Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bdraco
Island Hopper Flight Date: MONDAY October 24, 2016 - Departs HNL @ 7:25am (may need to overnight if flying in the night before)

Reception at GUM: TUESDAY evening October 25, 2016 after landing at GUM.

GUM Airport Tour: WEDNESDAY October 26,2016

Can I book an award? Absolutely! 25k for HNL > GUM, 35k US > HNL > GUM.

Discount on paid tickets? Yes - use offer code ZWWW536956 when searching for flights on ua.com (more details in 2nd post in thread).

Hotels? The event hotel will be the Westin Resort Guam. Room rates are as follows:

Base room: $160 plus tax
Ocean view room: $180 plus tax
To get these rates you will have to call the hotel directly and mention the UA Frequent Flyer Giving event. The direct number is +1.671.647-1020. Starwood reservations knows nothing of our special rate.

Resturants? TBD.

Shirts: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0HGWZuqDGYrIBR
Print Wikipost

OCT 23-25, 2016 - GUM Airport Tour + Island Hopper Event w/ FFG and UA

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA MM/Plat, AS MVP
Definitely interested. I'd probably try to slot in a few days on PNI either on the way over, or backtrack after the GUM arrival before moving on to HKG or SIN.

I did the run in Oct 2014 and am still in contact with the mechanic that befriended me. I'd love to fly with him again.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Alright everyone, October 24 will be the date of the Island Hopper from HNL. GUM tour will be on October 26. More details will come, such as the location/cost of the group hotel, Meeting Works code, cost of the program, registration website, etc. But this should allow people to start booking flights, especially those trying to use Mileage Plus availability. You should be able to leave GUM late afternoon (suggest 5pm or later) on the 26th.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
just found this post. Definitely interested!!!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Interested...so long as the timing and costs work out
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by JC1120
Alright everyone, October 24 will be the date of the Island Hopper from HNL. GUM tour will be on October 26. More details will come, such as the location/cost of the group hotel, Meeting Works code, cost of the program, registration website, etc. But this should allow people to start booking flights, especially those trying to use Mileage Plus availability. You should be able to leave GUM late afternoon (suggest 5pm or later) on the 26th.
Great news! Still working on freeing up the dates. You mentioned in your initial post there would be a discount of some % for paid segments. How do we access the discount if we want to use it?

Edit: On the Island Hopper, I only see Standard Business - no Saver Business or any Economy for the 24th. Is UA holding some seats?

Edit2: Tried again just requesting HNL-GUM one way, and it does show Saver Economy, along with Standard Business award.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Jun 2, 2016 at 5:56 am Reason: Added comment about award availability
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Aeroplan Victim, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, HHonors Diamond NEXUS/GE/TSAPre
I'm interested; especially if there is a discount for paid segs.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Great news! Still working on freeing up the dates. You mentioned in your initial post there would be a discount of some % for paid segments. How do we access the discount if we want to use it?

Edit: On the Island Hopper, I only see Standard Business - no Saver Business or any Economy for the 24th. Is UA holding some seats?

Edit2: Tried again just requesting HNL-GUM one way, and it does show Saver Economy, along with Standard Business award.
UA is not holding any seats in Saver Business (or any category) for this event.

We'll pass along the discount code to people who are registered for the event once we have the details to be able to do both the registration and have the discount set up with UA.

GUM based folks can come along, but they still need to pay as normal for the registration of the event.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:32 pm
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
I am interested. Cannot give confirmation for October dates until at least August but will try for sooner. So should we wait until further info comes out regarding discount/codes for the flight??

Would very much enjoy taking the island hopper again.

Last edited by GDL; Jun 2, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GDL
So should we wait until further info comes out regarding discount/codes for the flight??
Yes, unless you plan on booking some Mileage Plus award flights especially on the Island Hopper.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Certainly interested, glad I came across this thread!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:13 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Greetings Everyone - for those who are considering booking paid tickets there is a discount available via the UA meeting works code ZWWW536956 in the second post upthread.

Also please remember awards (especially for the Island Hopper!) may also be available.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Greetings Everyone - for those who are considering booking paid tickets there is a discount available via the UA meeting works code ZWWW536956 in the second post upthread.

Also please remember awards (especially for the Island Hopper!) may also be available.
Just farelocked my ticket - hope I can figure out things in next week. FYI every time I tried to enter that code it bombed out - must be a website issue.... FWIW - from the northeastern US the P fare was about the same price as economy (I'm continuing on to Narita so that could be why)
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:44 pm

Interested... saving this thread.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:36 am
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
I am finding hard to justify the roundtrip HNL-GUM price of around $1900. I've done the island hopper for around half that price before. Perhaps another time. All my best to those onboard.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by GDL
I am finding hard to justify the roundtrip HNL-GUM price of around $1900. I've done the island hopper for around half that price before. Perhaps another time. All my best to those onboard.
That's odd - I'm paying less from the east coast and then heading to Narita from GUM and then back to the Northeast - perhaps you should try it again later - .bomb may have been flaky.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.