Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l etoile
2015 thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1641747-consolidated-delayed-cancelled-international-flights-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by RealFan
Just received word that 1/17 895 ORD - HKG is delayed by one hour and 50 minutes. I'm on this one so fingers crossed...
Looks like they are turning 1/17 UA 896 HKGORD to this flight. My guess is there are some 777 out of service. I can't imagine scheduling of aircraft rotation to include an 80 minute INTL-US-INTL turn especially when the immigration facilities are in a different terminal from where you depart.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Currently sitting on UA 976 to Dubai - plane has been sitting here for two days and of course now we are delayed due to unforseen "maintenance inspections" - pilots are embarrassed but this is par for the course to me at UA - any time I see one of my flights sitting around for more than a few hours I get worried - for good reason!

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jan 17, 2016 at 8:46 pm
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Currently sitting on UA 976 to Dubai - plane has been sitting here for two days and of course now we are delayed due to unforseen "maintenance inspections" - pilots are embarrassed but this is par for the course to me at UA - any time I see one of my flights sitting around for more than a few hours I get worried - for good reason!
Yes the ones that have been on the ground for a few days always seem to go mx!

I also love it when they haven't been cleaned properly. My last HKG flight the 744 had been on the ground at SFO for 24 hours, yet there were crumbs everywhere - carpet, seat, even the shelf in front of the video screen. This is one of the things I really like about the Asian carriers . . . their aircraft are typically spotless.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
My wife just missed that flight due to a mechanical in Houston. Said the gate agent is probably the rudest she has yet encountered on United. Guess they couldn't hold an already delayed flight five more minutes for the at least fifteen people who just misconnected due to a united caused issue.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:25 pm

2016-01-18 UA963 TXL-EWR departure delayed 5h15m (so far)

due to

2016-01-17 UA962 EWR-TXL arrival delayed 3h18m
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by fragment54
My wife just missed that flight due to a mechanical in Houston. Said the gate agent is probably the rudest she has yet encountered on United. Guess they couldn't hold an already delayed flight five more minutes for the at least fifteen people who just misconnected due to a united caused issue.
Sorry about that - can't explain what UA was thinking as I know for a fact there were multiple late arriving pax - two in GF came on really late as well....
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by rmannion
2016-01-18 UA963 TXL-EWR departure delayed 5h15m (so far)

due to

2016-01-17 UA962 EWR-TXL arrival delayed 3h18m
UA962 was due to a faulty APU + being kicked to the back of the queue for deicing

UA963 due to late inbound + crew rest requirements + an additional hour for inspections on the APU (hopefully those pass)
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yesterday's

UA48 EWR-BOM 772 returned to gate & 3 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
UA64 EWR-LIS 752 3 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance

therefore today's

UA65 LIS-EWR 752 3 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
1/19 UA 896 HKG-ORD (N795UA) estimated departure 1401, 2 hours 51 minutes late and estimated arrival 1359, 2 hours 9 minutes late due to operational difficulties. My guess is this is due to crew legality from 1/16 UA 895 ORD-HKG that was 4 hours and 41 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance. I know these flights are usually staffed with HKG based crews, but I think they probably had to recrew with ORD based crews after they returned to the gate following the first attempt to depart.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
895's problems continue. On Jan 18 we're looking at a 90 min MX delay. It just left the gate, but we know from recent experience how much that means.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:53 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Looks like today's UA SFO-TPE is having issues. We're back at the gate after spending a good amount of time on the tarmac, due to MX.

Question: if the flight is cancelled, can UA rebook a GPUd seat on today's BR flight in J, or would the upgrade be lost? (Not holding out a lot of hope. Looks like they're not disarming the doors and the BR flight is in an hour.)
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by helvetic
Looks like today's UA SFO-TPE is having issues. We're back at the gate after spending a good amount of time on the tarmac, due to MX.

Question: if the flight is cancelled, can UA rebook a GPUd seat on today's BR flight in J, or would the upgrade be lost? (Not holding out a lot of hope. Looks like they're not disarming the doors and the BR flight is in an hour.)
This is a year and a half ago, but my Upper Deck a week before the last flight to BKK went MX and I flew on TG in coach. From HND, not NRT, and a redeye at that
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Moot due to timing. No way they would rebook you on OAL that fast.

The entitlement is rebooking in originally ticketed cabin. As a cs gesture, they might rebook in J, but that is by no means an entitlement. In any event, the UA W fare would typically rebook into PE on BR.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
last night

UA104 GRU-IAH 789 5.5hrs late due to aircraft maintenance

today

UA879 LHR-IAH 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA941 LHR-EWR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA921 LHR-EWR 752 5 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance

what a day in LHR ...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM

I note today's UA871 SFO-TPE is in flight and scheduled to arrive 49 minutes late. So not too bad.

(I agree with Kacee; there is no entitlement to book you in BR J. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.