Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thefiverivers
Online under manage reservation, it just shows a bunch of dashes for “miles earned this trip, PQM, PQS, PQD.” Anyone experience this?
Happens all the time, especially when a reservation gets changed in IRROPS or is otherwise out of sync. Don't worry about it until after travel.

Note that changes that you initiate under a waiver are generally considered voluntary and not eligible for Original Routing Credit.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Originally Posted by jsloan
Happens all the time, especially when a reservation gets changed in IRROPS or is otherwise out of sync. Don't worry about it until after travel.

Note that changes that you initiate under a waiver are generally considered voluntary and not eligible for Original Routing Credit.
Good to know, didn’t even think about ORC. Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Another instance where UA is shorting my PQDs. On the original ticket $1900 taxes paid $190 and $1700 paid for the fare.
Flights IAD-MUC-FRA-RUH booked into S credited properly.
My return flight was also booked into S and I supposed to get $800 putting me at exactly $11K PQD after this trip.
Last night I've changed my return. Same flights just different dates (3 days later).
Now my RUH-FRA-IAD flights are booked under V.
When I got confirmation email about my changes, I saw that for the return leg they want to give me just $590. But it still shows that total fare paid is $1700 and taxes $190.
Why do they do it? This is 3rd time that it's happening to me with UA after switching return dates. Last time I caught it right away and sent UA email. They've fixed it. But I'm not planning on sending them emails every time I make a change (and give them additional $300) to my flights.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Why do they do it? This is 3rd time that it's happening to me with UA after switching return dates. Last time I caught it right away and sent UA email. They've fixed it. But I'm not planning on sending them emails every time I make a change (and give them additional $300) to my flights.
Because their system is notoriously poor. It's not something they're "doing;" it's just broken.

If the fare doesn't credit properly, you'll need to write in to get it fixed, whether you're planning to do that or not. Sometimes, it'll credit improperly even if there are no changes; same thing; you need to write in if you want proper credit. Your alternative is to fly a different airline, I guess, because it doesn't look like UA is spending a lot of time trying to fix this -- it's been happening since they introduced PQDs.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Last night I bought another ticket on UA. Again S and V booking class. IAD-ZRH-DXB RUH-FRA-IAD and the application is showing proper number of PQMs and PQDs, but the email with reservation shows half PQMs and PQDs. Before Xmass I should end up first time as 1K, and most likely not going to go for it next year. I wont spend $15k a year on them. This year was just ~$13k, and I don't see spending more on flights.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Another instance where UA is shorting my PQDs. .....
Last night I bought another ticket on UA. Again S and V booking class. IAD-ZRH-DXB RUH-FRA-IAD and the application is showing proper number of PQMs and PQDs, but the email with reservation shows half PQMs and PQDs. ....
As others have explained, the reporting of PQDs and PQMs on the receipt is at times faulty and especially after changes. However, the posting is usually very accurate (except in irrops and the number of segments changes). For planning purposed used the "The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals:" number from the ereceipt.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 21, 2019 at 5:14 pm
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As others have explained, the reporting of PQDs and PQMs on the receipt is at times faulty and especially after changes. However, the posting is very actual (except in irrops and the number of segments changes). For planning purposed used the "The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals:" number from the ereceipt.
That's not the case with me. I actually got PQD and PQMs that were incorrectly displayed on my itinerary in email. I had to send them screenshot from the app (which I took before the flight). After that UA CS rep posted proper PQDs and Ms. After that I went to all my fights with UA this year and created spreadsheet with PQDs and Ms. I found missing $800 and couple of K miles. United fixed it after I've sent another email.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
That's not the case with me. I actually got PQD and PQMs that were incorrectly displayed on my itinerary in email. I had to send them screenshot from the app (which I took before the flight). After that UA CS rep posted proper PQDs and Ms. After that I went to all my fights with UA this year and created spreadsheet with PQDs and Ms. I found missing $800 and couple of K miles. United fixed it after I've sent another email.
Did any of the changes involve adding or deleting segments?
Did the actually flown itin had more or less the number of segments than the booked trip?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I just booked a multi city biz trip YYZ-NRT-GRR. I only booked this to remake 1K for next year. Nothing fancy, 5 total segments, all on UA metal.

However, for the first time for me, I don't see any accruals tab in my email receipts and online, it just shows dashes (-) where the accruals should normally be. Is there anything I need to double check? If there might be a problem, I need to get this looked at within 24 hours.

I saw some similar posts above but there were accruals in their receipts.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
....However, for the first time for me, I don't see any accruals tab in my email receipts and online, it just shows dashes (-) where the accruals should normally be. Is there anything I need to double check? ....
This happens from time to time to some, does not appear to be systematic of any issue with the reservation. Miles seem to post correctly.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

For me all the same segments. Nothing added nor removed. The same segments, same flight numbers just 4 days later.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Now that I look at it, I see that it says PQD is 3917, but here's what I see as far as the receipt. Why the discrepancy between the two? Which one is correct? Should I expect 4275 PQD or 3917 PQD? This is an international ticket booked on 016 ticket stock, 2 segments in Z on UA and 3 segments in P on AC, if that matters. I'm really close to the 1K PQD requirement this year, so every few hundred dollars helps! ^

I'm in a similar situation, on a US-HKG/PEK-US ticket (although sadly no premium cabin). The airfare shows $1918, but the PQD on the receipt shows $1744. I think at least one leg (to HK) has a YQ surcharge, but that should count anyway.

Does it matter? Hell yeah, as the PQD on the receipt would put me $33 short of 1K, but the airfare converted to PQD would put me over $12k.

Is there any way I can gain some confidence I won't need to book a day flight between mid-December and the end of the year?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by drewguy
I'm in a similar situation, on a US-HKG/PEK-US ticket (although sadly no premium cabin). The airfare shows $1918, but the PQD on the receipt shows $1744. I think at least one leg (to HK) has a YQ surcharge, but that should count anyway.

Does it matter? Hell yeah, as the PQD on the receipt would put me $33 short of 1K, but the airfare converted to PQD would put me over $12k.

Is there any way I can gain some confidence I won't need to book a day flight between mid-December and the end of the year?
The total airfare on the receipt is the correct amount. The vast majority of the time this will also equal the PQD which actually posts (irrespective of the receipt), but you can have it fixed if this is not the case.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Once nearly a somebody, now a nobody with United and Marriott
50% PQM intra-asia?

I fly DEN -> NRT -> BKK ->NRT ->DEN a couple times a year and see PQM accumulation of 5788, 2887, 2887, 5788

Next year I'm trying a slight change DEN -> NRT -> BKK -> HND (stop over day with bus ride to NRT) -> DEN. On my Eticket Itinerary email I see PQM of 5788, 1444, 1425, 5788. The intra-asia ANA flight segments accumulate half. I'm a general member. The ticket class is R, K, and K -- 016xxx ticket numbers purchased on the same PNR.

I've never seen the 50% PQM and don't know if its a 2019 thing, or an aspect of my routing to Haneda. I suspect I haven't been paying attention to program changes and need a pointer to one of the wiki topics ... TIA.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesCasually
The intra-asia ANA flight segments accumulate half. I'm a general member. The ticket class is R, K, and K -- 016xxx ticket numbers purchased on the same PNR.
It's likely confused. NH K class earns 100% PQM on TYO-BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.