Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:49 pm

It's officially a 2015 sighting, but Ed O'Neill and Britney Spears at the same time at upstairs LAX lounge

https://twitter.com/britneyspears/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:38 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
It's officially a 2015 sighting, but Ed O'Neill and Britney Spears at the same time at upstairs LAX lounge

https://twitter.com/britneyspears/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Is that a UA lounge? Don't think so.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by NWstu
Buzz Aldrin in 2F on 272 MCO-ORD today. I'm in 3E. Guy in 1E reached over his seat to shake his hand and said to him "you've always been one of my heroes."
Wow. That's a real celeb sighting.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
That does look like the (former) GF lounge. And from the lighting, the photographer is facing north with windows facing alleyway between T6 and T7 to left out of picture.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Funny note

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I just read a pretty funny follow up to the Spears/O'Neil sighting. You might notice Ed seems fairly underwhelmed with meeting Spears. The reason was because he had no idea who she was! I can't post the story link (I'm kind of a ludite with those things), but after his manager saw the 53,000 re-tweets of her tweet, he asked Ed about it. His comment was, "I had no idea who she was. I saw her coming over and she said some nice things about the show (Modern Family) and me and asked for a picture. I said sure and then got out of there fast". Pretty funny actually.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, DL 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
I just read a pretty funny follow up to the Spears/O'Neil sighting. You might notice Ed seems fairly underwhelmed with meeting Spears. The reason was because he had no idea who she was! I can't post the story link (I'm kind of a ludite with those things), but after his manager saw the 53,000 re-tweets of her tweet, he asked Ed about it. His comment was, "I had no idea who she was. I saw her coming over and she said some nice things about the show (Modern Family) and me and asked for a picture. I said sure and then got out of there fast". Pretty funny actually.
Here are a couple of links:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...-pic/85861994/

http://www.people.com/article/ed-one...port-fan-photo

Great reaction from his daughter when she heard the story: "You are a moron"
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
That does look like the (former) GF lounge. And from the lighting, the photographer is facing north with windows facing alleyway between T6 and T7 to left out of picture.
Correct it seems like the former GFL upstairs lounge. From what I remember being in there for SYD flights and then to p.s. recently that they kept a lot of the furniture and things but took out some of the accent pieces.

It's also where I saw Clive Owen and 2 others with tons of outside food that they just left all over the place and made a mess as we were leaving to board the same flight.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by Boiler84
Here are a couple of links:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...-pic/85861994/

http://www.people.com/article/ed-one...port-fan-photo

Great reaction from his daughter when she heard the story: "You are a moron"
Thanks for adding the links, much appreciated ^
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:58 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by iahkid2014
Anthony Bourdain on LGA-IAH last night, didn't look too pleased about the 2.5hr WX delay...
He has been in Houston the last week filming a Houston episode of his CNN show.
The Houston Barnicle has reported a bit on it.

I'd actually like to meet him...not sure why LOL just seems to travel as much as we all do and we share similar attitudes on some locations...

I saw Montel Williams at DCA again a few days ago (saw him a while back at DCA club).
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Mick Fleetwood 6/25 UA1182 LAX-OGG

Currently boarding. Both of us on the way home to Maui. Him - 3E, me 1B. His right arm is in a sling!
Attached Images  

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 25, 2016 at 6:28 pm
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
NY Jets coach Todd Bowles

With his wife and sons on flight from EWR to MSY June 24th, all in F. So I guess he doesn't always fly Jet Blue even though they are the airline of the jets (and have good flights to New Orleans).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Met Stanley Tucci on way to London this week and then saw him again at lunch in London - true gentleman! Looks exactly the same in person as he does in movies - which is way more than I can say for most celebrities I've met....
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Saw the UA plane with Gordon Bethune's name pull up in front of us at EWR UC at C3...does that count?!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
The CEO himself Oscar Munoz boarded my flight right now in BOS! He chatted briefly with the pilots and then spent a few minutes talking to the FAs. I turned to my brother and said, "Hey, that's United's CEO". He just said, "So?" I think I was the only person on the plane visibly excited or who even knew who he was.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I think I was the only person on the plane visibly excited or who even knew who he was.
Spoken like a true FTer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.