Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.For Flights with Star Alliance™ member airlines and other parter airlines, it may take up to 7 days for miles and Premier qualifying credit to show up in your account. For flights on Virgin Australia, it may take up to 14 days.

If your account isn't updated after 7 or 14 days, depending on the airline, submit a request. Additional documents may be required to complete your request.

How to fill out the request form for ANA, Azul, Eurowings, and JSX:
  • For ANA-operated flights within Japan that do not have a ticket number, enter "2050000000000" in the ticket number field.
  • For Azul-operated flights within the Brazil that do not have a ticket number, enter "5770000000000" in the ticket number field.
  • For Eurowings-operated flights within Europe that do not have a ticket number, enter "1040000000000" in the ticket number field.
  • For JSX operated flights that do not have a ticket number, enter "5690000000000" in the ticket number field.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caseminole
It dawned on me the last 2 digits werent technically part of the ticket # - used the first 13 digits and it worked fine
Ah, yep, that's it exactly. They added the coupon numbers to the ticket number.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Missing miles - when is the system updated?

I recently spoke to an agent for some missing miles i couldnt add to the system online (was giving errors)

He added the transactions, verified the ticket # was correct (Avianca) , and said wait for a couple days

Its now been almost a week

Is there an acceptable time period to wait for miles to post - i.e., miles where i spoke to an agent and had them manually add to the MP system?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by caseminole

Is there an acceptable time period to wait for miles to post - i.e., miles where i spoke to an agent and had them manually add to the MP system?
For a partner flight, you need to wait a week and then use Requesting Credit to your MileagePlus® Account | United Airlines

Note the operating airline needs to confirm / agree to the mileage earnings.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 9, 2024 at 10:36 am Reason: The operating airline ...
Old Jan 9, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
For a partner flight, you need to wait a week and then use Requesting Credit to your MileagePlus® Account | United Airlines

Note the operating airline needs to confirm / agree to the mileage earnings.
I couldnt add my MP# to the reservation , so no need to wait a week, nothing to wait "for" as United MP # not entered

I used the online form, but it wouldnt allow me to enter the connecting segment, only the first segment (bug)

MP service center rep took the information and said the points would post within 7 days and they havent
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:22 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Aer Lingus - DENIED

I'm trying to claim for an Aer Lingus flight I took on 4th January.
I tried to submit it yesterday, and again today, and both times I get the following message:

"Denied. We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Is this normal?
Any suggestions how to get my claim accepted?!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
I tried to submit it yesterday, and again today, and both times I get the following message:

"Denied. We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Is this normal?
What was the fare bucket for the flight?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:11 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Repooc17
What was the fare bucket for the flight?
it was an O fare on Aer Lingus ... which should apparently get me 50% miles

https://www.wheretocredit.com/aer-lingus/o
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
it was an O fare on Aer Lingus ... which should apparently get me 50% miles

https://www.wheretocredit.com/aer-lingus/o
Indeed. I would recommend sending an email note to MileagePlus, or start a chat on the app.
SPN Lifer and fartoomanyusers like this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K/*G & Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Air India - “Denied” message

Is this normal?
I got the above message when I tried to submit request for missing mileage from Air India SFO-DEL/BOM flights in PE N fare class which is supposed to post at 100% as per UA website. Flights were taken in December.

Interestingly, my domestic Air India flights posted within a couple of days.

Update: called 1kvoice and mileage plus agent was able to credit the miles manually based on the eticket number.
fartoomanyusers likes this.

Last edited by DrVC; Jan 26, 2024 at 8:33 pm
Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it a bad sign when you submit a request of 016 ticket with flight(s) solely operated by UA, and you are asked to add in more info - e.g. date, departure airport, arrival airport, travel date, passenger name?

Edit: yep, just got denied. United's system somehow thinks the missing credit request partner operated.

I knew it could have turned out this way when nothing got posted shortly after arrival...by the way, no changes to the ticket, and not a last minute purchase.

Sigh...will have to contact UA and speak to someone for manual review.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Yeah, something must be up with their IT. Recent flight not posting, and unable to preorder food in 5-day window before next flight (all high-$ TPACs)
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Flew IAD-SAN today and boarding pass showed my name when scanned at gate. After flight no mileage credit for me, but flying partner received credit. Also, the boarding pass disappeared from the app as did the earning info. Anyone experience this? I will ask UA for the mileage credit, but it's odd because all flights have posted recently usually right after landing and haven't had BP disappear from app right after landing.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:38 am

Programs: UA1K
Chiming in to add that I’m also having issues with flights not posting
Old Jan 29, 2024, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Same here. Yesterday’s flight posted as usual shortly after landing. Today’s flight is not posting, and the missing mileage form denies the request as well.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Flight finally posted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.