Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest flights in RJ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Looks like DL is taking UA's lead - Delta Connection service LAX-Texas (Austin, San Antonio, Dallas).

Edit: OK, so do you think UA eventually put 175s w/ real food on these routes (of course w/o WiFi, pillows & binkies)?

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 20, 2014 at 10:04 am
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Looks like DL is taking UA's lead - Delta Connection service LAX-Texas (Austin, San Antonio, Dallas).
a DL RJ-175 is a whole different animal than a CR700, particularly when it comes to the single lav layout CR7s that UA operates on these routes.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
a DL RJ-175 is a whole different animal than a CR700, particularly when it comes to the single lav layout CR7s that UA operates on these routes.
And of course, wifi, pillows & blankets, real food, etc...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Alaska, Southwest, Delta, United
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Plus - tiny OHBs and the new CR7s have wood planks for seats in Y.
Single worst seat ever made, including the Lufthansa Group slimline seats.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
I just booked with Mileage Plus YOW-CUN with AC on an E90, 4.5 hrs.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:44 pm
formerly bulgarianfreak55

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hertz Pres
I am flying LAX-MSP-LAX weekly on the CRJ700...really can't complain...pretty comfortable and boards and deboards super quick. I love the climb rate of the CRJ700s and how quickly they make it off the runway. I would prefer a EMB170 on this route, but the CRJ is OK with me. All I wish is that there was directv or some kind of TV streaming so I can watch football on Sunday nights :[
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
I just booked with Mileage Plus YOW-CUN with AC on an E90, 4.5 hrs.
I wouldn't even sweat that. Several airlines (US Airways for one) treat the E90 as a mainline aircraft. Plus, you'll get AVOD.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Edit: OK, so do you think UA eventually put 175s w/ real food on these routes (of course w/o WiFi, pillows & binkies)?
not sure. depends how busy they are deploying the 175s on EWR-DEN, SEA-ORD, etc.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Longest flights in RJ

About to fly YUL-IAH ERJ-170. Duration is 4:30, wow... 1590 miles.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by 1KHI
Yep, I saw that when I was booking my last trip to YUL. Sorry that you are on that flight, but the good news is that you were in YUL :-) The bad news is that you are flying UA period, let alone 4h30m on a RJ...welcome to the 'new' UA - it's regionalFriendly when Regional is transiting the whole of the height of the USA and crossing borders. Sad.

-jeremy
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Originally Posted by bulgarianfreak55
I am flying LAX-MSP-LAX weekly on the CRJ700...really can't complain...pretty comfortable and boards and deboards super quick. I love the climb rate of the CRJ700s and how quickly they make it off the runway. I would prefer a EMB170 on this route, but the CRJ is OK with me. All I wish is that there was directv or some kind of TV streaming so I can watch football on Sunday nights :[
While I admire the direct flight, I did the MSP- LAX- MSP last week, and was less than thrilled. I found the seats moderately to very uncomfortable, and I struggled to settle in. The single lav at the back is silly, especially since you can't wait to be next in line since there is zero room to do so. The FAs specifically asked that the passengers do NOT attempt to wait at the lav door, even though those in dire need did so anyway. The folks seated in the aft rows did not look happy at all about the situation.

Even though the flight was almost 4 hours (heading west from MSP- LAX), the flights were not stocked with any meals; only the snack boxes, which (if possible) have gotten even worse than before.

The one change I made on my return trip was to trade my E+ seat forward for an exit row seat, because the extra leg room over the usual E+ seats helped a bit.

My grade for the CRJ 700 Barbie Jets: D
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:25 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by 1KHI
Just like IAH-YYC by colleague took last week, while I took DFW-YYC in F on A319.

He loves Rondele cheese though.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: Alaska, Southwest, Delta, United
Originally Posted by MPsince1984
While I admire the direct flight, I did the MSP- LAX- MSP last week, and was less than thrilled. I found the seats moderately to very uncomfortable, and I struggled to settle in. The single lav at the back is silly, especially since you can't wait to be next in line since there is zero room to do so. The FAs specifically asked that the passengers do NOT attempt to wait at the lav door, even though those in dire need did so anyway. The folks seated in the aft rows did not look happy at all about the situation.

Even though the flight was almost 4 hours (heading west from MSP- LAX), the flights were not stocked with any meals; only the snack boxes, which (if possible) have gotten even worse than before.

The one change I made on my return trip was to trade my E+ seat forward for an exit row seat, because the extra leg room over the usual E+ seats helped a bit.

My grade for the CRJ 700 Barbie Jets: D
As I said those CRJ-700 seats are terrible.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now that UA has the regionals flying E175's I guess they figure they can fly even farther. Just booked SFO-IAH-BDL and return BDL-IAH-SFO 10 days later. IAH-BDL and BDL-IAH are on E175's. That is 3 ½ hours and 1507 miles. On a regional jet. How is this a regional flight?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Baze
Now that UA has the regionals flying E175's I guess they figure they can fly even farther. Just booked SFO-IAH-BDL and return BDL-IAH-SFO 10 days later. IAH-BDL and BDL-IAH are on E175's. That is 3 ½ hours and 1507 miles. On a regional jet. How is this a regional flight?
I don't mind the E75. Other than the noticeable lack of Wifi, I'd rather be on one than a 737 or A-320...especially now that the 320 has slimline seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.