Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 GS Review Offer is live!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 727stretch
.... I can't believe they even offer this reconsideration thing. I think it's the first time ever. ...
This web request for GS consideration has been available for a couple of years.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 727stretch
GS "eligibility" doesn't necessarily go by qualifying miles, dollars or any of the typical criteria. Invites go to company decision makers, influencers and those in high-profile roles that travel in paid premium classes of service. We're talking VPs, CEOs, Corp Travel Mgrs, Partners in firms, politicians, etc. I can't believe they even offer this reconsideration thing. I think it's the first time ever. I worked at UA for 15 years and of all the years that GS was around, it was never something you could ask to be considered for. Maybe they'll offer GS as a paid option for more ancillary revenue!!! #sarcasm
125k pqm and around 20k pqd into UA/*A I think I'd be a great "up in the air" brand ambassador GS via social media etc .
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This web request for GS consideration has been available for a couple of years.
Do you have citations to support your statement?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:38 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JeffSmisekMustGo
Do you have citations to support your statement?

For one, here is last years link - 2014 link (notice the reference to Jan 15 {2014} )
As contrasted to 2015 link

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 5, 2015 at 2:02 am Reason: add 2015 link for comparison
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:03 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Ari
I'm not sure it is nice to inundate UA with frivolous requests in case they are manually reviewed.
I doubt this process will waste too much of anyone at UA's time, or I hope they have a sensible way of reviewing. I would hope that someone has basically created a sheet with the revenue/miles cut for any particular home city, and decided how far below the line they will consider people who didn't make the cut, absent other meaningful reasons to grant status. Anyone who files the application should automatically be judged against it, +/- some "manual" factors including corporate spending, VIP, etc.

If it were much more manual I'd be worried for UA's sake.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
180k PQM, $40K PQD - I am close, figured I would give it a shot.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:15 am

Submitted - 254 PQM, $75k+ PQD, 90% UA metal, GRU based -- am really surprised if I don't get it with these numbers. Been 1K for many years, but 2014 was a big travel year.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by PebbleBeach
That is closest I will get to GS.
+1; funny yet sad
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Just sent my request... hopefully my ~$40,000 PQD @ $0.42/BIS mile on UA metal will make the cut.

This would result in me upping a TPAC booking to J and booking another TATL in J vs. going with the cheapest ticket possible on any airline in J (which is not UA for the TATL).
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA-GS
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just sent my request... hopefully my ~$40,000 PQD @ $0.42/BIS mile on UA metal will make the cut.

This would result in me upping a TPAC booking to J and booking another TATL in J vs. going with the cheapest ticket possible on any airline in J (which is not UA for the TATL).
Is it better to register for this now or until Jan 12 to see if dont make it?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by ORD_forever
Not sure.... too late now... it was as easy as the click of a button, and I pulled the trigger.

Not sure how they evaluate, but I would hope they look at my bookings for the next month (already have $5,000 in base fare booked with another booking to come)... plenty more to come in Feb if I convert that TPAC to J.... GS would certainly prompt me to stick with this plan and book my future J class TATL plans on UA metal.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by joshds
Submitted - 254 PQM, $75k+ PQD, 90% UA metal, GRU based -- am really surprised if I don't get it with these numbers. Been 1K for many years, but 2014 was a big travel year.
Wow...if your profile did not automatically trigger GS qualification, I don't know what would...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by ORD_forever
I've been wondering the same thing.

I think my stats are pretty good. On the other hand, if there is a review / challenge, I'm flying out on 1/13 and I'd like that flight to count so I wouldn't want to wait too long.

Decisions, decisions.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Kber
I've been wondering the same thing.

I think my stats are pretty good. On the other hand, if there is a review / challenge, I'm flying out on 1/13 and I'd like that flight to count so I wouldn't want to wait too long.

Decisions, decisions.
Me likewise... I am flying again on Friday, then all week next week as well... would be good to have this during winter irrops!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
146K BIS miles, with about $20k PQD.

Being based out of IAH, don't think I have a shot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.