FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1735606-2016-lets-eat-domestic-canada-latin-america-first-business-p-s-businessfirst.html)

popoemt Feb 29, 2016 7:36 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 26259182)
Pretty tacky the cookie was served packaged.

Yeah, not very eco-friendly, and unsure on how hard it would have been to bake (re-heat) cookies rather than serve on the tray.

kirkwoodj Feb 29, 2016 11:24 am

SFO-IAH lunch yesterday. Lobster mac or chicken cacciatore. Obvious choice there. The disgusting lemon sorbet is back, so skipped that.

hirohito888 Feb 29, 2016 6:23 pm

UA1926
LGA-IAH

Airbus A320
Lunch

Choice of Chicken Enchilada or Asian Beef Salad (below)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6p...s=w960-h720-no

And square cookie for dessert
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B8...Y=w666-h896-no

popoemt Mar 2, 2016 4:28 pm

YVR-SFO snack flight

1 Attachment(s)
YVR-SFO
1243-1504
Snack flight
No PDB
New United First seats (first time in the new seats)

Drinks once in the air, then a cheese and fruit plate. FA's were attentive Throughout the flight.

cesco.g Mar 2, 2016 4:41 pm

March p.s. transcon LAX-EWR, BF: Breakfast egg dish changed from February to an omelette with a creamy French herb cheese-type filling (a la Boursin), alongside two breakfast sausage links and assorted roasted potatoes. Omelette was pretty tasty. Sausage & potatoes kinda dry.

There were two additional offerings, not sure about description, as no menus were handed out.

transportprof Mar 2, 2016 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by popoemt (Post 26274590)
YVR-SFO
1243-1504
Snack flight
No PDB
New United First seats (first time in the new seats)

Drinks once in the air, then a cheese and fruit plate. FA's were attentive Throughout the flight.

Was there any bread, or crackers, with the cheez?

popoemt Mar 2, 2016 5:31 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 26274658)
Was there any bread, or crackers, with the cheez?

There were prepackaged crackers... Not that good either...

transportprof Mar 2, 2016 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by popoemt (Post 26274864)
There were prepackaged crackers... Not that good either...

Then it's a pretty big downgrade from the full lunch service that used to be served on this flight.

Hope you had a couple of Moscow Mules (or equivalent) to make the snack more palatable.

popoemt Mar 2, 2016 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 26274870)
Then it's a pretty big downgrade from the full lunch service that used to be served on this flight.

Hope you had a couple of Moscow Mules (or equivalent) to make the snack more palatable.

Hahaha, totally forgot about those, I wonder if any even made it on board.

UA_Flyer Mar 2, 2016 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post 26274653)
March p.s. transcon LAX-EWR, BF: Breakfast egg dish changed from February to an omelette with a creamy French herb cheese-type filling (a la Boursin), alongside two breakfast sausage links and assorted roasted potatoes. Omelette was pretty tasty. Sausage & potatoes kinda dry.

There were two additional offerings, not sure about description, as no menus were handed out.

Did you receive the new PS amenity bag?

phxrsng Mar 3, 2016 11:36 am

I got the p.s. amenity bag last time I flew. It's very basic (smaller and more basic than TATL BF) but functional. Gives you basically what you would get if you grabbed everything from the basket. No complaints.

mike1968 Mar 3, 2016 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy (Post 26259986)
SFO-ORD Lunch

Best crew in a long time, in particular because the whole crew was excellent. Not a surly one in the lot.

Warm nuts and drinks
Chicken Cacciatore or Chicken Enchilada
Pretzel roll
Salad that was upgraded with a few things in it and new lemon dressing I hadn't had before and was very good.
Lemon sorbet

I had the enchilada. There were two baked in a casserole dish with lots of cheese and were delicious. There was just enough kick to make them interesting but obviously still subtle enough for serving to the general public. My neighbor had the cacciatore and ate the whole thing. Big piece of chicken with a tomato salsa-type thing on top, served with gnocchi.

Overall, one my best flights in a long time, from crew to food.

Urgh, I thought UA was trying to upgrade F. When did they go back to Sandra P-B's chicken or more chicken meal flights? Are the factory farms cutting UA a deal ahead of bird flu season? Not sure why the ORD-SFO route in particular ends up with chicken or nothing for F, but this nonsense just reinforces that the best thing to do is stick with AA or VX for F travel to CA.

cesco.g Mar 4, 2016 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer (Post 26275801)
Did you receive the new PS amenity bag?

Yes, it was at the seat upon boarding. It's a scaled down version of the international/overseas one:
bag is smaller in size featuring eye shades, ear plugs, tooth brush & paste, b4 handsanitizer.
Basically the same as previously offered from a tray, safe for the sanitizer. Yet, bag makes for a nicer presentation.

Ex-EWR p.s. BF breakfast egg dish for March was quiche, half a hot tomato, sweet potato cubes and 2 turkey sausage links. Quiche tasted pretty bland and was somewhat dry, as were the links.
IIRC, other choice was cheese blintzes with ham & pineapple, and the common cereal option. Seat neighbour took pix of food and asked me for my copy of menu upon deboarding - so can't report each menu detail.

MisterVegas Mar 14, 2016 12:25 pm

1 Attachment(s)
3/13/16
IAD - IAH
Flight#249
Seat 1L
Dinner Service

Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya with a chocolate chip cookie for dessert

dmurphynj Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm

3 Attachment(s)
3/11/2016
SFO-EWR p.s.
UA779
Seat 5A
Boeing 757-200 (p.s. 28J config)

Appetizer was shrimp w/ pineapple slice, and a grapefruit-and-golden-beet salad.

The salad was much more delicious than it sounds.

For the main course, it was lamb shoulder with gnocchi, eggplant confit and mushrooms, with a peppermint pesto on top. As odd as the pesto sounds, it was truly delicious - one of the best inflight meals I've had in a long time.

Dessert was the ice cream sundae + a cookie before landing. Neither of them survived long enough for a photo ;) Nor did the pretzel roll I had with the salad course.

Service, as usual, was FANTASTIC! Very attentive; while the wine wasn't Caymus, it was a) drinkable and b) refilled consistently.

Excellent meal; much better than the Tapas box I would've had in E+.