Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
I got $10,000 spend 125,000 total miles

My coworker got $12,000 spend for 234k miles. I'm upset.

We will both easily get that.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: MPlus,OW,Hotels.com
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
Don't feel bad. Mine is:

$42,500 ==> 55k
$46,000 ==> 82k
$49,500 ==> 137k

Total ==> 274k

Almost no chance to hit given it only covers new ticket purchases.
I did a quick look at my account and I added up current bookings plus the promo numbers if I hit the third level I would be about 1000 dollars more than my previous years spend.
Not sure if that means a thing or is similar to other peoples situation
Old May 29, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
$500 - 10k miles
$1,500 - 15k miles
$2,500 - 25k miles
Old May 29, 2016, 9:57 am
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

The dollar levels are probably related to recent spend levels -- may go back a year or 2. So encouraging people to get back to where they had been at least? So those who were going to meet previous levels (and had not advance purchased) see easy targets, those who have wandered might see an incentive. Those with high past spends see much higher targets.
Agreed! My promotion milestones are in line with what I have spent on United flights the past 2-3 years. Although I am far ahead on PQMs for the year, I am a bit behind on PQDs. And my colleague's promotion milestones are also a shade of what he has spent in recent years.
A little disappointing for me because I had just booked some transpac travel two weeks ago worth ~$5000---so it will not qualify for promotion.

Milestone 1: spend $4,500 and earn 13,000 bonus award miles

Milestone 2: spend $5,000 total and earn 19,000 more award miles

Milestone 3: spend $7,000 total and earn 31,000 more award miles
Old May 29, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
My guess:

$60K => 80K miles
$70K => 95K miles
$80K => 110K miles

Maybe he doesn't qualify for the special offer?
Never got an offer. Several of my friends got the 600,000 offer.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GDL
Agreed! My promotion milestones are in line with what I have spent on United flights the past 2-3 years. Although I am far ahead on PQMs for the year, I am a bit behind on PQDs. And my colleague's promotion milestones are also a shade of what he has spent in recent years.
A little disappointing for me because I had just booked some transpac travel two weeks ago worth ~$5000---so it will not qualify for promotion.

Milestone 1: spend $4,500 and earn 13,000 bonus award miles

Milestone 2: spend $5,000 total and earn 19,000 more award miles

Milestone 3: spend $7,000 total and earn 31,000 more award miles
One of my major frustrations with this "promotion" is that is all predicated on timing. My PQD is going to be much higher this year, but I purchased a bunch of it before this was announced.

So, it artificially raised my milestones and ensured I will not get any reward for keeping loyal to United.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
One of my major frustrations with this "promotion" is that is all predicated on timing. My PQD is going to be much higher this year, but I purchased a bunch of it before this was announced.

So, it artificially raised my milestones and ensured I will not get any reward for keeping loyal to United.
This 'targeted promotion' is just too cute. Smacks of something that marketing MBAs came up with to justify their positions and salaries.

A straight-up untargeted 2x RDM promotion would have been much better. And wouldn't have further pissed-off a bunch of UA elites.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
They're setting the bar high for little reward

I've booked and spent $5K before the promotion started. I'm not sure if I will even hit any of my promotion levels during the promo period. The reward is way too little for me to go out of my way for additional spend on UA. I've seen some posts starting with $500 or $1,000 - that I would have done without thinking!

Here are mine:

Milestone 1: spend $3,000 and earn 11,000 bonus award miles

Milestone 2: spend $3,500 total and earn 17,000 more award miles

Milestone 3: spend $5,000 total and earn 28,000 more award miles
Old May 29, 2016, 10:54 am
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Originally Posted by goodeats21

My spend with United is usually well planned in advance and this promotion will not have any effect on years end spend. So much like you, even though PQDs will be met for MP they simply are of out of reach for targeted promotion.
But even if additional spend is met for promotion, the mileage reward is meager . Slight.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM
I got:
Milestone 1: spend $2,500 and earn 10,000 bonus award miles

Milestone 2: spend $3,000 total and earn 15,000 more award miles

Milestone 3: spend $4,500 total and earn 25,000 more award miles

It's unlikely I'll even hit the first milestone.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
These are your spending milestones:

Milestone 1: spend $5,000 and earn 12,000 bonus award miles
Milestone 2: spend $5,500 total and earn 18,000 more award miles
Milestone 3: spend $7,000 total and earn 30,000 more award miles

Pretty meager payoff for the spend required. And, of course, I just booked a TPAC trip two days before.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k

Does anyone know if for those of us who didn't get the e-mail but the website works and let's us sign up, if we will be eligible for this?
Old May 29, 2016, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mrt88
Does anyone know if for those of us who didn't get the e-mail but the website works and let's us sign up, if we will be eligible for this?
If you're not eligible, the promotion web page will tell you when you try to log-in. If you got a promotion, you're eligible. You should also get a confirming e-mail after registering.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Club, Amex Platinum, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Never got an offer. Several of my friends got the 600,000 offer.
You don't need the emailed offer. Just follow the link and put your MP number in and you will get an offer. Then "accept" it and it's yours.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Club, Amex Platinum, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
If you're not eligible, the promotion web page will tell you when you try to log-in. If you got a promotion, you're eligible. You should also get a confirming e-mail after registering.
Others have reported differently*. My wife did not get the offer by email either. But I put her MP number in and got an offer slightly better than mine.

But maybe she (and others) actually DID get the offer, but SPAM filters or chance diverted the email.

*So far I have only seen others that said they didn't get the email, but got an offer when they followed the link. If anyone didn't get the email, and tried putting their MP number in at the link and got a failure, it would be helpful to report it. OTOH, it only takes a few seconds to try it, so my advice is to follow the link and put your MP number in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.