Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest flights in RJ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Baze
Now that UA has the regionals flying E175's I guess they figure they can fly even farther. Just booked SFO-IAH-BDL and return BDL-IAH-SFO 10 days later. IAH-BDL and BDL-IAH are on E175's. That is 3 ½ hours and 1507 miles. On a regional jet. How is this a regional flight?
i took BDL-IAH a couple times assuming that it'd be an easy upgrade (and BDL is slightly more convenient compared to BOS for me), but i was shocked both times at how many GS (never mind 1Ks) were on the flight. at face, it seems to be a very healthy new route for UA.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by riphamilton
i took BDL-IAH a couple times assuming that it'd be an easy upgrade (and BDL is slightly more convenient compared to BOS for me), but i was shocked both times at how many GS (never mind 1Ks) were on the flight. at face, it seems to be a very healthy new route for UA.
Insurance + Oil ?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by radiowell
Insurance + Oil ?
makes sense. whatever it is, i can't compete for upgrades on the route - so it's back to BOS and a ~75% CPU rate to IAH for me.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by radiowell
Insurance + Oil ?
+ ESPN?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:54 pm

I just found a great transcon RJ route.

BOS-CLE-DEN-SBA for $308 (Dec 6)

BOS-CLE-DEN
UA 4158 ("direct" flight)
E145

DEN-SBA
UA 6192
C200

You get the pleasure of all RJ, with no possibility of even RJ F.

Fun, fun, fun

United Flights with stops from $308

1 ticket
at this price

Lowest Fare
Depart:
10:08 a.m.
Sat., Dec. 6, 2014
Boston, MA (BOS)
Arrive:
2:34 p.m.
Sat., Dec. 6, 2014
Denver, CO (DEN)
Flight Time:
6 hr 26 mn
Distance:
1,754 miles
Flight: UA4158
Operated by EXPRESSJET AIRLINES DBA UNITED EXPRESS.
Aircraft: Embraer RJ145
Fare Class: United Economy (W)
Meal: Snacks for Purchase
1 Stop. Time on the ground in Cleveland, OH (CLE) is 36 minutes.
Change Planes.
Equipment changes in Cleveland, OH (CLE) to a Embraer RJ145.

Change Planes. Connect time in Denver, CO (DEN) is 41 minutes.

Depart:
3:15 p.m.
Sat., Dec. 6, 2014
Denver, CO (DEN)
Arrive:
4:53 p.m.
Sat., Dec. 6, 2014
Santa Barbara, CA (SBA)
Flight Time:
2 hr 38 mn

Travel Time:
9 hr 45 mn
Distance:
916 miles
Total Distance:
2,670 miles
Flight: UA6192
Operated by SKYWEST DBA UNITED EXPRESS.
Aircraft: Canadair Regional Jet 200
Fare Class: United Economy (W)
Meal: Snacks for Purchase
No Special Meal Offered.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
+ ESPN?
Somebody important at the World Wide Leader in Bristol must watch JJ Watt in action

Last edited by radiowell; Dec 2, 2014 at 11:21 pm Reason: More details
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by riphamilton
Just took this flight BDL-IAH on 175 and never again. Never. Almost 5 hours gate to gate. Never.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO-DFW, 1,465 miles, 3hr39min slotted time. At least it is an EMB175 and my upgrade cleared. Still not sure how UA considered a flight that is over half way across the country and over 3 hours to be a "regional" flight.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Baze
SFO-DFW, 1,465 miles, 3hr39min slotted time. At least it is an EMB175 and my upgrade cleared. Still not sure how UA considered a flight that is over half way across the country and over 3 hours to be a "regional" flight.
Though operated by an EJet, it is tough to consider them as the same calibre as a CRJ/ERJ or a CR7. The E170/175/190 would be, and could be easily operated by UA mainline and there would likely be few qualms from anyone.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Though operated by an EJet, it is tough to consider them as the same calibre as a CRJ/ERJ or a CR7. The E170/175/190 would be, and could be easily operated by UA mainline and there would likely be few qualms from anyone.
Which is why I stated at least it is an EMB175. But it is still a "regional" airline operating the flight, not "mainline" UA. This makes the line between "mainline" UA and "regional" UAX a very blurred line indeed.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Does Shuttle America have a shortage of E170 drivers?

Anecdotally, quite a few cancellations in last month "due to crew shortages". Don't have any stats specific to crew shortage cancellations (not sure if they're even published) but 3 flights I've been trying to take in last four weeks have cancelled - out of DEN.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by CMK10
Look at what AA runs on its hub-hub routes, you'll never seen an RJ.
I could be mistaken, but I believe AAs scope clause states that all hub-hub must be mainline. Back when I flew AA, I thought that clause was universal across carriers, so I was surprised when I found UX on hub-hub.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
I could be mistaken, but I believe AAs scope clause states that all hub-hub must be mainline. Back when I flew AA, I thought that clause was universal across carriers, so I was surprised when I found UX on hub-hub.
That's certainly not the case with pmAA and pmUS flying though - plenty of RJ on PHL ORD, for example (though, to be fair, nice RJs).
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DWFI
That's certainly not the case with pmAA and pmUS flying though - plenty of RJ on PHL ORD, for example (though, to be fair, nice RJs).
The comment I had made that your quoted comment quoted was made on October 6, 2013. Things have certainly changed in the last 18 months
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Live in San Antonio..only CRJ 700 service to both LAX and SFO
1400m plus
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:08 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Does Shuttle America have a shortage of E170 drivers?

Anecdotally, quite a few cancellations in last month "due to crew shortages". Don't have any stats specific to crew shortage cancellations (not sure if they're even published) but 3 flights I've been trying to take in last four weeks have cancelled - out of DEN.
All of the regionals have crew shortages, FWIW. Combination of smaller military (less trained pilots available), higher FAA-mandated training requirements (largely due to regionals having fatal accidents blamed on training), and continued low pay at the regionals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.