Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 GS Review Offer is live!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Did you contact someone to receive the challenge? I sent a note to MPSC asking for a challenge but received a can response. I could easily do $15k in next couple of months.
+1 .... Been denied 2 times in exactly your situation. What were your stats? I was ~$45,000 PQD on 101,000 BIS miles.... $0.44cpm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jjmoore
+1 .... Been denied 2 times in exactly your situation. What were your stats? I was ~$45,000 PQD on 101,000 BIS miles.... $0.44cpm
My numbers were a bit similar, a few more BIS miles (~160k) but the spend was near identical.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
OK. After not receiving any correspondence on GS renewal, or reconsideration request (GS gave me the denied, still in review bit two days ago). I emailed Mileage Plus unrelated regarding the fact that I received no credentials (kit) for 2015 as of yet. They responded back telling me that GS offered me a challenge on 1/13. Same as everyone else. $15K between 2/1 and 5/2. I wish started 1/1, as I have a pretty decent spend for Jan - about 40% of the required challenge spend. Hope I can meet the challenge! Good luck to all who have the same challenge ahead of them.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
I received this letter during my latest travels:

We’re always glad to hear from Premier 1K members like you. Thanks for writing.

I am unable to provide you with the actual e-mail you were sent from our Global Services team. Here is what was stated in the e-mail originally sent to you:

We can't thank you enough for your commitment to United® and MileagePlus® in 2013, and we hope you've enjoyed your Global ServicesSM experience.

After careful consideration of your account, we are sorry to say that we will not be extending you an invitation for Global Services in 2014.

Thank you for continuing to choose United. We appreciate the relationship we have with you and look forward to welcoming you on board.

Your Global Services team

Regards,

Notice anything amiss?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Is this one of those "spot the mistakes" games .....jeez....it really is getting bad.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I asked for a review, they cannot be bothered to reply, and quite frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damn any longer, I am not sucking up to them even though it would mean a jump in status. Pride and principles and all that.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Did you contact someone to receive the challenge? I sent a note to MPSC asking for a challenge but received a can response. I could easily do $15k in next couple of months.
I actually found out that I was offered the challenge when contacting MP on my 2015 Kit (or lack of it). They noted I was offered the challenge on 1/13 (the same day I registered for Reconsideration). Never received an email though they claimed I did. I mentioned this to GS in an email and they quickly responded that though I fell short of the "threshold", due to my 2MMiler status, they would offer me the challenge. So now I have some $$$$ending to do to hit that! My goal is to hit it and will even subsidize out of my own pocket...
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Is this one of those "spot the mistakes" games .....jeez....it really is getting bad.
LOL... I am sure they just copied and pasted it from some canned document which was probably not updated since last year.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:42 pm

How do I submit for reconsideration?

(Have been 1K for two years, last year had 215k PQM, but do not appear to qualify for GS.)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bsd107

(Have been 1K for two years, last year had 215k PQM, but do not appear to qualify for GS.)
I believe this is it:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB2M15
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by bsd107 View Post

Originally Posted by TexasTea
Thanks - but this isn't working for me, as it is the same offer code as in 2014, and I submitted this in January 2014. When I try to submit that offer code now (Feb 2015), it says I am already registered. I am sure it is not active, though, as I have not received any email response this year like I did last year.

Is there a new offer code for 2015 to trigger a review for Global Services?

Thanks,
Brad
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bsd107
... Is there a new offer code for 2015 to trigger a review for Global Services? ....
yes, http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB2M17
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
Upgrade Fees

Per the offer, "Purchase and fly at least US$15,000 (base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges) in flights operated by United® and United Express®;

. Taxes, charges and fees (other than carrier-imposed surcharges) do not count."

The way I read this, dollars spent on upgrading do not count toward the challenge. Can anyone confirm or refute this?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by twebst
Per the offer, "Purchase and fly at least US$15,000 (base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges) in flights operated by United® and United Express®;

. Taxes, charges and fees (other than carrier-imposed surcharges) do not count."

The way I read this, dollars spent on upgrading do not count toward the challenge. Can anyone confirm or refute this?
True, same rules as for PQD.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.