Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated LHR connection time/logistics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated LHR connection time/logistics

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by adambrau
Arrived into EWR on 941 this evening and only about 20 bags came out. Agent standing near belt was handing out Delayed Baggage Report forms. Called number on form and agent I spoke with said that they were receiving many calls, not sure how long this has been going on for. So if you are planning to to possibly check a bag, you may want to reconsider....

UA Club was, as others have posted, simply amazing.

Adam
Shouldn't double post

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...em-broken.html
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:45 am

Flew into T2 last week, overall the terminal seems fine on the arrivals side. Agree with others that its a long walk, 10-15 minutes from the gate to border control - longer if you're not in good shape, though most of the walk had people-movers. Border control was fine - they had a lot of border agents, so the non-EU queue moved fast and the UK/EU queue was basically nonexistent. From there, another ~5 minute walk from baggage claim / customs to the tube/coach stations.

I didn't transit, but for those transiting, also a long walk. You'd walk ~90% of the same way the people entering the UK are walking, so plan for at least 15 minutes of walking just to get to T1, longer for transfers to other terminals.

Last edited by tornado163; Jun 30, 2014 at 12:50 am
Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
United first airline from LHR T2

Does 4U fly into T1 at LHR? Transferring there in September from 4U to UA. I have three and a half hours. Should be enough time to get from T1 to the new T2, right?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
Does 4U fly into T1 at LHR? Transferring there in September from 4U to UA. I have three and a half hours. Should be enough time to get from T1 to the new T2, right?
4U moves to T2 on 8 October. They will still be in T1 in September. Three and a half hours should be more than enough.
http://www.heathrowairport.com/fligh.../airline-moves
Old Jun 30, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Registered Traveler scheme at T2

Has anyone in this new program experienced immigration at T2?

I've had slight inconveniences at both T1 and T3 recently where the officer in the EEU queue wasn't aware of the new system, and I had to hand him all of my paperwork to bring him up to speed

Officer: "US passport? Sorry, mate, you'll have to join the other queue" (pointing to the heaving mob in the "other passports" queue.)
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Got too excited

Originally Posted by sannmann
Read about the new T2 in NYTimes and all *A flights consolidating in the terminal. Mesmerized by the pictures so quickly changed my flight back from CPH to transit through LHR instead of AMS next month. Well, silly me, I now discover that SAS will not move until September.

Any idea of transit time from T3 to T2? If my inbound is on time, I'm not too worried but I want to see the new United Club.

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by StingWest
Has anyone in this new program experienced immigration at T2?

I've had slight inconveniences at both T1 and T3 recently where the officer in the EEU queue wasn't aware of the new system, and I had to hand him all of my paperwork to bring him up to speed

Officer: "US passport? Sorry, mate, you'll have to join the other queue" (pointing to the heaving mob in the "other passports" queue.)
What is the "new system"?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader

Of concern is that the lounge was pinched for seats at the peak of our visit around 11 am. Not as much a game of musical chairs as Red Carpet Clubs as others like Dulles, but I wondered what this would be like in a year or two when ops hit cruise levels. How tough is it to measure needs at this point?
Agree with concern, noted UC side was packed. Hoping that when other lounges are an option, some dilution will occur.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
I just did UA T2 - A3 T1 and vice versa transfer last week. my observations :

1. transfer signs is very clear but a REALLY long walk. Twice my UA 763 docked at the furthest T2B gate from the 2A-2B corridor.

2. T2 is sparsely occupied for now, so T1->T2 transfer only took 30 mins from T1 deplaning to T2 lounge

3. Both UA Club and AC Maple Leaf lounge at T2B are amazing (and not over-crowded for now)

4. The T2B UA Club was the NICEST one I've ever visited. It even trumps AA's JFK First-class Flagship lounge. It was one of the rare times in which I wanted to stay in the UA one over the AC one.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
What is the "new system"?
Sorry, the name of the program is the "Registered Traveller" scheme, for non-EEU people who come to the UK several times a year or more. It allows those registered to use the EEU lanes rather than the "other passports" queue (and also not have to fill out a landing card). Of limited value now, as one still needs to see an officer to enter the UK, but will be more valuable when they open the automated barriers (later this year?). The automated barriers will require a biometric passport, which I don't have yet.

The pilot scheme (love this use of "scheme") may require that one previously used the IRIS system - not sure)

See www.gov.uk/registered-traveller-scheme
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by StingWest
Sorry, the name of the program is the "Registered Traveller" scheme, for non-EEU people who come to the UK several times a year or more. It allows those registered to use the EEU lanes rather than the "other passports" queue (and also not have to fill out a landing card). Of limited value now, as one still needs to see an officer to enter the UK, but will be more valuable when they open the automated barriers (later this year?). The automated barriers will require a biometric passport, which I don't have yet.

The pilot scheme (love this use of "scheme") may require that one previously used the IRIS system - not sure)

See www.gov.uk/registered-traveller-scheme
Just an update on my post last week:

Electronic Gates are now (July 3) opened for Registered Travelers (see above), but you do need a biometric passport to use them.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
What are the arrival lounge options now?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by phillipe
What are the arrival lounge options now?
Arrivals lounge in T2.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by star_world
Arrivals lounge in T2.
I know of the one in T1. Where is the one in T2? Is it also a *A lounge?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ryman554
I know of the one in T1. Where is the one in T2? Is it also a *A lounge?
Arrivals Lounge
United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers arriving at Terminal 2 from the U.S. will be able to enjoy a complimentary shower and refreshments at the Arrivals Lounge, located in the terminal’s Arrivals Hall.
http://mediacentre.heathrowairport.c...unges-89b.aspx

It's a UA lounge, not a *A lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.