Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
There is a delay on the extra 3k miles posting...I would wait a few weeks.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
There is a delay on the extra 3k miles posting...I would wait a few weeks.
Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I'm actively pursuing this promotion. In my experience, the 500 for the rental and the 1500 for the bonus post quickly. The Chase cardholder bonus takes a bit (~a week). I'm still waiting on the extra 3000 for all my rentals (first earliest was returned 5/26), which I hope is backdated like the others as that would make for an easier reconciliation process.

I do wish the 3000 posted quicker, as it would make me more confident in maximizing this promotion.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by channa
I just got a targeted 5,750 miles per rental: 1,250 miles per rental + 1,500 miles for mid-size or higher at united.com + 3,000 miles per rental thru Sept. 9 = 5,750 miles per rental, no limit.
I am setting up a week long rental for mid July & unfortunately I have not received the targeted email for this promotion. Any tips on how to get it?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:31 am
Original Member

Summer special: Earn up to 5,000 miles per car rental and save up to 40%

Just received "targeted" offer from United.

From now until Sept 9th.

- 500 award miles for rental
- 1500 bonus miles every time rent midsize or larger booked thru united.com
- 3000 extra bonus miles for every car you rent

This offer is only valid for you and cannot be transferred. To take advantage of it, book through united.com with your MileagePlus® number and use discount code (CDP) 62455 and promotion code (PC) 305023.

This offer is valid for rentals picked up by September 9, 2017.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
Just received "targeted" offer from United.
I just got this again too. It would be interesting to know whether you received it when the sent it out before (around May 22) or if they are targeting more people.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:03 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ncSam
I just got this again too. It would be interesting to know whether you received it when the sent it out before (around May 22) or if they are targeting more people.
Oh, sorry, I missed the May 22nd email. Yes, I received then too.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I just received the targeted 5k offer.

Is there anyway to get around the United.com booking requirement for the 1.5k bonus points? For several upcoming bookings I need to make, United.com is showing me no Hertz availability, but when I use the exact same dates/times on the Hertz webpage - along with the UA CDP/PC codes - there are plenty of vehicles available. Has anyone else enountered his and/or found a workaround?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I just received the targeted 5k offer.

Is there anyway to get around the United.com booking requirement for the 1.5k bonus points? For several upcoming bookings I need to make, United.com is showing me no Hertz availability, but when I use the exact same dates/times on the Hertz webpage - along with the UA CDP/PC codes - there are plenty of vehicles available. Has anyone else enountered his and/or found a workaround?

-FlyerBeek
I've had this happen to me several times. You've probably tried this, but for me, just performing the search again often produces results.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
I've had this happen to me several times. You've probably tried this, but for me, just performing the search again often produces results.
I had this happen exactly yesterday-

UA search showed no cars available for a Tues 12AM pickup.
Then did UA search instead for a Mon 11PM pickup, and got results.
Meanwhile the Hertz website showed availability both days/times.

Either something's not right between UA and Hertz on the back-end to determine availability, or they have some agreement to cap UA on the number of bookings for a given day/location.

I've also had luck with this promo by booking a reservation through UA w/ my Hertz number for whatever date they show availability, then logging into Hertz and modifying it to the dates I actually wanted.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
I've also had luck with this promo by booking a reservation through UA w/ my Hertz number for whatever date they show availability, then logging into Hertz and modifying it to the dates I actually wanted.
Great data point. Another anomaly I've noticed is that the pricing also varies a bit depending on the search (i.e. 2 searches on the UA website for the exact same dates, times, and locations can yield different results).
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Great data point. Another anomaly I've noticed is that the pricing also varies a bit depending on the search (i.e. 2 searches on the UA website for the exact same dates, times, and locations can yield different results).
I've noticed that sometimes, UA doesn't include a promo code in the search, which explains the discrepancy.

I have to actually goto advanced search on UA to verify the promo code is in. If I just search cars, it doesn't include the PC.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
I've noticed that sometimes, UA doesn't include a promo code in the search, which explains the discrepancy.

I have to actually goto advanced search on UA to verify the promo code is in. If I just search cars, it doesn't include the PC.
Ah, this makes sense, and explains why I always end up with the "lower" of the two rates on my first search after clicking through from the targeted email.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Ah, this makes sense, and explains why I always end up with the "lower" of the two rates on my first search after clicking through from the targeted email.
Real issue is in that scenario you would NOT get the extra promo miles as the promo code isn't on it.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Yes, I've tried multiple times - even slightly changing the pickup/drop-off times and requested vehicle type. No joy - although the Hertz website continues to show availability using the UA CDP/PC codes.

Originally Posted by Wooglin
I had this happen exactly yesterday...
Thanks - that was actually going to be my next question. So, if I complete the initial booking on United.com, I can modify the times/dates on Hertz.com and should still receive the additional 1.5k United.com booking bonus? (or are you referring to the other bonus points related to this promo?)

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.