Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
If in C, sure, but not so certain the Y experience in a 788 is superior to Y in a 763. Narrower seats on the 788, and no window-aisle pairs.

I understand the attraction to higher cabin pressurization, but that attraction hasn't translated to a real benefit the three times I've taken long flight on them (788s).
sorry, yes, flight is in C. I hate the PMUA C-cabin
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
Same here.

Last Tuesday booked flights for July. Specifically selected a routing that put us on the Dreamliner (in C). Except that now it's a crappy 767. Deep joy

Not to mention that the fare works out at £250 a head less if I was booking it today and selecting the 767. Even deeper joy.....
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by RossUK666
Same here.

Last Tuesday booked flights for July. Specifically selected a routing that put us on the Dreamliner (in C). Except that now it's a crappy 767. Deep joy

Not to mention that the fare works out at £250 a head less if I was booking it today and selecting the 767. Even deeper joy.....
When changing gauge was there a change in schedule?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zrs70
When changing gauge was there a change in schedule?
for me it only changed by 15 minutes ... no way to change flights
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
for me it only changed by 15 minutes ... no way to change flights
Why not? My personal best is getting changed to a flight that left three hours later on the YVR-ORD run based on a two minute schedule change to my original flight.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)

I think I remember a thread last year where they were allowing free changes when this occurred - I could be wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to call the US CS line and ask.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I disagree with the hate comment as the sUA C seat is superior in my mind. But, recently I was booked on a 787 and they swapped it to a 757, I was able to get a full refund because I used the, "i wanted to fly the 787". You can try it.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I disagree with the hate comment as the sUA C seat is superior in my mind. But, recently I was booked on a 787 and they swapped it to a 757, I was able to get a full refund because I used the, "i wanted to fly the 787". You can try it.
Has anyone had a similar experience with rescheduling that downguaged UA's other new and improved aircraft, the E175?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I can't take a refund ... the fare is no longer available. Reroute is not really an option either for me and the earlier flight is a crap product as well.

Originally Posted by transportprof
Why not? My personal best is getting changed to a flight that left three hours later on the YVR-ORD run based on a two minute schedule change to my original flight.
It's a connection in EWR which went from 2h15 to 2h00 ... same departure time ... not much I can argue here

Has anyone had a similar experience with rescheduling that downguaged UA's other new and improved aircraft, the E175?
That you can always change or refund in full. Change to UAX allows that.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yup! Always, call and get it changed.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I've been very successful in being able to cancel (but not always refund) a flight for a time change under two hours - and yes, even 15 minutes.

If you call UA and tell them the new schedule just doesn't work - or you tell them you really wanted the 787, they may allow you to use the value toward a future flight.

If they do (and they are not obligated to), take the value and apply it toward to trip (the one that is now $250 less). You will get the residual as a voucher.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:27 am

Update - 787 downgrade to 767

I phoned the BF line in the UK to express my disappointment with the schedule change.

After giving her my details, the very pleasant woman on the phone stated "Oh yes. I see there's been a change of departure time". This was the part where I pointed out that it wasn't simply a timing change, they'd swapped equipment and I'd particularly booked this itinerary to fly the Dreamliner.

She put me on hold for what seemed an eternity but returned with an offer to re-route us from LAS to IAH so we can fly the 787 to LHR from there. When I enquired what the fare difference would be I was told "No charge because it's a schedule change". I accepted the offer with alacrity

Credit where it's due to United, it was a better outcome than I was expecting.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: UA GS

Credit where it's due to United, it was a better outcome than I was expecting.
And maybe some credit to the helping hands here on FT.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
And maybe some credit to the helping hands here on FT.
Whilst I have always found FT to be an excellent source of information - and I appreciate the feedback on this thread - I was always going to call reservations about the change, just as soon as the London office opened on Monday morning.

I've had schedule changes before where I've successfully requested they move me to a more convenient flight. In this instance I was intending to ask to be moved to an earlier flight and see if they would give a travel credit for the reduced fare. I wasn't expecting to be redirected via IAH (instead of EWR) and onto another 787 that only had availability in J (J9, JN9, C0, D0, Z0, P0) when we are travelling on a P ticket. I felt that that was an excellent outcome, one that even this thread hadn't prepared me for
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Had a weird one this week.

Revenue TPAC trip coming up in a couple weeks showed the red message but no actual changes shown in red on the itinerary.

I went line-by-line and everything looked the same. Flight numbers, departure/arrival times, equipment, etc.

Upon phoning reservations, they put me on hold for awhile to research. Stated that it was the Cathay Pacific segment that caused the message, but the flight is confirmed with no changes.
I went ahead and acknowledged the changes on line. Itinerary looks OK on United.com and on a fresh receipt pull.

Anyone else every have this type of issue? Any reason to be concerned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.