Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbm12
Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

From sbm12 (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
From jasonvr
From Darlox:
Note: Both are defunct (no longer maintained by the creators), have known issues on the current site, will not work on the Beta site, and are of marginal usefulness in the $-based RDM era. Use for reference only.
Print Wikipost

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: United 1MM, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
My recollection was the greasemonkey script (at least the one I used) stopped working when United changed the website and went to the new (allegedly) touch screen-centric format. Is there a Greasemonkey script that works on the current site? If so, where can I get it? I loved that thing!
Old Apr 7, 2020, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The premise here is wrong. GreaseMonkey isn't malware, and the United extensions certainly aren't. However, GreaseMonkey can be an attack vector for malware, if you're installing scripts that you don't trust.

I second the advice to run a malware scan; if you're not comfortable with that, find someone you trust who can do it for you. Most malware is fairly stealthy, so if you have one obvious issue, it's entirely possible that you have others that are less conspicuous.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:19 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
I recently got the previously broken script up and working again:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32092181-post81.html
drklain and ajGoes like this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:24 pm

superEGO Thanks for sharing. I didn't have the latest script and it's not on Seth's website. That got me up and running again! Many, many thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Hello,

Can you please explain how you install or use this script? Apologies in advance as I’m not a computer guru. Thank you and stay safe!
Old Apr 9, 2020, 7:56 am

awesome!!!!!!!! i miss that expert mode, super helpful
Old Apr 9, 2020, 9:27 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Thanks!

Just installed it using Tamper Monkey and Chrome. Awesome work. One question, I noticed it only shows Award/Upgrade space and not any other fare bucket. Is that correct?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 10:43 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Just installed it using Tamper Monkey and Chrome. Awesome work. One question, I noticed it only shows Award/Upgrade space and not any other fare bucket. Is that correct?
That was the stated objective -- to highlight the availability of upgrades and awards.
If you want all the inventory classes, regular Expert Mode does that.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:18 pm

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Hi All,
Positively correct...grease monkey had nothing to do with the malware. Anyway, clearing all my history resulted in me clearing the scripts. How do I re-install the greasemonkey script, or the script that allows ez search for UA upgrade inventory in expert mode)-previously this was a grease monkey script. May I get the most current link (for mac/firefox &/or safari)
Many thanks.

HI ALL,
Is there a WIKI (from FT.com) on the Plus Points for expert mode? Also I want to re-install updated extension scripts (greasemonkey) on my browser that reflects the PLUS Points fare buckets?
Can you help get me on the right track here? eg: are the upgrade codes the same with PLUS POINTS program?

Thank you!!!

Hi there,
Does Plus Points program influence fare buckets? I am assuming no.
Re. Expert Mode: I use to have grease monkey sripts enabled on my Firefox browser: but I deleted them (long story). Is there a new script to highlight available upgrade investory? When I search all I see are posts from 2011-2012. I did see something on Transfer Monkey scripts, but where do I find these and are these the same as the greasemonkey ones?
Where is the download for a safe script?
Thank you!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 27, 2020 at 10:02 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I thought this has not worked in some time since the website upgrade, I used to love seeing the green R space, maybe it can be updated for the new site and PZ space...
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pbh220
Hi there,
Does Plus Points program influence fare buckets? I am assuming no.
Re. Expert Mode: I use to have grease monkey sripts enabled on my Firefox browser: but I deleted them (long story). Is there a new script to highlight available upgrade investory? When I search all I see are posts from 2011-2012. I did see something on Transfer Monkey scripts, but where do I find these and are these the same as the greasemonkey ones?
Where is the download for a safe script?
Thank you!
Posts from 2011-2012 are most definitely outdated as UA now has a new website (React based) I am not aware of any scripts.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This may be helpful to some
Originally Posted by superEGO
Hey guys... I didn't realize this was still broken for most people.

I had managed to get it working again a while ago, but then forgot to share. Since then, I had played with a few other things that I wanted to work better. I also wanted to try a new approach to the code.

In the end, I was able to get most everything working while adding a nice feature:
* The colorized fare data now sticks around when you do something that refreshes the results.. like "show more" or sorting by one of the other fare types,etc..

Anyway, it works for me and I wanted to share it with everyone since I've gotten so much use from it.

Redo of sbsm12's ExpertMode script

kevflyer likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Scripts to highlight upgrade fare buckets

Hi All,
Where can I find the script downloads to enable UA fare bucket/highlights in expert mode? The last post to this thread was 2012--the expert mode codes have changed (no longer R/RN for coach-bz upgrades--now its PZ). If they no longer exist, please let me know. I prefer Firefox, vs. Chrome.
Secondly, if the updated downloads for grease/transfer monkey have been updated, are the downloads safe?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
Hey y'all, waking this up again. Here's an updated script for UA expert mode: https://github.com/spitcool/uaexpert

It requires greasemonkey or tampermonkey (or similar) but I'll have an extension created soon.
EmailKid and B747SP like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:58 am

Great job. Only thing odd I noticed is that the script seems to now open the "details" tab on each flight (highlighting the relevant fare code availability). The old script left those closed and when you clicked on the "details" button, the expanded window showing fare classes would then be colored/highlighted appropriately. If you click on a details tab while the script is running/loading (before the details tabs all expand), it stops the script and only the one tab opens and it is not highlighted...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.