Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dnwaldmann
Others have reported differently*. My wife did not get the offer by email either. But I put her MP number in and got an offer slightly better than mine.

But maybe she (and others) actually DID get the offer, but SPAM filters or chance diverted the email.

*So far I have only seen others that said they didn't get the email, but got an offer when they followed the link. If anyone didn't get the email, and tried putting their MP number in at the link and got a failure, it would be helpful to report it. OTOH, it only takes a few seconds to try it, so my advice is to follow the link and put your MP number in.
You're way over-analyzing/complicating this.

UA's terrible about sending e-mails. I never got one. But I went to the website, it offered me a promo, and I'm registered (received e-mail confirmation).

Many, many others have reported the same experience.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... If anyone didn't get the email, and tried putting their MP number in at the link and got a failure, it would be helpful to report it. ....
Yes, multiple reports upthread. There have been those reporting not eligible -- not many but some.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26680332-post23.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26680672-post49.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26681151-post82.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 29, 2016 at 5:14 pm Reason: examples
Old May 29, 2016, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There have been those reporting not eligible -- not many but some.
E.g., my GF (who has my status as MM) . . . no e-mail, not eligible.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Club, Amex Platinum, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
You're way over-analyzing/complicating this.

UA's terrible about sending e-mails. I never got one. But I went to the website, it offered me a promo, and I'm registered (received e-mail confirmation).
All I was saying is that it's worth trying.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Many, many others have reported the same experience.
That's exactly what I said!!!!!

Last edited by goalie; May 29, 2016 at 5:35 pm Reason: unnecessary comment removed
Old May 29, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Does anyone know if Mileage upgrade surcharges are counted towards the spend thresholds? I know it's not part of the base fare, but does it in some way count as "paying" for fare class R? (As you can see, I'm grasping for straws here )

I'm thinking of upgrading an international return ticket for ~$1000 and 40k miles, and it would be nice if that spend counted toward this.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Does anyone know if Mileage upgrade surcharges are counted towards the spend thresholds? I know it's not part of the base fare, but does it in some way count as "paying" for fare class R? (As you can see, I'm grasping for straws here )

I'm thinking of upgrading an international return ticket for ~$1000 and 40k miles, and it would be nice if that spend counted toward this.
As far as I know, the only way buying up is added to PQD's is if it is an actual change in fare to a premium cabin fare. An Upgrade fee does not count.

Last edited by Baze; May 29, 2016 at 8:38 pm
Old May 29, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium
Milestone 1: spend $35,500 and earn 41,000 bonus award miles
Milestone 2: spend $38,000 total and earn 62,000 more award miles
Milestone 3: spend $41,000 total and earn 103,000 more award miles
Old May 29, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mrt88
Does anyone know if for those of us who didn't get the e-mail but the website works and let's us sign up, if we will be eligible for this?
I didn't receive the email, but entered my MP # via the link I had learned from this thread. I was granted the offer and UA sent me a confirmation email of the offer a few minutes later. So it appears that it works.. Good luck and Safe Travels
Old May 29, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
My offer:

Fly your way to 70,000 bonus miles.
Milestone 1: Spend $2,000 - Earn 14,000
Milestone 2: Spend $2,500 total - Earn 21,000 more
Milestone 3: Spend $4,500 total - Earn 35,000 more

On the one hand this looks like an easy offer, with far lower spending targets than most people here have reported. On the other hand these targets are a big stretch for me. I am a 1MMer who's largely moved on from UA, flying them once or twice a year for revenue and other than that just spending down a large balance of RDMs. I logged $2500 PQD last year and $1200 YTD this year. And I have no plans at the moment for any more revenue flights on UA this year.

Additional datapoint: DW, who is PG from my 1MM benefit and had zero PQM last year, was told not eligible for this promo.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Michael D
Is this promotion going to make anyone fly more with United?
Yes. I will likely purchase an BF ticket for October travel to Asia on UA instead of SQ solely to get the huge bonus it will give me.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'm getting 100k miles for $5500 total. Sweet!

20k -> $1500 total
30k -> $2500 total
50k -> $5500 total

I'm a SYD based 1K. About 60k EQM and 10k EQD YTD.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
You don't need the emailed offer. Just follow the link and put your MP number in and you will get an offer. Then "accept" it and it's yours.
What link???
Old May 30, 2016, 10:42 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
What link???
Here ya go

https://promotions.united.com/bb/offer
Old May 30, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Could the offer be based on your PQD for 2015? I flew a lot of LH/LX/SQ last year and ended with $8k PQD on 120k EQM.

From this point of view, my offer was essentially "Spend an additional 65% of your 2015 EQD in the next 6 months for 100k bonus RDM".

Last edited by flyerbjorn; May 30, 2016 at 10:15 pm
Old May 30, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
Could the offer be based on your PQD for 2015? I flew a lot of LH/LX/SQ last year and ended with $8k PQD on 120k EQM.

From this point of view, my offer was essentially "Spend an additional 65% of your 2015 EQM in the next 6 months for 100k bonus RDM".
Eeek - My spend has been analyzed! I was thrilled to get any sort of emailed offer, since I haven't received one in years, but alas, apparently they want me to do just a little bit better...for them. Last year was an extraordinary year, and I doubt I'll make it to $19k in addition to what's already been spent on my behalf.

2015 spend was $28k.
This year it's already over $8k.

My offer:
Spend $19k and earn 24,000 RDMs
Spend $21k and earn 36,000 RDMs
Spend $24k and earn 60,000 RDMs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.