Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
I think it is calculated base on YTD spent on united...
It must take account of last year's spend (or historical), or have some kicker for status.

My spouse and child have been on nearly all my UA flights this year with me, yet they received offers that were much much lower, closer in line with their spend last year as was mine.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
30k flown, 3k spent so far got this offer

spend $3,000 and earn 10,000 bonus award miles
spend $3,500 total and earn 15,000 more award miles
spend $5,000 total and earn 25,000 more award miles

guess I am glad I am finally eligible for something.
And starting at $3,000?? You should thank the UA Gods . I don't see a bonus mile till I reach $12.5K and that ain't gonna happen on UA metal anytime soon
Old May 26, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
14K for $1k
Another 21K for $2k
Another 34K for $4k

I'm UA Silver
Old May 26, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
Just received the offer;

$4k spend ...............13k bonus miles
$5k total spend.........19k extra bonus miles
$6.5k total spend......31k more bonus miles

so a total of 63k bonus miles for a $6.500 spend

Having retired I dropped from 1k to Plat this year
Old May 26, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
1MM'er here....

$1500 = 10K miles
$2000 = 15K more
$3500 = 25K more
Old May 26, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
Me = 1K MM

My offer:

$8,500 total - 12,000 RDM
$9,000 total - 18,000 additional RDM
$11,000 total - 30,000 additional RDM

I've moved a lot of my flying over to Delta this year so far (made Platinum last year; already requalified for Platinum and am very close to Diamond)...so far this year on UA I'm at only 25,421 PQMs and $2,463 PQDs. Looks like they're trying to entice me to requalify for 1K.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Lowly Plat here....

$1500 = 8K miles
$2000 = 12K more
$3000 = 20K more
Old May 26, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
1K all domestic. $7,700 & 44KPQM YTD.

$14,500 - 18,000 miles
$15,500 - 27,000 miles
$17,500 - 44,000 miles

Total of 89,000 miles. If I'm close to $14K spend I'll probably make sure I'll hit $17,500 - but not sure if I'll get there & not super motivated to try since my total spend last year was $21K.

Last edited by greenskin; May 26, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old May 26, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Mine are:

Milestone 1: spend $31,500 and earn 35,000 bonus award miles
Milestone 2: spend $33,000 total and earn 52,000 more award miles
Milestone 3: spend $34,500 total and earn 87,000 more award miles

Milestone 3 plus what I have spent so far is a little higher than my total spend from last year.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, A-Club Silver, Intercontinental Ambassador
Got to say I'm happy with mine, 210 for 14.5K spend. Definitely possible. Would be much easier if I hadn't had clients book some trips last week though.

$6K - 42,000
$8K - 63,000
$14.5K - 105,000

At 85K PQM as of this morning, 23.5 PQS. Almost all international.

Last edited by startupflyer; May 26, 2016 at 11:00 am Reason: formatting
Old May 26, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
I and my MIL got offers. My spouse with 1K from me got nothing, nor did other hh members. MIL hasn't flown United in at least a couple of years and never had any significant flying or status.

I got:

$8,000-14K
$9,000-21K
$11,000-31K

MIL Got

$500-6K
$1,000-9K
$2,000-15K

I can take the hint. I'm sitting at about $5,700 PQDs at the moment. As is par for the course, COdbaUA is chasing new money and taking existing money for granted. A bunch of flights I already have booked for the summer and fall don't count, so there's no way I'll hit any of those thresholds. it's just another insult for my continuing foolish loyalty to UA. What I need to do is leave for a while and come back when they give me a key to the candy store like the one they're handing out to all their non customers.

When I first saw it I didn't understand all the limitations. Now that I understand that they are basically telling me to go #)$(#@#@ myself I have sent an email to 1Kvoice asking to be unregistered from the promotion. It's of no benefit to me and I certainly don't want to indicate that I have any interest in it.

Last edited by Boghopper; May 26, 2016 at 11:23 am
Old May 26, 2016, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I'm really special. I just get a blank screen on all three of my browsers.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:16 am

Same here. Site is done! I wonder how many people they targeted this time.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:37 am

Not trageted

My wife, brother, and parents were all targeted for the $2,500 to get 25,000 one but I wasn't :/. My wife and have both flown the same amount on united with her tickets usually on points and mine often on points but not always.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
I got nada

Kind of pissed. I am sitting at 16k PQD YTD and have been loyal 1k for a number of years now

My wife got
55k for $21.5k
82 $24
136 $32.5
but won't hit any of these. She was GS last year but didn't requal and now flies less in a new job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.