Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest flights in RJ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
3.5h on a regional jet?

I'm flying from Dayton to Bozeman, MT in January. Flying via ORD its then 3.5h to Bozeman on a CRJ 700??? Thats an awful long time time on a RJ. Seems like they are replacing their entire fleet with them.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Snareman
I'm flying from Dayton to Bozeman, MT in January. Flying via ORD its then 3.5h to Bozeman on a CRJ 700??? Thats an awful long time time on a RJ. Seems like they are replacing their entire fleet with them.
That must be a very seasonal route, as I checked a few dates through this year and next and mostly found connections only. On that kind of route, the choice is likely going to be an RJ or nothing. Or routing through DEN instead, in which case you'd do the DAY-DEN in a CR7, which is practically the same distance.

On that note, it could be worse. Flew CVG-DEN yesterday in an ER4, which is only ~100 miles less than ORD-BZN.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by emcampbe
That must be a very seasonal route, as I checked a few dates through this year and next and mostly found connections only. On that kind of route, the choice is likely going to be an RJ or nothing. Or routing through DEN instead, in which case you'd do the DAY-DEN in a CR7, which is practically the same distance.

On that note, it could be worse. Flew CVG-DEN yesterday in an ER4, which is only ~100 miles less than ORD-BZN.
Yea, I figured Bozeman isn't exactly a huge destination. I'm going out to snowshoe in Yellowstone. I figured at least they could give me a crappy airbus. I'm coming home via DEN to DAY, also on a RJ. Can't wait.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
DAY->DEN has an occasional EMB145 pop up as well.

Crazy.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by goodeats21
DAY->DEN has an occasional EMB145 pop up as well.

Crazy.
Ok that wouldn't be fun. But a CR7 isn't that bad. It didn't occur to me to whine about it AUS-SFO. 1499 miles, up to 4:01 on UA's schedule. I could have gotten home on a mainline tube a couple hours later, but sometimes a couple of hours at home is worth more than a little bit nicer flight. I used to be addicted to CH9 but it's not the thrill it used to be. Give me an aisle or exit row seat and I'd be fine with a CR7 SFO-ORD. But don't tell UA I said that. I'd still prefer a 320.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yea, I figured Bozeman isn't exactly a huge destination. I'm going out to snowshoe in Yellowstone. I figured at least they could give me a crappy airbus. I'm coming home via DEN to DAY, also on a RJ. Can't wait.
It's mainline in the summer. And Billings.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Hard to complain about any nonstop service in to Bozeman really. Especially from Chicago. That would rarely be mainline, I would imagine, your only service there would be from Denver. When it comes to hub-hub or hub-major city, then yeah, let's talk.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA1K
i did ORD-MSO back in july on the cr7. was in F but at a little over 3 hours of flight time, it wasn't bad. better that then connecting.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
DEN-EUG is solely on CR2s these days, and it's scheduled at 2 hr 50 min. Against my better judgment, I did it a few weeks ago and it was terrible. In part because I had a larger gentleman next to me (not overweight, just a big guy), but it probably would have been pretty miserable regardless. I don't think I would mind a CR7 so much, but, unless it's absolutely 100% necessary I'm not doing that route in a CR2 ever again.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:19 pm

Eug-Den

Post 99# please correct your post to the following:

Den-Eug Daily service pattern:
Oct 1 CRJ and 1 CR-700
Nov 2 Cr-700's
Dec 2 Cr-700's
Jan 1 Cr-700 1 CRJ
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Well, I was talking about DEN-EUG, not EUG-DEN. But, probably more accurate if I had said DEN-EUG is "almost entirely on CR2s". Regular schedule is 15 flights a week (Sun-Fri 2x a day, 1x on Sat). Maybe 1-2 of those flights will be on a CR7.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Ok that wouldn't be fun. But a CR7 isn't that bad. It didn't occur to me to whine about it AUS-SFO. 1499 miles, up to 4:01 on UA's schedule. I could have gotten home on a mainline tube a couple hours later, but sometimes a couple of hours at home is worth more than a little bit nicer flight. I used to be addicted to CH9 but it's not the thrill it used to be. Give me an aisle or exit row seat and I'd be fine with a CR7 SFO-ORD. But don't tell UA I said that. I'd still prefer a 320.
I'd argue it is that bad. No Wifi, no meals in F, tiny F cabin, small E+ cabin too and just that single bathroom all the way at the back.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'd argue it is that bad. No Wifi, no meals in F, tiny F cabin, small E+ cabin too and just that single bathroom all the way at the back.
Plus - tiny OHBs and the new CR7s have wood planks for seats in Y.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:58 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by emcampbe

It is seasonal, though IIRC it's mainline for part of the year, too. I took a JAC-ORD flight last year during the shoulder of peak season (right as ski season winds down but before summer hits), and the A320 was a ghost ship.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by CMK10
Main issue for me would be the single bathroom. Not fun if you have the seatbelt sign on most of the flight, then a long line. So on that one, I agree, bigger planes are better. Might not always be the case though; bizarre as it may seem, there's no requirement for a given number of lavs for a plane.. regardless of size. And a working lav is not on the minimum equipment list either. That still surprises me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.