Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old Aug 31, 15, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Old May 27, 21, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Good to know it's still somewhat possible to force a reasonable rate with Hertz. Not sure how anyone would be Booking direct with them at the prices their website shows. I just finished a $700 rental for a week with Avis. Hertz wanted $2500.
Old May 27, 21, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
I am getting good rates with Hertz but I don't just book through the United car rental search engine, I also use AutoSlash, see here:

https://www.autoslash.com

They consistently have the best rates, and most of the time it's with Hertz (usually $100+ less than the UA engine for weekly rentals). You won't get the UA bonus points with them (which are, at the most, worth $55-), but you still get the President's Circle (complimentary for Plat and 1K) upgrades, ...
but i assume base UA miles should post even with autoslash (which i guess is just a dedicated CDP).. in the past 500+750 did not require UA CDP and posted promptly on my corporate rate
Old May 27, 21, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
but i assume base UA miles should post even with autoslash (which i guess is just a dedicated CDP).. in the past 500+750 did not require UA CDP and posted promptly on my corporate rate
Correct. There are fields available when you complete your AutoSlash bookings to add your CDP # or Hertz #.

AutoSlash doesn't have their own discounts, you actually fill-out a profile of discounts that you are qualified for e.g. Sam's Club/Costco/Amex Plat/Visa Infinite/USAA, etc. and they just find you the best discount, agnostic of company. For me, it usually works out to be Hertz.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by zombietooth; May 27, 21 at 4:33 pm
Old Aug 27, 21, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Anyone know if the extra 1,500 bonus mile offer for two-plus days is gone? I am getting emails for upcoming trips to get a total of 2,500 miles for booking through UA/rentalcars.com but there is no mention of the extra bonus on the landing page and when I log in (as gold) it just says I will earn only 1,000. So I'm not going to book via this channel unless I know for sure. Otherwise, it's typically cheaper with AAA rates.
Old Aug 27, 21, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Anyone know if the extra 1,500 bonus mile offer for two-plus days is gone? I am getting emails for upcoming trips to get a total of 2,500 miles for booking through UA/rentalcars.com but there is no mention of the extra bonus on the landing page and when I log in (as gold) it just says I will earn only 1,000. So I'm not going to book via this channel unless I know for sure. Otherwise, it's typically cheaper with AAA rates.
It's been gone for some time. Given how crazy the car market (including rentals) is at the moment, they don't really need to provide any additional incentives to rent. Perhaps part of Hertz's post-bankruptcy plan was curtailing paying UA for miles to hand out like candy.
Old Aug 27, 21, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
It's been gone for some time. Given how crazy the car market (including rentals) is at the moment, they don't really need to provide any additional incentives to rent. Perhaps part of Hertz's post-bankruptcy plan was curtailing paying UA for miles to hand out like candy.
Only problem was they added a surcharge for those miles they graciously awarded you with the booking.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 21, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post

Hertz

MileagePlus members can earn up to 1,250 award miles per qualifying rental. Plus, customers can get special savings with the MileagePlus discount code CDP 62455.
  • MileagePlus general members earn 500 miles on every Hertz rental.
  • MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers earn 750 miles on every Hertz rental.
  • Premier Silver and Premier Gold members earn 1,000 miles on every Hertz rental.
  • Premier Platinum and Premier 1K members earn 1,250 miles on every Hertz rental.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 21, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
I literally just received this email today. I'm aware the 1,500 bonus went away a while ago but this suggests it came back. Or is the email marketing that bad?
Old Aug 27, 21, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Side question: are you actually getting reasonable rates for Hertz compared to other companies? They have been obscene the few trips I considered them....like double of triple Avis cost. Curious to know if they have settled down. I haven't looked in 5 months.
Old Aug 28, 21, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander View Post
Side question: are you actually getting reasonable rates for Hertz compared to other companies? They have been obscene the few trips I considered them....like double of triple Avis cost. Curious to know if they have settled down. I haven't looked in 5 months.
No. Hertz is still obscene. We have switched to Avis or others. Chasing a measly 1250 miles for double what another rental company is offering for the same car isn't remotely worth it.
Old Aug 28, 21, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Ill confirm that I got 1,250 miles for a four day Hertz rental last week. Posted first as 500 miles but then got a 750 mile bonus a couple days later.

Booked with the AAA CDP. Had booked a C Car; got upgraded to a small SUV with Presidents Circle. This was at Kona, Hawaii.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 21, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Crazy rates. I rented at CDG last Sunday and returned yesterday: five days. I did drive about 600 km over the 250 km/day limit. The total price was just over 2,000 Euros or 400 Euros per day.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Aug 28, 21, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I check, and occasionally Hertz is competitive. They were the cheapest for example for a trip I'd originally booked to MSN next weekend (I ended up cancelling that and opting to go to Vermont instead when I realized it was Penn St. vs. Wisconsin and downtown would be slammed). But then at BTV, National blew them away; they were literally 1/6th the rate for Hertz, and I usually get far better cars from National (as a middling Emerald Exec via Amex Plat, vs. the Hertz President's Circle via UA). I noticed Hertz is totally gone at a few airports I travel to also, leaving only Avis and Enterprise/National in those cases.

For that matter, the UA CDP code for Hertz is rarely the cheapest of those I have legit access to; sometimes it is, sure, and I usually check, but it's rare. My employer leisure rate code is normally 1/2 what the UA CDP is (even more odd is when I check the old, pre-merger employer CDP, which still exists 19 years after the acquisition of that company by my current employer, and often is a very good rate).
Old Oct 31, 21, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
With the Hertz United partnership ending, will the United mileage earning continue until October next year or is it already over?
Old Nov 1, 21, 10:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
So this thread can stay focus earning UA mileage bonuses for booking with Hertz, those curious about the Hertz / UA relationship, please see Extent of future relationship between United and Hertz changing?

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Search this Thread