Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbm12
Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

From sbm12 (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
From jasonvr
From Darlox:
Note: Both are defunct (no longer maintained by the creators), have known issues on the current site, will not work on the Beta site, and are of marginal usefulness in the $-based RDM era. Use for reference only.
Print Wikipost

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:40 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
This might be of use to a handful of people.. I've loved and utilized this add-on for (what feels like) a really long time. One thing that kinda bugged me about the new site implementation is that the expertmode buckets only show up upon expansion. So, while it's fantastic that the buckets are highlighted, the length of the page increased a ton and the readability went way down.

I made some quick and dirty mods to the .js in the greasemonkey version:

First, I added some code to the end of the highlight() function to copy the pertinent buckets into the pre-details area. I just shoved them in the same area with the other flight segment advisories without much concern for how it ends up moving icons.
Code:
        var segmentLists = getElementsByClassName(document, 'ul','segment-indicators-list');
        for (var i = 0, len = segmentLists.length; i < len; i++) {
            segmentLists[i].innerHTML = segmentLists[i].innerHTML + cabinLists[i].innerHTML.replace(/(?:F|FN|A|J|JN|C|D|Z|ZN|P|Y|YN|B|M|E|U|H|HN|Q|V|W|S|T|L|K|G|\bN)[0-9]/g,""); 
            segmentLists[i].innerHTML = segmentLists[i].innerHTML.replace(/Available fare classes:/,"");
        }
Next, I didn't want the details expanded, but it seems it needs to happen in order for the fare buckets to exist, so I just added a second click.

Code:
    function addCustomSearchResult(jNode) { 
        var divid=jQuery(jNode).attr("href");
        jNode[0].click(); // expand
        //console.debug("done expanding");
        jNode[0].click(); // contract
    }
So, this was a quick and dirty hack to get what I wanted. I made an assumption that the results from getElementsByClassname() calls were going to be identically ordered and correlated. Limited testing seems to indicate that they are. I also didn't spend any time playing around with making the new display pretty. It doesn't look bad, but the existing icons for wifi and what not are moved as a result. I also didn't optimize at all, so you could combine into the existing loop I'm sure.

Also, in the below image, I was playing around with font size and color (100%, Blue) but again, someone with more energy could fiddle around more.

Last edited by superEGO; Jul 27, 2015 at 2:52 pm Reason: fixed regex
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superEGO
This might be of use to a handful of people.. ...
VERY nice. I like that a lot.

Definitely better IMO to have the data without everything fully expanded. I didn't think to copy it over and collapse the boxes again.

Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:18 pm

Oops... FYI, I just noticed that I left out FN and J from the line deleting all the useless buckets. Also, never worked on matching N when it's there without a preceding char. And also, might be a good idea to kill all the whitespace left by removal of the buckets.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:19 pm

Oops... FYI, I just noticed that I left out FN and J from the line deleting all the useless buckets. Also, never worked on matching N when it's there without a preceding char. And also, might be a good idea to kill all the whitespace left by removal of the buckets.
Here's a regular expression that includes FN and J in the list of useless buckets and attempts to kill N:

Code:
(?:F|A|J|C|D|Z|P|Y|B|M|E|U|H|Q|V|W|S|T|L|K|G)[0-9]|((\s|F|J|Z|Y|H)N[0-9])
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by st1575
Here's a regular expression that includes FN and J in the list of useless buckets and attempts to kill N:

Code:
(?:F|A|J|C|D|Z|P|Y|B|M|E|U|H|Q|V|W|S|T|L|K|G)[0-9]|((\s|F|J|Z|Y|H)N[0-9])
There isn't any whitespace before the N, so it still wasn't matching. Looks like \b for matching the beginning is the magic:
Code:
(?:F|FN|A|J|JN|C|D|Z|ZN|P|Y|YN|B|M|E|U|H|HN|Q|V|W|S|T|L|K|G|\bN)[0-9]
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:02 pm

Looks like \b for matching the beginning is the magic:
Excellent magic indeed. ^
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:01 pm

Okay, spent a few more minutes playing with this and made a few changes:
1) Now copying into 'segment-operator' div. This is pretty often empty and easier to format leaving the wifi and other icons alone.
2) Had to manually format the list since it wasn't inheriting from the advisory list formatting.
3) Some cleanup of the empty list elements and whitespace.

Code:
        var segmentLists = getElementsByClassName(document, 'div','segment-operator');
        for (var i = 0, len = segmentLists.length; i < len; i++) {
            var buckets = cabinLists[i].innerHTML.replace(/(?:F|FN|A|J|JN|C|D|Z|ZN|P|Y|YN|B|M|E|U|H|HN|Q|V|W|S|T|L|K|G|\bN)[0-9]/g,"");
            buckets = buckets.replace(/<li class=\"label\">Available fare classes:<\/li>/,"");
            buckets = buckets.replace(/<li><\/li>\s+/ig,"");
            buckets = buckets.replace(/<li>/ig,"<li style=\"float: left;padding-left: 6px;\">");
            buckets = "<ul style=\"list-style-type: none; margin: auto; padding: inherit;\">" + buckets + "</ul><br/>";

segmentLists[i].innerHTML = segmentLists[i].innerHTML + buckets;
        }
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

New version of the code is now in the Chrome store and available for direct download. More details at http://blog.wandr.me/browser-extensions/ or up above in this thread.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
New version of the code is now in the Chrome store and available for direct download. More details at http://blog.wandr.me/browser-extensions/ or up above in this thread.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Some issues cropped up as UA migrated the beta code into a more production-ready state. If you're not running v7.2.0 odds are you'll be very unhappy when you search in the new interface.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Some issues cropped up as UA migrated the beta code into a more production-ready state. If you're not running v7.2.0 odds are you'll be very unhappy when you search in the new interface.
Ditto, but v7.2.1 is now current. Thanks to fumje for letting me know about the last set of issues.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Ditto, but v7.2.1 is now current. Thanks to fumje for letting me know about the last set of issues.
v7.3.3 is now current, adding new features and addressing an issue where booking class would display multiple times in the results.

Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
v7.3.3 is now current, adding new features and addressing an issue where booking class would display multiple times in the results.
Seth

Thanks for the excellent tools. I am having trouble getting the chrome extension to work on international itineraries with a domestic leg first. Sometimes (but not always) the bracketed fare classes under the price pop up. Meanwhile, the red and green codes never pop up on the main page (i.e. without me selecting "details" being selected individually for each flight).
And sometimes, even when I click on details the fare codes are not colored red or green.

(I am fully logged in and in expert mode, and they seem to routinely work on domestic legs)

Happy to PM you on this but thought that answer may be helpful to others here?

Thanks again for making this available.

Lurker
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:44 pm
Suspended

expert mode script for chrome

got a new laptop (love the new yoga! - and i can keep it open and watching my movie during takeoff and landing because it folds into a tablet). anyway, i searched and cant' find - how do i install the expert mode script?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
from the Chrome Web Store

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fmpdpkad?hl=en

You need to have expert mode enables via your .bomb account already.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JHake10
from the Chrome Web Store

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fmpdpkad?hl=en

You need to have expert mode enables via your .bomb account already.
awesome, thx! this was way easier then i remembered the last time i had to install it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.