Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Do you get Hertz Gold points through this promo on top of the miles in this promo? I suspect no Hertz points with this promo as while all my MP miles have posted, I have not been credited any Hertz points since mid 2017.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Slurve30
Do you get Hertz Gold points through this promo on top of the miles in this promo? I suspect no Hertz points with this promo as while all my MP miles have posted, I have not been credited any Hertz points since mid 2017.
Correct - you can credit rentals to Hertz or United but not both. Given you're basically turning a UA mile profit while getting a free car.. I don't regret the loss.
JNelson113 and Slurve30 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by JNelson113
hoangb was right!!!
I am not surprised.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Extended to April 30th...surprised it’s only a 1-month extension; they have usually been at least 2 in the past.
Did they extend the upto 2750 miles offer or the targeted summer one with upto 5750 offer?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mrahul
Did they extend the upto 2750 miles offer or the targeted summer one with upto 5750 offer?
Should be only the 2,750, but given the summer promo is still being handed out, who knows about the extra 3k miles...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:30 pm

Earlier, they were sending out emails a couple of weeks before the expiration of the offer.
Seems like they are not going to extend it.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:42 am

Hi everyone, first time poster. I was doing a few back to back rentals. Would return and immediately start a new reservation. Got all the miles posted except for the 1500 United.com bonus.

After the third time doing this the Hertz agent mentioned that it was possible to book multiple reservations for the same time and use the same car. I tried this, with 6 reservations at roughly $30 each. She put the same car for each reservation. Now I’m worried because it’s been 6 days and the miles have not posted at all. The single car reservation I had the day before has already posted the 500 standard + 3000 bonus.

I was charged the .75 FF surcharge and my mileage # is showing up on the invoices.

Last edited by Alex Jimenez; Jan 20, 2018 at 6:48 am
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Alex Jimenez
Hi everyone, first time poster. I was doing a few back to back rentals. Would return and immediately start a new reservation. Got all the miles posted except for the 1500 United.com bonus.

After the third time doing this the Hertz agent mentioned that it was possible to book multiple reservations for the same time and use the same car. I tried this, with 6 reservations at roughly $30 each. She put the same car for each reservation. Now I’m worried because it’s been 6 days and the miles have not posted at all. The single car reservation I had the day before has already posted the 500 standard + 3000 bonus.

I was charged the .75 FF surcharge and my mileage # is showing up on the invoices.
Welcome to FT!

Miles for Hertz rentals posting to your MP account can be a bit irregular, so I wouldn't worry too much if it hasn't shown up yet. I am still waiting on a rental I took last weekend to post.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
There appears to have been a 3000 mile bonus sweep as several just posted to my account.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Lots
There appears to have been a 3000 mile bonus sweep as several just posted to my account.
The sweep seems to happen late Friday / early Saturday every week with the initial 500 points appearing the week of the rental and the all the bonuses coming a week later. Occasionally one gets delayed by another week but that’s been the pattern for all of my miles during this bonanza that I hope never ends.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by IggySD

The sweep seems to happen late Friday / early Saturday every week with the initial 500 points appearing the week of the rental and the all the bonuses coming a week later. Occasionally one gets delayed by another week but that’s been the pattern for all of my miles during this bonanza that I hope never ends.
Sadly my 3000 bonus is ending 1/31; I shall cry. But it's been great!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:54 pm

Sadly my 3000 bonus is ending 1/31; I shall cry. But it's been great!
same here, got a new offer for 2500 miles from 5750! Still good but not going to be renting as often.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:35 pm

oh boy, this would be outstanding. please keep us posted
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:37 pm

what about just booking multiple cars, if the same car trick doesn't work? do you have to drive all of them off the lot to trigger the rental?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:30 am

Got my 1500+500 for my SFO rental a couple weeks back last weekend. 3k summer bonus posted yesterday...still waiting on the 750 GS/1K bonus. Gotta love Hertz MP credit posting...makes no sense at all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.