Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 GS Review Offer is live!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Also, I registered on Tuesday and site says Registration Date 1/15/15. Must have took a couple days to post request? I guess I will know in the next 10 days starting from 1/15/15 per the site...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
It looks like at least some of us will be receiving a GS challenge that runs from Feb 1 to May 2. I called MPSC for another issue and the agent (unprompted) asked if i'd received anything about the challenge yet. After some digging, she said it was for $15k of spend (unclear on PQD or all-in $) during that 90-day period. She also didn't know whether the status would be for the balance of 2015 or would run through the following year as well. She did say most challenges last through the following year, but wasn't sure on this one.

Last edited by ajhun9; Jan 16, 2015 at 10:08 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:32 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KevinPK1
Thanks for the honest feedback, Ari. Just disappointing after years of GS and solid activity, not even an email one way or the other. I did register for reconsideration and as stated above and on the registration page, "will be notified by email". I hope UA reconsiders me! Good luck to all others in the same boat.
Good luck to you! Reconsideration does work (for some) as evidenced by posts in this thread. Keep checking mystatus and keep your fingers crossed.

I understand the disappointment; sort of seems like a slap in the face after years of solid activity. Posts in other threads indicate that people are being dropped left and right this year also after years of solid activity, so something might be different this year. Either the bar really moved up or they are testing a different formula. They are alienating some long-time HVF/GS customers with their antics this year.

On the plus side, the GS program seems to be running pretty well for those who are in it.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by ajhun9
It looks like at least some of us will be receiving a GS challenge that runs from Feb 1 to May 2. I called MPSC for another issue and the agent (unprompted) asked if i'd received anything about the challenge yet. After some digging, she said it was for $15k of spend (unclear on PQD or all-in $) during that 90-day period. She also didn't know whether the status would be for the balance of 2015 or would run through the following year as well. She did say most challenges last through the following year, but wasn't sure on this one.
I hope they extend me this challenge... I will have $10,000 of that in February alone.

My guess is that they would not extend that through 2016... it would be good for this year only.... but my guess would also be that if spending $15,000 in those 90 days is possible, getting the rest of the way to re-qualification level won't be too difficult.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ari
Good luck to you! Reconsideration does work (for some) as evidenced by posts in this thread. Keep checking mystatus and keep your fingers crossed.

I understand the disappointment; sort of seems like a slap in the face after years of solid activity. Posts in other threads indicate that people are being dropped left and right this year also after years of solid activity, so something might be different this year. Either the bar really moved up or they are testing a different formula. They are alienating some long-time HVF/GS customers with their antics this year.

On the plus side, the GS program seems to be running pretty well for those who are in it.
Thanks! Disappointment, yes. At least the common courtesy of an email or something. GS program has treated me very well year after year. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:18 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Disappointment, yes. At least the common courtesy of an email or something. GS program has treated me very well year after year. Keeping my fingers crossed!
It seems like half of the people don't get the emails for some reason. I chalk that up to UA IT, not intentional discourtesy.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: 1K
My registration date was magically updated from Jan 3 to Jan 15
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Ari

Ive actually come around to believing that this year qualification IS quite a bit higher than previous years. My first time qualifying was less than 40k out of DEN. Several years later after a brief travel hiatus, it seems that out of the exact same market the number is somewhere north of 50k. That's a significant difference...
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:02 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the $15,000 / 90-day challenge emails have started to go out.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:05 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
I just received a challenge email an hour ago - $15K within 90 days starting February 1st.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: UA GS & 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club, Global Entry/Nexus
Got the challenge email too yesterday. Basically gives you GS until January 2016 if you make the cut between Feb 1 - May 2, so it is only good for the current year to answer someone's earlier question this. I will have ~$6K in PQD in January but apparently those dollars won't count per the email.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:27 am

Kicked to the curb after 5 years GS. Though I think I should have been reconsidered.... And they claim still in that process... 1K as of now for 2015 and no kit whatsoever... GS never communicated to me that they no longer have use for my $$$ and it sounds like the whole review process was a complete CF as well as getting out kits this year (and last year, and every year since merger). I never had an issue in the past (I guess since I was GS and they ensure those deliveries)... Sigh...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:14 pm

I have been GS for 5 straight years and even though I spent a ton on all premium cabin in 2014 and into 2015, and earned 1K in a 6 month span, I came up "short" for 2015 GS renewal threshold. Requested a reconsideration and they have not responded at all. And probably never will as I am of no value to them anymore - even though I continue to spend $$$$$ on premium cabin every week. This years process is a big disappointment. Sure they congratulated me for "earning" 1K... But they cannot even ship a kit out. I think UAL needs to re-evaluate how they treat their most loyal customers... I don't think they really get it. Sounds like AA does, or just do now to try and steal away UAL top flyers. Sounds like everyone on FT that has jumped shipped (status match) has had a much better experience with AA than UAL?

Last edited by KevinPK1; Jan 28, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I sincerely hope things change in the review process.

Kicked to the curb after 5 years GS. Though I think I should have been reconsidered.... And they claim still in that process... 1K as of now for 2015 and no kit whatsoever... GS never communicated to me that they no longer have use for my $$$ and it sounds like the whole review process was a complete CF as well as getting out kits this year (and last year, and every year since merger). I never had an issue in the past (I guess since I was GS and they ensure those deliveries)... Sigh...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by maxswanson
I got 15k GS challenge from Feb. 1 to May 2, 2015. But I have already booked the tickets in these three months. Most are W fare and used GPU upgrade. Some of them have been cleAred. It seems that I need to cancel the upgrade and re deposit these GPUs back. If I changed these W fare tickets to C/D/P fare, the fare difference I paid should be counted as PQD, right? Thanks!
Did you contact someone to receive the challenge? I sent a note to MPSC asking for a challenge but received a can response. I could easily do $15k in next couple of months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.