Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BThumme
Hertz gets really fussy with one way rentals I've noticed. Is that the price for one day? I've seen Hertz easily quadruple the rate, even if it's for returning the car in the same state (say DTW-GRR). I have noticed on one ways sometimes Premium being the cheapest too.
I once rented from DAL (Dallas Love Field) and returned to DFW airport, and it was an additional $56 on a two day rental. I think they may be the only rental place that serves both airports that treats it as a standard one way rental even though the two locations are less than 20 miles apart. Since I haven't been flying Southwest quite as much, this hasn't been a major problem though, so I'm really just being nitpicky I guess.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Yeah hoping that comes back as well - I was renting cars on Saturday for about $20 and getting the 5500 miles every time!
jcatman likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
You are a genius!

Originally Posted by tstauck
Yeah hoping that comes back as well - I was renting cars on Saturday for about $20 and getting the 5500 miles every time!
That's fantastic! 5 days of rental and about $100 then would get you a roundtrip Saver award ticket! Drat, I didn't even think of that; if they bring this back, it's worth it to rent a car just to get the mileage! Good thinking!
tstauck likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:44 pm

I just learnt of this promo. I read the first several & the last several pages of this thread. It's my first time trying to get frequent flyer miles on a car rental. I have several local [aka non-airport] Hertz rentals booked for next month. I didn't see the option to do local car rentals on United page. The airport is too far for me & doesn't work for my needs any way. What's the consensus on whether it's possible to get these bonus miles on a local rental. Has any one actually received them? Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by sanmandude
I just learnt of this promo. I read the first several & the last several pages of this thread. It's my first time trying to get frequent flyer miles on a car rental. I have several local [aka non-airport] Hertz rentals booked for next month. I didn't see the option to do local car rentals on United page. The airport is too far for me & doesn't work for my needs any way. What's the consensus on whether it's possible to get these bonus miles on a local rental. Has any one actually received them? Thanks.
I tried to book an LGA rental and change the location to a Manhattan-based location - it did not work. I think this is probably a YMMV situation, but I would not count on it working (or wasting the time with MPSC or Hertz afterwards if it never posts).
sanmandude likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I tried to book an LGA rental and change the location to a Manhattan-based location - it did not work. I think this is probably a YMMV situation, but I would not count on it working (or wasting the time with MPSC or Hertz afterwards if it never posts).
Thanks for your reply.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:34 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator Note.

For those who participated in a brief thread earlier this week on this topic which was in the Hertz forum, it has been integrated into this forum and thread, so as to help posters in the former Hertz forum thread get the most out of the robust discussion here. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:11 pm

You would not get the 1500 United.com booking bonus if you do it a non-airport location. you would only get 500 miles per rental and an additional 250 miles if you are a chase united credit card holder.
sanmandude likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mrahul
You would not get the 1500 United.com booking bonus if you do it a non-airport location. you would only get 500 miles per rental and an additional 250 miles if you are a chase united credit card holder.
Not 100% true. You can't go from a local to an airport;

You can, however, book on UA.com from airport-airport and then change your reservation through Hertz.com to go Airport>Local. This does not change the booking number and keeps the extra miles intact. Changing a reservation to go local>airport or local>local does change the number and doesn't post the extra miles.
sanmandude likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:45 am

You can, however, book on UA.com from airport-airport and then change your reservation through Hertz.com to go Airport>Local. This does not change the booking number and keeps the extra miles intact. Changing a reservation to go local>airport or local>local does change the number and doesn't post the extra miles.
Interesting & very useful piece of information. Thank you.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

I recall not being able to change it from Airport to local. I just tested it now as I have some reservations to book, and it changed the confirmation number when I did the edit on Hertz.com. At least in the past, I recall once the confirmation number was changed, I did not get the 1500 bonus points for a United.com reservation.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I experienced the problem noted above where the PC code is somehow deleted from the record and the 1500 miles don't post. Neither UA nor Hertz cared to do anything about it.

I checked 3 future reservations and one of them had the same problem.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Extended to July 31st now. The neverending 305023 PC code lives on!
BThumme likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Extended to July 31st now. The neverending 305023 PC code lives on!
This is for the net 2750 miles, right? (Not the 3000 extra miles 'summer' bonus, which I think had no promotional code? I had trouble figuring out what was happening with that.)
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the promo works with one-way rentals from florida to more northern states (even ATL qualifies as being sufficiently north).

the major car rental companies generally waive one-way rental fees and offer discounted rates (around $9/day) to get cars out of florida after the winter. great for snowbirds!
tstauck likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.