Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I got the 3k bonus offer per rental and am still waiting for those to post from a few rentals in early/mid-June. The other miles from booking on united.com + elite bonus posted a few days after the rentals. The email says it could take 6-8 weeks, but it seems that others have been getting all points posted in a much shorter time frame.

Anyone else waiting this long for the bonus miles to post?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by econ
I got the 3k bonus offer per rental and am still waiting for those to post from a few rentals in early/mid-June. The other miles from booking on united.com + elite bonus posted a few days after the rentals. The email says it could take 6-8 weeks, but it seems that others have been getting all points posted in a much shorter time frame.

Anyone else waiting this long for the bonus miles to post?
It's sometimes taken me 3-4 weeks. I have not had to ever wait the full 6-8 week maximum length that is mentioned.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I rented a car in LA for 3 days last week and the 1500 bonus miles posted today. However, they only gave me 500 base miles (also posted today) instead of the advertised 1,250 for 1K. Is there anything else I need to do to make them aware I'm 1K?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by naumank
I rented a car in LA for 3 days last week and the 1500 bonus miles posted today. However, they only gave me 500 base miles (also posted today) instead of the advertised 1,250 for 1K. Is there anything else I need to do to make them aware I'm 1K?
Give it another 5-14 days, and then email customercare/1KVoice.

The extra 750 will post as a separate entry from the 500, IME a few days late.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:06 pm

It's always taken about 4 weeks for everything to post. This is what it looks like in my account.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Website now says it is extended to November 30...certainly feels like a never-ending 'promotion' at this point
It appears that the November 30 date is for the 1500 miles only. This is from the T&C in the second email I received about the promotion, on July 17:
Extra 3,000-mile bonus per rental only available to recipients of this email. Rentals must be picked up between May 22, 2017 and September 9, 2017 to earn the 3,000-mile bonus, and by November 30, 2017 to earn the 1,500-mile bonus.
Also wanted to mention that I've been booking at IAD, and have seen the daily rates fluctuate substantially, not only from day to day but even during a single day. If the rate is higher than you want for a given day, keep checking back, even on the day of the rental.

Also, the points seem to be taking a little longer to start posting in July than in June--the wait for me has gone from a few days to as much as 10 calendar days for the points to start posting, and perhaps 2-3 weeks for all of the points to post for a single rental. My experience has been that points for a single rental continue to post in groups, i.e. the base 500 and the 1500 bonus might post together, and then several days later the cardholder 250 and the summer 3000 bonus might post together. Patience seems to be a virtue with this promotion.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'm also noticing an increased delay in these posting over the past 2-3 weeks. I used to have an initial credit post within 3 days and then all the remaining bonuses posted (and backdated) within 5-7 days. I'm seeing nothing now for rentals that were completed over 7 days ago.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:27 pm

Interestingly enough, I got the 3K bonus for a rental done back in mid-June, even though I only received the email about the summer bonus miles promo last Monday (July 17)...it is valid for every rental I have between now and September 9. Nice to see it is not limited to 2 rentals, as most of these types of promotions have been.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I'm also noticing an increased delay in these posting over the past 2-3 weeks. I used to have an initial credit post within 3 days and then all the remaining bonuses posted (and backdated) within 5-7 days. I'm seeing nothing now for rentals that were completed over 7 days ago.

-FlyerBeek
Was 2-3 weeks for me back in May.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by findark
Was 2-3 weeks for me back in May.
My latest datapoint from a series of rentals about 10 days ago has the Hertz rental and United.com booking bonus now posting in 7 days (previously was about 3 days) and the 3,000 Summer promo is still MIA (previously posted after 7 days). YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I had 1500 + 500 post on one day, about 7 days after the rental, and the 3000 + another 500 post the next day. Pretty nice to get 5500 miles for one rental!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:08 pm

It is definitely taking longer than last month for the miles to post.
I did a rental in April and they posted in about a week. I did another one about 10 days ago. Only the 1500 and 500 miles posted and no trace of the 3000 miles yet.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:20 am

Did a rental out of INN. Returned the car morning of August 21...only the 500 base miles posted today. Usually the 1500+500 posts together, the 750 for 1K/GS bonus later, and the summer offer at some indeterminate point. Hope this sorts itself out, as I didn't have a great experience chasing up missing Hertz miles the last time I had to (although they ended up overcrediting my account in the end...).
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
FYI targeted: 5,750 miles per car rental (3K additional) Edit - oops didn't read previous posts.

This offer is only valid for you and cannot be transferred. To take advantage of it, book through united.com with your MileagePlus® number and use discount code (CDP) 62455 and promotion code (PC) 305023.
This offer is valid for rentals picked up by September 9, 2017.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Did a rental out of INN. Returned the car morning of August 21...only the 500 base miles posted today. Usually the 1500+500 posts together, the 750 for 1K/GS bonus later, and the summer offer at some indeterminate point. Hope this sorts itself out, as I didn't have a great experience chasing up missing Hertz miles the last time I had to (although they ended up overcrediting my account in the end...).
Got the 3K summer bonus posted overnight...still missing the united.com booking bonus (1500) and the 1K/GS bonus (750). First time that those will be posted after the other bonus. Probably worth giving MPSC a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.