FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1735606-2016-lets-eat-domestic-canada-latin-america-first-business-p-s-businessfirst.html)

dmurphynj Feb 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer (Post 26207371)
FLL-ORD Breakfast

Always appreciate and enjoy the large fruit plate.

Bread Pudding-type of breakfast entree is too sweet for me

The french toast souffle.... my favorite UA breakfast!

Well, that and the old Honey Nut Cheerios on CO. Was always my favorite breakfast - Cheerios, a banana and some yogurt. Good times. :)

krentzie Feb 18, 2016 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by dmurphynj (Post 26207673)
The french toast souffle.... my favorite UA breakfast!

Well, that and the old Honey Nut Cheerios on CO. Was always my favorite breakfast - Cheerios, a banana and some yogurt. Good times. :)

Couldn't agree more. French toast soufflé is awesome

kmersh Feb 18, 2016 6:28 pm

The French Toast Souffle is good and better than the French Toast Strata at AA.

phxrsng Feb 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 26205681)
Yup, AFAIK, the Moscow Mules are not catered in the F cart, they're in the coach carts (at least that's the impression I get every time I've ordered one). Sounds like a FA who's created her own policy or is too lazy to retrieve from coach cabin.

Mixed luck for me as well, actually. Flew the domestic 3-class 777 SFO-IAD in the GF cabin and got the mules no problem. Flew back a few days later in the BF cabin and was denied them unless I wanted to pay. Wasn't a 1K for either of the trips, just plat.

TravelTheWorld66 Feb 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by qukslvr619 (Post 26199447)
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F.

I believe it is relevant. You would think 1Ks have more pull than a non-status customer.

Originally Posted by qukslvr619 (Post 26205263)
Well seeing as JACEWR is double catered I'm inclined to believe that there is more to the story. Did the FA tell the OP they'd have to pay or was it a matter of they didn't actually have any in Y to begin with?

At first the FA wasn't familiar with the drink. All of a sudden it clicked and she went in back to check if they had any. She came back, waved it at me, and said that they're $12.99 (or whatever they cost). I asked, "Even for a 1K in paid F?" She confirmed. I told her I didn't want it if I had to pay for it and she turned away and brought it back into coach. That was that.

transportprof Feb 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66 (Post 26208945)
I believe it is relevant. You would think 1Ks have more pull than a non-status customer.

At first the FA wasn't familiar with the drink. All of a sudden it clicked and she went in back to check if they had any. She came back, waved it at me, and said that they're $12.99 (or whatever they cost). I asked, "Even for a 1K in paid F?" She confirmed. I told her I didn't want it if I had to pay for it and she turned away and brought it back into coach. That was that.

Technically, the FA might be right. UA's new 1K food and drink entitlement policy only applies to 1Ks in coach. First class cabin is not included in the language that was used to announce the program (same would apply to GS). So if one likes free Mules, it might be worth foregoing an upgrade. :eek:

iluv2fly Feb 18, 2016 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by krentzie (Post 26207683)
Couldn't agree more. French toast soufflé is awesome

+1. Had it this morning on ORD-LAS and it was great.

phxrsng Feb 19, 2016 9:41 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 26208967)
Technically, the FA might be right. UA's new 1K food and drink entitlement policy only applies to 1Ks in coach. First class cabin is not included in the language that was used to announce the program (same would apply to GS). So if one likes free Mules, it might be worth foregoing an upgrade. :eek:

Has anyone tried seeing what 1K voice replies about this? Given the lack of consistency apparently all around with the mule it would just be interesting to know what the "actual" policy is (even though clearly implementation is going to vary regardless).

qukslvr619 Feb 19, 2016 10:08 am

Originally Posted by phxrsng (Post 26211246)
Has anyone tried seeing what 1K voice replies about this? Given the lack of consistency apparently all around with the mule it would just be interesting to know what the "actual" policy is (even though clearly implementation is going to vary regardless).

The actual policy applies to all passengers in F regardless of status. FA's are to honor requests for the premium beverages just as any other drink request during the F service. 1K or Kettle, if you are in F, they are comp'd.

transportprof Feb 19, 2016 10:29 am

Originally Posted by qukslvr619 (Post 26211398)
The actual policy applies to all passengers in F regardless of status. FA's are to honor requests for the premium beverages just as any other drink request during the F service. 1K or Kettle, if you are in F, they are comp'd.

Where is this written? Is it accessible to civilians like the GS/IK food and bev comp policy in Y? Having a printout could help in certain situations.

Plane-is-home Feb 19, 2016 3:46 pm

flying tomorrow 6:15am YYC-DEN 737-800; 2:39 block time so clearly within meal policy, but listed as snack flight.
3 weeks ago was same thing and only snack was served not a display error.
Has UA gone down the Smisek route again?

JHake10 Feb 19, 2016 4:19 pm

2/18 ua1572 bos-sfo

For the second time this year an RPU has cleared! I got the beef short rib with rice option, which was pretty decent. For desert there was a lemon sorbet instead of the traditional vanilla ice cream which I liked as well.

cesco.g Feb 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 26213400)
For the second time this year an RPU has cleared! I got the beef short rib with rice option, which was pretty decent. For desert there was a lemon sorbet instead of the traditional vanilla ice cream which I liked as well.

Congrats on your RPU u/g! This route is tough to clear.
Was that a lunch or dinner flight your got the sorbet for dessert?

JHake10 Feb 19, 2016 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post 26213681)
Congrats on your RPU u/g! This route is tough to clear.
Was that a lunch or dinner flight your got the sorbet for dessert?

The flight had a scheduled departure of 3:58 PM EST. I think that qualifies for lunch.

cesco.g Feb 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Yes, it looks like sorbet seems to be a lunch dessert, ice cream the dinner one.