Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by conquistador74
Whatever you say. Please advise who us catering, then. Show me a pic of a catering supplier against a UAL aircraft in CUN.
Because we know FA's never make things up!

All I am saying is that I am a MMer who flies out of Newark often. I have never in all my years of flying CO/UA seen that salmon or bread like that or chives in the salad -- it is clearly not EWR catering. UA still only has a limited number of dishes and that square-shape salmon filet is not one of them.

I have no idea who actually caters, but I'd imagine the same company that serves many airlines in CUN.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by elitefreak
What should I expect on my EWR - MCO tomorrow, departing 9pm, flight time 2:49? I think I will get a plated "snack"? Not just the basket?
The 9 PM EWR-MCO departure is coded as "Light snack and beverages," so you'll get the basket. No plated snack (coded as "Snack").
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Nope, I don't think so.

Look at this meal--

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27053378-post537.html

We never see this salmon, this salad, this salad dressing, or this bread/butter ex-USA.

That's the chicken I had and it was a dry stump of protein. Horrible. And stale hard roll. Even with the mantequilla.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by rch4u
The 9 PM EWR-MCO departure is coded as "Light snack and beverages," so you'll get the basket. No plated snack (coded as "Snack").
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Or the TK lounge. It's like EPCOT in that terminal.
oh yes!!! thanks for the reminder. I have 4hrs in IAD, I'll lounge hop
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by findark
Should be same menu as October IAD-SFO. I generally find the domestic F food to be decent and worth making a meal of.
i did see this post a few days ago and I thought it might be the same but then I noticed that was a dinner service. I wasn't sure if UA offers the same options for Lunch/DInner.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
10/19/16 DEN-SBA flight 5399

ERJ-175 Dinner, choice of noodle bowl or chicken wrap.

This is nearly a 3 hour flight so dinner is offered in 1st.

Hot towel service.

Excellent service, quick for food and drinks. No hot food offered however, no warm nuts or freshly baked cookie. Dinner for me was the chicken wrap, desert was the pre-packaged cookie. Food was still very good overall - seemed quite fresh. A hot food option for dinner would be nice.

Streamlining private device entertainment. Could also fit my full size carry on in the overhead.

1st post so still trying to figure out how to attach the pic!
Attached Images  

Last edited by tstauck; Nov 1, 2016 at 1:39 pm Reason: Add photo
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum Marriott Platinum
Today #588 ORD-SLC

Two choices for breakfast but the second choice is irrelevant as the first one was French Toast Soufflé!!!

Jackpot baby!!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tstauck

Hot towel service.

Excellent service, quick for food and drinks. No hot food offered however, no warm nuts or freshly baked cookie. Dinner for me was the chicken wrap, desert was the pre-packaged cookie. Food was still very good overall - seemed quite fresh. A hot food option for dinner would be nice.

Streamlining private device entertainment. Could also fit my full size carry on in the overhead.

Welcome aboard, tstauk!

Scroll down from "Reply to Tread" to "Additional Options" in a new reply. You'll see "Manage Attachments". If you try to edit a reply, the layout doesn't present "Additional Options", so look for "Go Advanced" at bottom to expand.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i did see this post a few days ago and I thought it might be the same but then I noticed that was a dinner service. I wasn't sure if UA offers the same options for Lunch/DInner.
Yes, it's the same catering set. Lunch has a sorbet and dinner has ice cream.

The ERJ-175 does not have ovens, so they can't serve hot food.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, it's the same catering set. Lunch has a sorbet and dinner has ice cream.

The ERJ-175 does not have ovens, so they can't serve hot food.
Wasn't it part of the original enhancement announcement that they'd equip the commuter jets with ovens?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Hot towel service.

They do not have ovens, so everything is served chilled.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Wasn't it part of the original enhancement announcement that they'd equip the commuter jets with ovens?
Ovens take space, Alaska is finding this out with the E75's. Personally give me a good sandwich and a side with extra catering. The food that is being served on AS on those plane are pathetic.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: UA MM
The other day flew ORD-BOS on the 7:45 PM departure and got a pretty decent tandoor chicken in F. (sorry no pix, I was a zombie after the NRT-ORD leg and long layover because of how fast both immigration and security were at ORD!) There was a bit of veg with a good amount of paneer and basmati rice. I'm quite a fan of Indian food and found it decent. Warm cookie for dessert. Only flaw was that the nuts arrived about 5 minutes before the food tray. Otherwise excellent service!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Ovens take space, Alaska is finding this out with the E75's. Personally give me a good sandwich and a side with extra catering. The food that is being served on AS on those plane are pathetic.
Back in the day when Compass was flying for NW they had ovens on their E-jets. And Mesaba also had ovens on their CRJ-900's. I was in the first few rows of coach a few weeks ago on an Endeavor-operated DL flight and swear I could smell hot food so they may still be serving hot meals on their oven-equipped RJ's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.