Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbm12
Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

From sbm12 (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
From jasonvr
From Darlox:
Note: Both are defunct (no longer maintained by the creators), have known issues on the current site, will not work on the Beta site, and are of marginal usefulness in the $-based RDM era. Use for reference only.
Print Wikipost

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tale
Can you please help?
That behavior is as expected, at least for now. There has to be an event in the page load that triggers the process to make everything show up. Currently that's the calendar loading because that happens after the fares load. But switching pages doesn't reload the calendar so it doesn't trigger the inventory reload.

And I'm not sure there's another trigger event that would work better for changing pages and making it work.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
That behavior is as expected, at least for now. There has to be an event in the page load that triggers the process to make everything show up. Currently that's the calendar loading because that happens after the fares load. But switching pages doesn't reload the calendar so it doesn't trigger the inventory reload.

And I'm not sure there's another trigger event that would work better for changing pages and making it work.
FYI - there is a way to do this without needing that event. I haven't looked at the source of your script, but you can use a MutationObserver to trigger whenever the page contents change (you might already be doing this but triggering on the wrong part of the page). You can look at the source of my script (which I fully admit is not my prettiest work, but Javascript really isn't my forte). It's been a while since I did the code, but it looks like I am triggering on the mutation having a target.id of fl-results. Whenever that is happening, it calls my doRemoveAwardColumns function which causes the filtering to occur, even when you change pages of search results.

I do remember it being tricky to get working right, but will work with some fiddling.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
FYI - there is a way to do this without needing that event. I haven't looked at the source of your script, but you can use a MutationObserver to trigger whenever the page contents change (you might already be doing this but triggering on the wrong part of the page). You can look at the source of my script (which I fully admit is not my prettiest work, but Javascript really isn't my forte). It's been a while since I did the code, but it looks like I am triggering on the mutation having a target.id of fl-results. Whenever that is happening, it calls my doRemoveAwardColumns function which causes the filtering to occur, even when you change pages of search results.

I do remember it being tricky to get working right, but will work with some fiddling.
so ive been messing with this, it's pretty hard to get this to work consistently, but it does work. i just have to do a new search every time
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Spitcool
so ive been messing with this, it's pretty hard to get this to work consistently, but it does work. i just have to do a new search every time
Are you talking about my script or sbm12's? If mine, what isn't working correctly/consistently?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:51 pm

Expert Mode Chrome extension stopped working?

sometime in the past few days, the chrome extension for expert mode stopped working. has this happened to anyone else? it's a pain to search without it. i've uninstalled and reinstalled, not sure what else i should try...? help!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
perhaps another IT "enhancement".

jk - sorry, just trying to add some levity to what is obviously a frustrating issue.

I am not an IT geek so no idea. :-(
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
works for me
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
sometime in the past few days, the chrome extension for expert mode stopped working.
which one was it, what did it do? i had one too that has stopped working a while ago. not sure it's the UA site or a chrome update.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by IAD1k
which one was it, what did it do? i had one too that has stopped working a while ago. not sure it's the UA site or a chrome update.
the one called ua expert mode + i think 7.4.0
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:42 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
sometime in the past few days, the chrome extension for expert mode stopped working. ...
There have been numerous issue with the new web UI and Chrome reported in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...te-2018-a.html
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:51 am
Original Poster

I can take a look to see if the script is really broken or not. Typically issues with it are related to not being fully logged in to the site. But maybe this time it really is a mess.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:45 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The new site is causing so many headaches.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

I can confirm that the new site breaks the script.

The bad news is I'm hitting some snags with the updates to bring it back to life. Notably, there's a part in the code where it needs to expand and contract all the flight details to force the extra data to load so it can parse. That's no longer working. Expect that this will remain busted for at least a few days while I tinker with it. If anyone knows a shortcut to a resolution I'm all ears.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
I can confirm that the new site breaks the script.

The bad news is I'm hitting some snags with the updates to bring it back to life. Notably, there's a part in the code where it needs to expand and contract all the flight details to force the extra data to load so it can parse. That's no longer working. Expect that this will remain busted for at least a few days while I tinker with it. If anyone knows a shortcut to a resolution I'm all ears.
Thanks for testing it. Hope it can come back to life. I have to say it's a HUGE help. This site is so awful. Ugh.

You are aweosme!!!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Thanks for testing it. Hope it can come back to life. I have to say it's a HUGE help. This site is so awful. Ugh.

You are awesome!!!
Agreed.

Just found it broken. Came straight here. Of course others were ahead of me.

Thanks SBM for all you do. Priceless!!

Lurker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.