Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Hey Yub, thank you but I'm certain that's not it, in part because I've gotten all the other bonus miles, just not the 3000 extra bonus. I think that what's happening is that the 2750 mile offer to 3/31 is "overriding" my 5750 mile offer that was supposed to be good until 1/31. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so how did you get those miles. Thanks all!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Just a quick comment that when booking through the United site I also get offers for Dollar Rent a Car right below Hertz. Dollar was $10 cheaper per day so went with it, and only got 150 miles in the end, 50 miles per day for 3 days.
Won't make that mistake again! I have another Hertz rental this weekend for one day, and will report back if it all posts properly. Last rental I did was in Nov, and all 5,750 miles posted with no issues.
- Tom
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by tstauck
Just a quick comment that when booking through the United site I also get offers for Dollar Rent a Car right below Hertz. Dollar was $10 cheaper per day so went with it, and only got 150 miles in the end, 50 miles per day for 3 days.
Won't make that mistake again! I have another Hertz rental this weekend for one day, and will report back if it all posts properly. Last rental I did was in Nov, and all 5,750 miles posted with no issues.
- Tom
That may be worth a call to Dollar to ensure that they captured your promotional code properly....... maybe UA can help with this if you booked directly... maybe UA Customer Care?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmoore
That may be worth a call to Dollar to ensure that they captured your promotional code properly....... maybe UA can help with this if you booked directly... maybe UA Customer Care?
...?

50 points per day, or 500 points on a 5+ day rental, is the Dollar earning rate. This promo is for Hertz rentals only.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Hey Yub, thank you but I'm certain that's not it, in part because I've gotten all the other bonus miles, just not the 3000 extra bonus. I think that what's happening is that the 2750 mile offer to 3/31 is "overriding" my 5750 mile offer that was supposed to be good until 1/31. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so how did you get those miles. Thanks all!
No overriding. No worries on that. If you had rented within the promotional period for the additional 3,000 miles, you will get the 3,000 miles. No overriding. I would be surpirsed if you don't receive them between Jan. 10-15.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by hoangb
No overriding. No worries on that. If you had rented within the promotional period for the additional 3,000 miles, you will get the 3,000 miles. No overriding. I would be surpirsed if you don't receive them between Jan. 10-15.
Thanks! I think that I'll give it until next Monday and then call MPSC if I don't see them. Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by jsloan
...?

50 points per day, or 500 points on a 5+ day rental, is the Dollar earning rate. This promo is for Hertz rentals only.
I rented with Thrifty a while back with the promo (maybe 2 years ago) and got the points.... is this promotion strictly a Hertz promotion now? Many times, I see Dollar and Thrifty offered as well....
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I rented with Thrifty a while back with the promo (maybe 2 years ago) and got the points.... is this promotion strictly a Hertz promotion now? Many times, I see Dollar and Thrifty offered as well....
Dollar and Thrifty show up as a comparison when you do advanced search, but I have always understood the promo (and it is advertised as such) to be only Hertz-specific.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Yes, I went back and read the fine print and it seems to be Hertz only, so I haven't bothered to call. Just slightly deceiving because I click on the offer and multiple car rental agencies show up.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
Yes, I went back and read the fine print and it seems to be Hertz only, so I haven't bothered to call. Just slightly deceiving because I click on the offer and multiple car rental agencies show up.
9 times out of 10, the others are more expensive than Hertz anyway... and if you have 5* or PC on Hertz, you really want to stick with them to be able to take a car of your choice.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by hoangb
How can you be so sure? I mean, do you have any data points to back it? I had the same problem that no bonus 3,000 miles posted even from my 12/23 and 12/28 rentals, while the other 2500=500+500+1500 miles posted as normal. I suspect that the new promotion indeed overrides the old one, too. Still conflicted on whether or not to call MP though, since I did quite a bit back-to-back rentals lately
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Data point: I just had the 3K bonus post for a rental in mid-December. Coded as "Hertz Summer Offer" and it was two weeks after the other miles (500 + 750 + 1,500) posted.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:13 pm

Just got my 3000s also!

hoangb was right!!!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by alloyoko
How can you be so sure? I mean, do you have any data points to back it? I had the same problem that no bonus 3,000 miles posted even from my 12/23 and 12/28 rentals, while the other 2500=500+500+1500 miles posted as normal. I suspect that the new promotion indeed overrides the old one, too. Still conflicted on whether or not to call MP though, since I did quite a bit back-to-back rentals lately
Well, got my 3000s too yesterday.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Extended to April 30th...surprised it’s only a 1-month extension; they have usually been at least 2 in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.