Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:39 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Has anyone ever had it where there is a schedule change, but you don't get the message to confirm it? That is, when you look at your itinerary it's just different?

My wife and her mother are taking a trip to Europe on separate PNR's (different origin city). There was a schedule change on the return TATL. On my MILs itinerary, it asked to confirm/accept the change (haven't done so yet), but on my wife's itinerary the change was automatically made and she wasn't asked to accept/confirm it.

Oh: And on a funny note, my wife's changed itinerary shows one of her TATL flights being on an A320.
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
If you wait long enough they will confirm it automatically. Had it happen to me, where they would generate an automatic call -- go to .bomb and it would be changed.
I have the same thing. Wife/daughter on one PNR, me on another--completely changed routing last weekend (now going through IAH instead of SFO). Both PNRs moved to the same flights. Right away (the morning after the schedule changed--last Saturday), theirs shows up in red, asking to confirm...Mine is showing like I confirmed it.

Still haven't called yet, as I really need to sit down and explore all of our routing options, because what they put us on simply does not work. (Adds 3 hours of travel time, and downgraded to Y on the ORD-IAH segments--all three of us).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I have always been able to manipulate my bookings to my liking with schedule changes. I'm batting 1.000 . The 'ol call, hang up, call, hang up...over several days until I get an agent willing to book it. I'm never asking for significant differences. Mostly equal flights, though several times I've been able to change my airport (and into what was likely a higher fare). I've also twice been booked award space on Christmas Day direct, and had the flights changed to connecting. Both times I was able to change my flights back to direct on the 26th, with no additional mileage needed (and on flights that were originally not available at saver levels).
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Stealth Schedule Changes w/r/t Aircraft Swaps

Remember to check and double check every aspect of your itinerary

My Thanksgiving weekend trip had 2 of the 4 flights swap aircraft from a 737-8 to a 737-7 and a 737-8 to an A320 respectively and with all the "quirkiness" with United's website, I only caught it by accident as there was no red schedule change notification as the flight times and flight numbers all remained the same-

And it's a good thing I caught it as with the ability to view seat assignments now removed from the view itinerary page and only visibly on the "print itinerary" page or by clicking to view your seat assignments on the seat maps, my seat assignments had changed (and where I'm riding in the back on a Saver Y award, I want the least discomfort possible )
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
In an effort to get awards redeposited, I have now changed my flights to include a couple of stopovers.

AMS-IAH-DEN-SFO... for next April... hoping just one of those has a schedule change and I can redeposit for free...

Just asking for the good vibes!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by goalie
only visibly on the "print itinerary" page or by clicking to view your seat assignments on the seat maps
I discovered this yeterday. Truly annoying.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
016 paid ticket, UA+ANA, via LAX (i.e. transferring T7 to TBIT)

Originally had a 2hr 45" hour layover, the UA flight was moved 40" earlier, and I now have a 3hr 30" layover. (The alternative is 1hr 40" layover, but I wanted time to enjoy the lounge, plus I'm not sure how long the walk will take in LAX.)

The new departure time seems a little too early for me (getting up early when travelling west isn't such fun), but I'm not sure what alternative options they'd let me take. A UA operated direct flight on SFO-NRT would be nice, have people been able to get that in the past with what is a fairly minor schedule change? (The prices via LAX were considerably cheaper which is the main reason I went for that routing.)

Also, is it possible to get fixes done at the airport, i.e. is there a ticketing desk I can go to? Call me old fashioned, but I much prefer fixing things in person rather than over the phone.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by televisor
...Also, is it possible to get fixes done at the airport, i.e. is there a ticketing desk I can go to? Call me old fashioned, but I much prefer fixing things in person rather than over the phone.
Airport agents with handle irrops change but asking for a re-route due to a past schedule change is not likely to get an enthusiasm response.

This is not a slam drunk with a phone agent either. reroute on 30 minute change, but does not hurt to try. Best ot do this before you accept the change (best) or relative soon afterwards. The longer you wait the lower the chances of success.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Remember to check and double check every aspect of your itinerary

My Thanksgiving weekend trip had 2 of the 4 flights swap aircraft from a 737-8 to a 737-7 and a 737-8 to an A320 respectively and with all the "quirkiness" with United's website, I only caught it by accident as there was no red schedule change notification as the flight times and flight numbers all remained the same-

And it's a good thing I caught it as with the ability to view seat assignments now removed from the view itinerary page and only visibly on the "print itinerary" page or by clicking to view your seat assignments on the seat maps, my seat assignments had changed (and where I'm riding in the back on a Saver Y award, I want the least discomfort possible )
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I discovered this yeterday. Truly annoying.
Seems to be back now.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Updated Sched change option online

Looks like schedule changes have an updated look. While they still don't provide the original flight times, there is now a button to push if you don't accept the change. Here is all the verbiage:

Your itinerary has changed

There has been a schedule change. Please review the changes in red in Flight Details below.
If you accept the changes, please select "Accept New Schedule" and your reservation will be automatically updated.
If the changes won't work for you, please select "Don't Accept New Schedule" as we have options for you:
If you booked directly with United, please contact our United Customer Contact Center and we'll be happy to provide further assistance, as other flight options may be available.
If you booked with travel agency or through a website other than United, please contact that source for further information.
Visit our Schedule Change page to learn more about our policy.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your business.

Mind you ... selecting "don't accept" does not seem to bring you to a new options page. Rather, it links you to a general page about schedule changes:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...le-change.aspx

The page seems to be a bit more liberal with regard to schedule changes. It looks like the two hour rule is still in effect for refunds. But there is no time stamp on selecting a new routing.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
This same message displayed last Saturday for my SFO-DEN 9:45am departure that was taken out of the schedule completely. The offered option was a flight about one hour earlier. I called and was easily accommodated on the flight leaving at 11:11am instead.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Baby steps, so it's a minor improvement.

Good to see Oscar making United great again.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Had my return flight LHR-EWR in mid-December downgauged to a 752. It's the last flight out (the 6PM flight)....wanted to get most of a full day in London, but really don't want to get unlucky with one of those Goose Bay refuels. Accepted the change and will hope for the best...
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by zrs70
Looks like schedule changes have an updated look. While they still don't provide the original flight times, there is now a button to push if you don't accept the change. Here is all the verbiage:

Your itinerary has changed

There has been a schedule change. Please review the changes in red in Flight Details below.
If you accept the changes, please select "Accept New Schedule" and your reservation will be automatically updated.
If the changes won't work for you, please select "Don't Accept New Schedule" as we have options for you:
If you booked directly with United, please contact our United Customer Contact Center and we'll be happy to provide further assistance, as other flight options may be available.
If you booked with travel agency or through a website other than United, please contact that source for further information.
Visit our Schedule Change page to learn more about our policy.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your business.

Mind you ... selecting "don't accept" does not seem to bring you to a new options page. Rather, it links you to a general page about schedule changes:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...le-change.aspx

The page seems to be a bit more liberal with regard to schedule changes. It looks like the two hour rule is still in effect for refunds. But there is no time stamp on selecting a new routing.
I had the same message on my ugly (n.b. ugly) schedule change for Thanksgiving night and I was going to call in anyway but I wanted to see what the button did so right after I clicked the "don't accept" button, the website errored out .
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I had the same message on my ugly (n.b. ugly) schedule change for Thanksgiving night and I was going to call in anyway but I wanted to see what the button did so right after I clicked the "don't accept" button, the website errored out .
In my case, hitting the "don't accept" button brought me to the information page on "Schedule Changes." So I guess that it's up to me to figure out the better changes that I'd prefer over the auto-rebook and do them over the phone, as usual.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
So, I have a one-way West to East Coast flight in the fall that has been changed to leave and arrive 70 minutes later. It's actually significant to me because I will be arriving at 10:25 pm rather than 9:15 pm; my arrival was already on the late side because based on experience I don't like arriving late on a trip to the East Coast. It's hard to settle down and attempt to get on East Coast time, and the effects end up lasting the whole trip (for me anyway).

I have an alternative travel plan that will ultimately take me to the same place, and I'd like to simply get a refund to implement it. (The new ticket I'd buy is to a different East Coast city, and I sense that asking directly to change my current tik to my preferred new route with a different city would not be well received.)

Is seeking a refund too cheeky to even ask???

Last edited by sfolawyer; Jul 16, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.