Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Rant - CO people need to get off their high horses...Paging UA Insider

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant - CO people need to get off their high horses...Paging UA Insider

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Again, I can't remember when I've had a problem, either before OR after the merger. Lazy, crude,and rude f/a's, now that's a different breed of horse!
channa is absolutely correct. And to your point, I have problems all the time. Just last week I had an agent absolutely refuse to waitlist a UA award segment for me when I was confirmed on anther carrier. I was told that UA has never done that. The agent was PMCO (I asked) -- and CO absolutely allowed this. I called back and had no problem whatsoever with my request.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
But then why are you blaming management? My impression is that management would love to do that, but the employee contracts prohibit it and so the employees and unions have used their contractual rights to block it.
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
Isn't it the employees (or, at least, their union representatives) that are preventing the combination into one team?
No, the union representation is not to blame...smith st., I mean Smisek, has no problem with a protracted union integration. Your "blame the unions" talking points are as laughable as they are hollow, and they are exactly what Smisek & Co. used in their multi-million dollar effort to force out the IAM

Originally Posted by hobo13

Amazing to me how some are self appointed the thought police around here.
Those same thought police are those who were championing SHARES, the troubled cross-fleeting, and virtually every other initiative of the current leaders. Given the results, they are understandably disgruntled. I wouldn't take the snarkiness personally.

Last edited by tuolumne; Apr 13, 2014 at 8:03 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
No, the union representation is not to blame...smith st., I mean Smisek, has no problem with a protracted union integration. Your "blame the unions" talking points are as laughable as they are hollow, and they are exactly what Smisek & Co. used in their multi-million dollar effort to force out the IAM

Those same thought police are those who were championing SHARES, the troubled cross-fleeting, and virtually every other initiative of the current leaders. Given the results, they are understandably disgruntled. I wouldn't take the snarkiness personally.
And the sUA AFA MEC president has poisoned the sUA FAs brains into thinking we on the sCO side work like dogs, and everything about working the CO side is so horrible and we are so miserable etc. I have worked with quite a few of the first set of crossover sUA FAs and not one of them has said anything negative about working on the CO side, some have even said they were able to pay off loans etc that they were not able to working on the UA side.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
And the sUA AFA MEC president has poisoned the sUA FAs brains into thinking we on the sCO side work like dogs, and everything about working the CO side is so horrible and we are so miserable etc. I have worked with quite a few of the first set of crossover sUA FAs and not one of them has said anything negative about working on the CO side, some have even said they were able to pay off loans etc that they were not able to working on the UA side.
I'm back on my Union rant. Just do what DL did. Vote out the union. Problem solved. Forget the UA or CO BS. Work together. No wonder the "New UA" can not provide a decent level of service.

Do I blame the FA's - NO!

If I'm in FC on a $10G ticket, I could care less about your Union/Management issues. That is between you and your employer.

If I want a Baileys and Starbucks coffee at 35,000 feet, provide it (UA did in the past). I also want a lime with my G&T on decent. UA and AS are too cheap to buy them at the current price.

Don't tell me than to choose another carrier. I already do. It is a shame a great carrier turned into this mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.