Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I could have done it the other way: Delta reticketing to United. Thanks for confirming this is a lost cause. I will refund and go Airporter bus to Union Station followed by train south. Car is parked at work within walking distance of an Amtrak station in San Diego County
Hopefully that actually saves you money/time at the San Diego end!

Safe travels,

Doc
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I could have done it the other way: Delta reticketing to United.
You sure about that?

On day of travel I would not be surprised but I'd bet DL holds to a similar set of rules with advance schedule changes and OAL versus DL/SkyTeam rebookings.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The agent is correct - because it's a schedule change and not an IRROP, they can only rebook you on another UA flight because they still serve the market. If they pulled out of LAX-SAN, then you can demand the ticket being pushed to another airline.

Same day IRROP is a different set of rules.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:03 am

A one-way compact LAX to a SAN HLE at Hertz.co.uk w/ AMEXPLAT 211762 code on Jun 2nd is $43 all-in. Assuming 2PM leaving LAX Hertz lot, you should be at a north county Hertz Local Edition before 4PM. 2PM Tuesday traffic will be fine.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:11 am

policy for involuntary changes on united?

Guys,

I would like to know what is the policy on united for involuntary changes. If they change your flight do you have right for change your ticket for another dates, lets says 2 months later?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by EZETravel
Guys,

I would like to know what is the policy on united for involuntary changes. If they change your flight do you have right for change your ticket for another dates, lets says 2 months later?

Thanks!
It all depends on how significant the changes are. In some cases they will owe you no favors. It never hurts to ask nicely though.
Old May 14, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Saver Award ticket booked months ago BOS-SFO with a 62 minute connection at ORD. UA schedule change turned it into a 52 minute connection at LAX instead of ORD, and arriving at SFO at 12:10am vs. 11:00pm. No saver award inventory is available at all on that day, but many in standard award including on non-stop flights. I haven't yet accepted the schedule change. How likely is it that UA will agree to change to another flight at saver rates including a non-stop? All of the connecting flights tend to have short connection times, long flights on barbie jets, or other issues.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by hughw
Saver Award ticket booked months ago BOS-SFO with a 62 minute connection at ORD. UA schedule change turned it into a 52 minute connection at LAX instead of ORD, and arriving at SFO at 12:10am vs. 11:00pm. No saver award inventory is available at all on that day, but many in standard award including on non-stop flights. I haven't yet accepted the schedule change. How likely is it that UA will agree to change to another flight at saver rates including a non-stop? All of the connecting flights tend to have short connection times, long flights on barbie jets, or other issues.
Under these circumstances, UA will make a saver award available to you. You will probably be able to choose any flight operated by UA, including a non-stop. Before you phone UA, decide what flight you prefer and what your second choice would be if your first choice is not available.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:47 am

could probably get JFK-SFO too, for the flat bed
Old May 14, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
FWIW, I saw that my DEN-EWR flight in a couple months had been moved earlier. The text on the website says you can change if you'll miss a connecting flight, but I called in and got pushed back to a later flight, w/redeemed mileage award into F, with zero problems or questions (I just wanted to get a couple extra hours in town).

Tried to do something similar for EWR-SEA today (it said there was a schedule change but nothing was highlighted at all - so kind of cheeky, I suppose), but said I'd have to pay the fare difference of going from L to Q (I wanted to fly earlier because the early flight has R1 and I'm waitlisted on the later flight)...so no luck there. Feel like it depends on the agent wrt how amenable they are with changes.

Last edited by PsiFighter37; May 14, 2015 at 12:44 pm
Old May 14, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

Feel like it depends on the agent wrt how amenable they are with changes.
+1 on the agent making all the difference. I had a 4 minute change on an itinerary next month, which I parlayed into a four hour later departure change so that I could stay on for a memorial service for a co-worker. The agent was completely helpful and respectful as soon as I said the words 'memorial service'.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: hilton diamond, united 1k, priority
Yesterday the agent was able to take my Maui flight with a long layover in SFO to a direct. Leaving an hour later and arriving 8 hrs sooner! Only issue was some changes made 4/15 and now 2 members of the part will pay for bags and we lost all but 2 economy plus seats. Still worth it.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: UAL Silver Hilton Diamond Hyatt Plat
My results

Originally Posted by MTJTraveller
I have a business saver reward ticket with the following routing:
GJT-DEN-ORD on a Tuesday
ORD-FRA-VCE on following day. My original DEN-ORD has changed from a 10:40pm arrival to an 11:30pm. I fly thru ORD because I join my mom there for the rest of the trip.

I am statusless. 😞
My questions are:
1) would UAL change my flight to an earlier one? Without change fee?
2) if no saver space is showing but standard is, would they still reaccommodate me due to the schedule change?
3) if not should I keep watching for saver space available before calling and not accept the change on the website?

I know 50 minutes isn't much but at that time of night it sure is. Just wanted to know what's allowed before I make any calls. Thanks in advance?

Follow up on results: I waited until Award inventory was available on a flight I desired. saver Coach was available though I gave up my saver 1st seat from DEN to ORD. I'm wait listed for I.

I had to HUCA once and then had the most helpful agent secure my alternate flight, arriving at 6pm rather than 11:30pm. My concern about ground transportation rang true to him. I'm very happy. Thanks to Moderator and others for helpful suggestions and to this thread.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
I am booked in Oct BWI-LAX-LAS-ORD-IAH...FRA

Schedule change on LAS-ORD, so LAX-LAS-ORD is not longer possible. I figured best option is to skip LAS, lose 300mi and do BWI-LAX-ORD-IAH...FRA

Called 1K desk, told I couldn't do this because it had to follow original routing. Problem is probably that this is BWI-LAS/LAS-FRA fares. But I'm surprised they don't waive routing to accomodate impossible connections. They tell me my only option is to skip ORD, so BWI-LAX-LAS-IAH... so I lose 1200mi+.

Sucks even more since upgrade cleared LAX-ORD-IAH already.

I'm going to wait a couple more months to see if there are any more schedule changes, hopefully with something that may work more favorably for me.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by wh6cto
I am booked in Oct BWI-LAX-LAS-ORD-IAH...FRA

Schedule change on LAS-ORD, so LAX-LAS-ORD is not longer possible. I figured best option is to skip LAS, lose 300mi and do BWI-LAX-ORD-IAH...FRA

Called 1K desk, told I couldn't do this because it had to follow original routing. Problem is probably that this is BWI-LAS/LAS-FRA fares. But I'm surprised they don't waive routing to accomodate impossible connections. They tell me my only option is to skip ORD, so BWI-LAX-LAS-IAH... so I lose 1200mi+.

Sucks even more since upgrade cleared LAX-ORD-IAH already.

I'm going to wait a couple more months to see if there are any more schedule changes, hopefully with something that may work more favorably for me.

Did you accept that?

I would have left it alone, and seen what the back office schedule change gremlins do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.