Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: physioprof
Originally Posted by Kmxu
If you want to use the old site, as mentioned upthread, you clear the cache and history on your browser and type in "ual.com". This should work.
As of Oct. 26, 2015 it no longer seems possible to access the old version of the website.

Related thread
Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down?

Workaround for Login & "We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request." Problems:

Close United tab, clear browser cache, and delete all United cookies. Instead of logging back in using the home page yellow tile, click on the "Reservations -> Change or view reservations" link, and then login using the "MileagePlus: Sign in or join" link on the upper right of the page.
Print Wikipost

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I've submitted this feedback via the "feedback" link on beta.united.com but hoping that the new website will retain the government fare booking capability. That is one of the capabilities that makes United stronger than ANY of its competitors.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
When I first viewed the beta site, it made mention that one could check a box to search for available upgrades, and the upgrade confirmability would be displayed in the search results. On the updated website, the upgrade confirmation is not displayed. Why is this feature not visible or why has it been removed?
Should be available via the full search options page at https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fli.../book-a-flight.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
That's my Expert Mode+ script. It was working before but definitely looks to be messed up now. I'm taking a look.

ETA: Pull v7.2.0 from the Chrome store or the direct download link; it fixes the loop bug.
Thanks! I didn't want to "call you out" in this thread. Its a great script and I really appreciate all the work you put into it. Will download the new version!

^^
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by skimple
Thanks! I didn't want to "call you out" in this thread. Its a great script and I really appreciate all the work you put into it. Will download the new version!

^^
Gah. Still seeing some glitch. Only shows fare classes that were hgihlighted in red before. By design?

Old site:

Beta site:

Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: UA GS
Gah. Still seeing some glitch. Only shows fare classes that were hgihlighted in red before. By design?...
Works for me:

Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Emma1420
I can't speak to the functionality, aside from the fact that it doesn't seem any easier to use than the current site, but the design seems dated. And more critically aside from the color scheme looks very similar to Deltas website. The design is better than the current design, but the current design looks like something that was designed in the 90s.
I'm no web designer by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't recall ANY website from the 90's resembling the UA beta site. My recollection of the 90's is that sites were pretty text heavy, ubiquitous side and top menu bars, generally busy to look at with tons of content.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your post. You're referring to the current, not beta, site looking like it's from the 90's. I'd argue early 2000's, but yeah, dated.

Last edited by gobluetwo; Aug 6, 2015 at 7:54 am
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:56 am

Still can't book legs split economy/business cabins. Very disappointing. No chance in hell seeing that feature come back, is there? Believe it or not, it was a key selling point for UA, at least for me.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by sbm12
That's my Expert Mode+ script. It was working before but definitely looks to be messed up now. I'm taking a look.

ETA: Pull v7.2.0 from the Chrome store or the direct download link; it fixes the loop bug.
Is this bug the one where it keep adding lines about the fare buckets? I was on the beta site this weekend and when I used it, the screen just kept growing with the fare bucket information lines just adding and adding.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by KPHX
Still can't book legs split economy/business cabins. Very disappointing. No chance in hell seeing that feature come back, is there? Believe it or not, it was a key selling point for UA, at least for me.
I use that feature too. Hopefully it comes back.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
+1 - nearly every ticket I booked was like this.... If google flights ever figures out how to offer different cabins per segment the usefulness of UA.com is gone....
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
It would be really nice if the App and the website gave the same results.

Last night I was booking ORD-SJO-PTY-ORD.

The app found better flights - a route for PTY-SJO-ORD getting home 4-5 hours earlier while the website wouldn't pull it up anything other than PTY-IAH/EWR/DEN-ORD. But the App wouldn't let me choose seats. Finally booked through the App anyway, and then went to the website where I was able to choose seats. Stupid.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by milepig
It would be really nice if the App and the website gave the same results.

Last night I was booking ORD-SJO-PTY-ORD.

The app found better flights - a route for PTY-SJO-ORD getting home 4-5 hours earlier while the website wouldn't pull it up anything other than PTY-IAH/EWR/DEN-ORD. But the App wouldn't let me choose seats. Finally booked through the App anyway, and then went to the website where I was able to choose seats. Stupid.
OMG yes - this is exactly what I have experienced MANY times - the inconsistency between the two is infuriating.... Something so simple shouldn't be so hard....
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by jaymar01
Dan's Deals is not a fan of the "upgraded" United.com site.

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/71554
I don't understand why more Flyertalkers and bloggers aren't up in arms over the loss of the nonstop award calendar from the old site to the new site.

I find it dead useful in piecing together award flights. It's a massive step backwards IMHO.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks! I didn't want to "call you out" in this thread.
If no one tells me it is broken I cannot fix it. :-:

Gah. Still seeing some glitch. Only shows fare classes that were hgihlighted in red before. By design?
Yup...that's by design. You can still expand to get the regular expert mode view (click on "Details") but it will only show the "Special" buckets in the collapsed view. We should probably take this discussion to the thread about browser extensions so as to not completely derail this one.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Do you mean (for example) Y outbound and F return on a RT (which is easily doable simply by selecting the appropriate flight/fare type)? Sounds like you might be referring to legs like the individual segments SFO-ORD-BOS...not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.