to overnight if flying in the night before)

Reception at GUM: TUESDAY evening October 25, 2016 after landing at GUM.

GUM Airport Tour: WEDNESDAY October 26,2016

Can I book an award? Absolutely! 25k for HNL > GUM, 35k US > HNL > GUM.

Discount on paid tickets? Yes - use offer code ZWWW536956 when searching for flights on ua.com (more details in 2nd post in thread).

Hotels? The event hotel will be the Westin Resort Guam. Room rates are as follows:

Base room: $160 plus tax
Ocean view room: $180 plus tax
To get these rates you will have to call the hotel directly and mention the UA Frequent Flyer Giving event. The direct number is +1.671.647-1020. Starwood reservations knows nothing of our special rate.

Resturants? TBD.

Shirts: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0HGWZuqDGYrIBR
Print Wikipost

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by DocTravel
Best I had for a saver award was 110k RT from EWR....thats insane and fares thru the roof. Am I doing this wrong?
If you are EWR based as implied by JC1120s latest post, I see plenty of 70K roundtrip award space. X is wide open on the nonstop EWR-HNL on Oct 23, UA 15 (gets you to HNL in time for the presumed group dinner!), and X also still available on the Island Hopper on the 24th. It prices to 35K one way. You might try multicity EWR-HNL, HNL-GUM if you can't get it to price for you. Coming back there are lots of options open in 35K X space, either GUM-HNL-mainland, or GUM-NRT/HND/KIX - mainland.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Please put me down as interested. Thank you.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by JC1120
List updated.

Might be worth talking to xyzzy. He's EWR based as well.
I booked EWR-HNL-GUM-NRT-EWR for 70k ... that was a standard award booked into X for the outbound and XN from GUM back to EWR. Finding this on the utbound requires a call or a multi-city search as follows:

EWR-GUM Oct 23
HNL-GUM Oct 24

There is space in X available at present.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jun 14, 2016 at 11:51 am
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
I'm interested as well, I just relocated to Guam--but would love to join for the on-island events.

Originally Posted by JC1120
Interested (30)
ff100
DocTravel
tarheelnj
w0rldtravlr
kirkwoodj
bmwe92fan
belfordrocks
GDL
rmadisonwi
tonei
alanro
dkc715
colpuck
edcho
Kiwii_Xan
IDGflygirl
CGK
Mackieman
cliburn
Weatherboy
rggale
genemk2
violist
Rob
Albert
sfogate
FortFun
Starman
fly2lanai
MR808
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Booked last night. EWR/HNL/GUM/NRT/EWR. $1K for W all the way. Too cheap to use miles. Fingers crossed for an upgrade or two.

Timing of hotel info?

Looking forward! First time Guam visitor.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Is this DO a go?

The original solicitation was for "potential interest". Thank you.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Is this DO a go?

The original solicitation was for "potential interest". Thank you.
It's a go -- and we'll likely be signing people up as soon as we work out a few details and I get our new payment mechanism nline.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:42 am

Thank you. ^
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
I've been looking for a late-year PQM run and this would do the trick.....except I have to be on ZAG the morning of October 29th....possible....
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Booked EWR-HNL (23rd) and Island Hopper (24th) saver award. Standard award GUM-NRT-EWR on the 27th mid-day flight. There is saver award GUM-EWR, but it's a 7:00pm flight through PVG with a 17 hour layover, or a 6:30am with two tight connections in HNL & IAH, so hoping a standard award will open up closer to departure.

I know you said depart after 5:00pm on the 26th, but I didn't see any reasonable options that evening, unless someone thinks an overnight in PVG would be fun. Anyone else on the 12:10pm to NRT on the 27th or are most US attendees leaving on the 6:55am flight?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Booked EWR-HNL (23rd) and Island Hopper (24th) saver award. Standard award GUM-NRT-EWR on the 27th mid-day flight. There is saver award GUM-EWR, but it's a 7:00pm flight through PVG with a 17 hour layover, or a 6:30am with two tight connections in HNL & IAH, so hoping a standard award will open up closer to departure.

I know you said depart after 5:00pm on the 26th, but I didn't see any reasonable options that evening, unless someone thinks an overnight in PVG would be fun. Anyone else on the 12:10pm to NRT on the 27th or are most US attendees leaving on the 6:55am flight?
Looks like Saver awards are still available GUM-HNL (Oct 27) departing at 6:35am with a 3 hour connection in HNL (doesn't sound close!), and then (Oct 26 due to dateline) HNL-SFO/LAX-EWR with 1 hour mainland connection, which given the early hour connection in CA should be fine (especially if you choose LAX to avoid SFO fog). And of course there are plenty of transcon backups if you happened to miss there. I'm on that GUM-HNL flight, although overnighting at HNL, then SFO in the morning. You may have to book multicity breaking at HNL to get it to fare correctly.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Bummed I can't make it, but I thank you all for helping me to find pretty easy ways to do this FT-legendary itinerary.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:22 am
Original Poster

List updated.

Some more info - looks like we're going to charge $160 per person for the GUM portion of the event. This includes the tours, the evening reception at the group hotel, and a $100 donation to FFG/United WeCare. Also, it looks like the GUM group hotel will be around $160/night (not included in the per person registration fee). Subject to minor changes of course, but we just wanted everyone to have the almost final figures.

We're still finalizing the contract with the hotel, and updating the payment system for the website (avoiding the atrocious PayPal fees which have been eating into our ability to pass along more to WeCare). Once those are done we'll notify everyone and provide a link. ONLY those that are registered and paid will be provided the info to book the group rate on the hotel. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:46 pm

Count me in! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Flights booked. I'm in! GUM-NRT-IAH on the 27th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.