Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ndhapple
the online timetable shows the morning flight still exists, albeit with a different flight number. Simple solution, call UA and asked to get put back on it right? However, when I tried to pull up the city-pair on (dot)bomb, it only shows the night flight (departing 9pm-ish) with no morning flight listed.
The online timetable is not updated in real time. You will have to connect, or fly into a nearby airport and drive.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:15 am

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by sbm12
Who said anything about a stopover??
lol

You need to understand "often1 speek".

Though he posts correct information, he is ALWAYS a bit pedantic on splitting the contractual obligation of the airline from any possible customer service responses.

Thus his stop-over point was simply to clarify the CoC issue.

You are correct that they might well rebook as the OP prefers,. Often1 is correct that w/o a stopover they have no obligation to do such.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
So it looks like the PDX-IAD morning flight has been reduced to 3x-4x weekly and PDX-ORD and PDX-DEN morning flights have been reduced as well.

PDX-SFO seems like it took some cuts for the winter schedule as well.

My options are now limited to a red-eye (losing a day in Europe) or a double connection by leaving at 6am.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [2015]

Late May early June UA837 SFO-NRT is now 11:40 v prior 11:15

The real change is NRT-SIN now shows downguage to a 789. :TD: from PMUA 777 (best Y) to 787 (worst). And I like the UAUA transpac crews too.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The real change is NRT-SIN now shows downguage to a 789. :TD: from PMUA 777 (best Y) to 787 (worst). And I like the UAUA transpac crews too.
Matter of opinion @:-) I'd sit in 787 coach over 747 coach any day of the week.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by rmlanman
Do you want to fly via SFO simply for the miles?

There are definitely people on FT that are smarter than me on this, but you may be able to fly the direct route but request original routing credit for this. I know this is the case in IRROPS, but I have no idea if it applies for a schedule change that is well in advance.

FT geniuses?
Since it was originally a 1-stop on the same flight number, ORC is the direct mileage.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Matter of opinion @:-) I'd sit in 787 coach over 747 coach any day of the week.
They are switching out the 777 not the 747.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 27, 2015 at 1:13 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:33 pm

What is a summary of United's policy on schedule changes?

Their contract of carriage basically says they can do whatever they want to do - change your transportation options, ground transport to other airports, apply your amount to future travel, or give a refund. But they don't guarantee anything from what I see.

I read the first few pages and last few pages of this thread - sorry for not reading all 47 pages to find this simple answer.

Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alchemista

Their contract of carriage basically says they can do whatever they want to do - change your transportation options, ground transport to other airports, apply your amount to future travel, or give a refund. But they don't guarantee anything from what I see.

I read the first few pages and last few pages of this thread - sorry for not reading all 47 pages to find this simple answer.

Thanks
There is no simple answer. If there was, we wouldn't need a 47 page thread on this topic.

Many variables come into play, and those who negotiate well can often get what they want following a sked change. Others, not so much.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by alchemista

Thanks
Official policy? If the schedule change is big enough or creates illegal connections, they'll try to rebook you on something convenient for them, or you can get your money back. Effective policy? If you ask for something semi-reasonable, politely, there's a good chance you'll get it.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
An anecdote in favor of the ask-nicely strategy: UA changed a DCA-IAH flight in March from a 738 to an E175 and moved it from 7 a.m. to 6:50 a.m. I called and asked if I could switch to the 7:30 a.m. flight on a 738 (which I'd passed on when it had been an 8 a.m. departure that cost $100 or $200 extra), and the agent said he was happy to make the change at no cost. Even though this 7:30 a.m. flight was only showing $600-ish fares.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
They are switching out the 777 not the 747.
It appears that your reply has been edited, so not sure what the original answer was, but yes, I'm aware of that.

My reply was to comment on the fact that IMHO 787 is NOT the most uncomfortable seat, but 747 is. In Biz, they are both great.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by DCA writer
An anecdote in favor of the ask-nicely strategy: UA changed a DCA-IAH flight in March from a 738 to an E175 and moved it from 7 a.m. to 6:50 a.m. I called and asked if I could switch to the 7:30 a.m. flight on a 738 (which I'd passed on when it had been an 8 a.m. departure that cost $100 or $200 extra), and the agent said he was happy to make the change at no cost. Even though this 7:30 a.m. flight was only showing $600-ish fares.
Probably didn't hurt that the E175 would involve a change in operating carrier...from United to UAX...which is a pretty big deal on a schedule change.

Glad it worked out for you. ^
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: All of them, Katie
Hi all. I was booked on an award UA3990-UA3952 on 3/21 PIA-ORD-ROA, which were early morning flights getting me to my destination before 10am. United schedule changed me to the afternoon flights, even though the morning flights are still there with a legal connection in ORD (1:05). Also, even though it is on the timetable, UA3952 has no seats available for sale with miles or money anymore. Can anyone tell me what is going on with UA3952, and if it is still flying, what I can do to get my seat back that I originally had on that flight? I haven't called UA yet due to the weather-related hold times right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.