Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbm12
Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

From sbm12 (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
From jasonvr
From Darlox:
Note: Both are defunct (no longer maintained by the creators), have known issues on the current site, will not work on the Beta site, and are of marginal usefulness in the $-based RDM era. Use for reference only.
Print Wikipost

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:05 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I am using v.7.3.4 with success on Chrome.

However, if your search results go to more than one page, nothing shows up on page 2 or any subsequent pages, just on page 1. Also, if you return to page 1 from any subsequent page, the highlighting no longers shows up. I've also found that when you start searching by, say, price (lowest to highest) and get the highlighting, if you then change to, say, search by departure (earliest) the highlighing disappears.

Any chance of fixing these in an update?

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
As 1P says it only shows up on the first page. And if you change the fare class to W it doesn't show up at all. The best I could figure was to search to find where R is available and then change class to W and look for those exact flights again to get the price. It helps, but given how bad the new site is, I will be surprised if I am ever able to use my GPUs.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
As of yesterday, expert mode v.7.3.4 no longer seems to work in Chrome. Is anyone else having issues as well?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Looks like a change on the UA site has impacted the extension. Some of the functionality is still working, but not everything. The best shortcut of not having to click the "details" link for each flight is no longer working.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Sorry for the troubles...I'll take a look.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Sorry for the troubles...I'll take a look.
Should be working again now in v7.3.5 which I just pushed to the Chrome store and also to the direct download link for those who use it that way.

Regarding the issues with multi-page results sets, that's going to remain solved for now, mostly because there's not a consistent event in the page load process I can trigger on the way I do on the initial load.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Should be working again now in v7.3.5 which I just pushed to the Chrome store and also to the direct download link for those who use it that way.

Regarding the issues with multi-page results sets, that's going to remain solved for now, mostly because there's not a consistent event in the page load process I can trigger on the way I do on the initial load.
Thanks for fixing this so quickly! ^
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:39 am

Awesome. Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:09 am

Helpful tool, thank you.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I have a question regarding upgrades and the chrome browser plugins

I use the plugins and get the red letter in the search blocks on the United website, but they seem to only work on the first page and are kind of "Laggy"

Now, they have a search option for only upgrade able flights. Is this essentially the same as searching for R availability?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:40 pm

I think I'm seeing a bug. Extension is showing RN3 R3, but details data does not agree. Details show RN0 R0.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTstudent
I think I'm seeing a bug. Extension is showing RN3 R3, but details data does not agree. Details show RN0 R0.
Please PM me the specific search parameters you're using so I can try to reproduce and figure out what's going on.
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I use the plugins and get the red letter in the search blocks on the United website, but they seem to only work on the first page and are kind of "Laggy"
Yeah. Because they trigger when the flex calendar atop the page finally loads. That doesn't reload on the other pages so it doesn't know to retry. And that doesn't load immediately hence the lag. To get the data the script simulates clicking on the "details" link twice for each flight option, expanding it to get the data and then collapsing it to keep as many flights as possible visible. I tried a few options to fix the issues with the extra pages but none was satisfactory IMO.

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Now, they have a search option for only upgrade able flights. Is this essentially the same as searching for R availability?
If all you care about is R then yes, it is very, very similar.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
FYI - I am working on an updated version of my script to finally work with the new site

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26209042-post111.html
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
First version of my script for the new site is now available. Wiki has been updated to pull me out of "defunct" purgatory
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
FYI - I am working on an updated version of my script to finally work with the new site

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26209042-post111.html
page does not load for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.