Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I just don't understand how this works for Hertz or UA. I'm renting a car tomorrow for $38. I'll collect 5750 miles, conservatively valued at $86. Or looking at it another way, UA is selling the miles for about 1/2 cent and throwing in a free car rental. I don't get it.
No idea...certainly a great deal, especially for those who do multiple 1-day rentals each trip (that's not me...time is money)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I just don't understand how this works for Hertz or UA. I'm renting a car tomorrow for $38. I'll collect 5750 miles, conservatively valued at $86. Or looking at it another way, UA is selling the miles for about 1/2 cent and throwing in a free car rental. I don't get it.
It is mystifying, for sure, but I'm not complaining. I've got an upcoming rental for $22, worth 5,250 miles. I'm at the point where I won't even bother with a rental if it's over $30.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:39 pm

Its been 8 weeks and I havent gotten the 3000 bonus for any rental even though I was targeted in my email. I rented like 20 cars with them. Im going to file a credit card dispute on every single one. Ill let you guys know how it goes.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Princeofpersia
Its been 8 weeks and I havent gotten the 3000 bonus for any rental even though I was targeted in my email. I rented like 20 cars with them. Im going to file a credit card dispute on every single one. Ill let you guys know how it goes.
Eight weeks is a long time, something is certainly wrong. Before you file a credit card dispute have you contacted Hertz? When I was missing the 3,000 miles for 2 reservations I contacted them and it only took a few days to get the miles into my account. And have you checked your reservation confirmation to make sure that you actually had the CDP and PC codes for this promotion in your reservation?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:10 pm

Guys. Thanks for tips and just heads up to all. If you do much as TOUCH the initial rental search or booking it defaults to another CDP and PC gets wiped. For me it defaults to Amex plat so o had to be vigilant before each car pickup.

Has anyone here done bookings literally just out and back in immediately, rinse and repeat? I did 2x per day and that was the extent for me.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Just tried doing something - since bookings are only airport to airport, I did DTW-DTW, then went to Hertz.com and changed the reservation to a local edition.

When I booked on hertz.com once before without united.com but using the CDP and PC, I didn't get the united.com booking bonus - so am trying this to see if I get all the miles. Anyone have experience, or is there a data point in this thread on how to get this to work when one/both cities aren't an airport?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
My experience has been pretty good( may have to call United for the missing Hertz Bonus may be 10% of the time). Everything else post quite on-time. (usually 2-3 weeks, sometimes faster). You do have to make sure that the CDP and PC number is the one that is in your reservation. (advised by the Hertz Employee when I returned my car) and you have to book on united.com the get the united.com bonus. Using Hertz.com is a bit tricky and I didn't want to deal with it since it offered me the same rates regardless which site I went to utilizing the same CDP/PC

Last edited by fly2lanai; Nov 28, 2017 at 9:43 am Reason: Add more info
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BThumme
Just tried doing something - since bookings are only airport to airport, I did DTW-DTW, then went to Hertz.com and changed the reservation to a local edition.

When I booked on hertz.com once before without united.com but using the CDP and PC, I didn't get the united.com booking bonus - so am trying this to see if I get all the miles. Anyone have experience, or is there a data point in this thread on how to get this to work when one/both cities aren't an airport?
Same for me, in the past I tried changing the reservation to a local edition, and yes, the booking bonus does not post. In fact, I noticed it changed the confirmation number as well.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:11 pm

Recent DP:

today i I got almost a batch posting. Three separate rentals. Nov 24th, 25th, 26th

all three posted today

500 hertz rental
1500 united booking bonus.

Not posted yet.
3000 hertz bonus offer
500 hert premier silver/gold bonus.

Last i rented w hertz was in early summer. IIRC it took +7d for this first batch and +10d from rental to get the 3k+0,5k.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Recent DP:

today i I got almost a batch posting. Three separate rentals. Nov 24th, 25th, 26th

all three posted today

500 hertz rental
1500 united booking bonus.

Not posted yet.
3000 hertz bonus offer
500 hert premier silver/gold bonus.

Last i rented w hertz was in early summer. IIRC it took +7d for this first batch and +10d from rental to get the 3k+0,5k.
The 500 hertz rental and 1500 united booking bonus post within 24 hours typically... the final 750 points takes several days.... still waiting on mine from a couple weeks ago.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:38 pm
Yub

I had several rentals where some bonuses never posted. Hertz told me that the problem is due to not having the proper CDP and/or PC on the reservation. This was puzzling since I made all reservations from united.com and the CDP and PC were always pre-filled. I would have been more likely to forget to enter my Hertz member number, though that seems to have never happened.

I've now figured out that PC code on reservations made on united.com are not consistently sent to Hertz. I have been able to replicate cases where the initial united.com reservation screen shows the CDP and PC, but at least one of the codes is not sent to Hertz when the reservation is completed. The PC code is the one usually missing, but I've also replicated where CDP or both are missing. Through the MPSC, I've offered to help their web team replicate the problem so that it can be fixed, but the MPSC has ignored my offers.

Most of the missing bonus miles have been manually credited (I've had about two dozen rentals that had missing miles, out of 3-4 dozen rentals), though it took months to resolve some of them, and hours of documentation from my end. There are a couple of credits still missing, and when I inquired about fixing the last two, they said they would not make any more "exceptions" for me.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Yub
I had several rentals where some bonuses never posted. Hertz told me that the problem is due to not having the proper CDP and/or PC on the reservation. This was puzzling since I made all reservations from united.com and the CDP and PC were always pre-filled. I would have been more likely to forget to enter my Hertz member number, though that seems to have never happened.

I've now figured out that PC code on reservations made on united.com are not consistently sent to Hertz. I have been able to replicate cases where the initial united.com reservation screen shows the CDP and PC, but at least one of the codes is not sent to Hertz when the reservation is completed. The PC code is the one usually missing, but I've also replicated where CDP or both are missing. Through the MPSC, I've offered to help their web team replicate the problem so that it can be fixed, but the MPSC has ignored my offers.

FWIW, without the PC, the rates are a couple dollars cheaper, and maybe UA doesn't have to give out miles then, and that is the reason? Or probably just a bug that isn't worth fixing from their perspective.

Most of the missing bonus miles have been manually credited (I've had about two dozen rentals that had missing miles, out of 3-4 dozen rentals), though it took months to resolve some of them, and hours of documentation from my end. There are a couple of credits still missing, and when I inquired about fixing the last two, they said they would not make any more "exceptions" for me.
I've always had to go into advanced search when booking a car rental on UA to verify the numbers. When you get to the car class select screen and select one, you should see in big black bold letters your UA rate code, and the PC code. 95% of the times (maybe 100?), if you just search a car, I've found UA doesn't include the PC. Even if you search it, then research (change times, dates), it seems to lose. I've never had UA not transmit the code, the code just needs to be there in the first place.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:20 am

Here's a misc data point. I've noticed you can keep the United.com booking bonus as long as your confirmation number stays the same. Changing DTW-DTW to DTW-local edition allowed me (rather, it did) to keep the same confirmation. I got all the miles. I noticed changing a DTW-DTW reservation to local-local gave me a new confirmation, and I did not get the booking.com bonus (but the rest). So it seems that as long as you book on UA and the conf number stays the same, you're good.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
Here's a misc data point. I've noticed you can keep the United.com booking bonus as long as your confirmation number stays the same. Changing DTW-DTW to DTW-local edition allowed me (rather, it did) to keep the same confirmation. I got all the miles. I noticed changing a DTW-DTW reservation to local-local gave me a new confirmation, and I did not get the booking.com bonus (but the rest). So it seems that as long as you book on UA and the conf number stays the same, you're good.
Agree, I noticed the same thing, If the confirmation gets changed (pick up at local edition), you lose the booking bonus.

Also, I'm continuing the get the 3,000 summer offer bonus (last rental 11/24). Reading the emails they're sending me, I'm seeing it valid until 1/31/18.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:29 pm

Does anyone know if renting through United and Dollar rent a car do you get the same bonuses? When I use United to make the reservation, Dollar always comes up along with Hertz as I guess they're partners.
Thanks,
Tom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.