Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Rant - CO people need to get off their high horses...Paging UA Insider

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant - CO people need to get off their high horses...Paging UA Insider

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
But then why are you blaming management? My impression is that management would love to do that, but the employee contracts prohibit it and so the employees and unions have used their contractual rights to block it.
That is why DL is making money. They solved this problem. I will no longer speak about Union issues.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kettle1
That is why DL is making money. They solved this problem. I will no longer speak about Union issues.
This seems entirely true to me but entirely impossible for only one side to solve. By definition, it's an issue that requires the cooperation of both employees and management, since both sides have legal rights that interfere with any unilateral solution. But if you no longer wish to speak about the basis for your statement then there's no point in discussing it further.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
This seems entirely true to me but entirely impossible for only one side to solve. By definition, it's an issue that requires the cooperation of both employees and management, since both sides have legal rights that interfere with any unilateral solution. But if you no longer wish to speak about the basis for your statement then there's no point in discussing it further.
Subcontract everyone = problem solved. Is that the answer?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by hobo13
If you spend enough time calling United, you get pretty good at it.

For example, just the way they answer the call, tells you a lot. If they say 'thank you for calling the 1K line, how can I help you Mr. Hobo13', you can be pretty darn sure you are talking to PMUA. If they say just say 'Premier Line'... it's an Ex-con.

I could go into more detail, but over the past 2 years it has become verboten to discuss the finer points of PMUA vs. PMCO CSR's on this board.

Oh, and then there is such a thing as saying 'Which call center am I speaking to tonight?" @:-)
Ask for a weather report you will need one more question to find out what city they are in.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Subcontract everyone = problem solved.
Isn't that legally inconsistent with the existing contracts?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Subcontract everyone = problem solved. Is that the answer?
Starting at the top with Mr. Smisek....
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
OP, it's within 24 hours of flight time. Were you able to get an earlier flight?

For those of you who aren't used to flying out of Denver, the OP has every reason to be wary of de-icing times at this station. With a city-run operation and three major carriers flying from DEN (United, Frontier, Southwest), de-icing can add a significant amount of time to a flight. even when operations are running smoothly. Given that the snow is supposed to get heavier as Sunday morning wears on, an earlier departure may be the best strategy.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Because it's often kinda stupid and misinformed and unrelated to any actual difference.
For those who were 1K in the days of PMUA, the difference is noticeable.

That said, I can understand why those whose only experience is with the combined entity would see it differently.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:28 pm
Suspended

For those who were 1K in the days of PMUA, the difference is noticeable.
Except when I flew both UA and CO on the same route frequently, the difference was noticeable and CO was noticeably better.

But I don't use that as a reason to bash sUA at every opportunity.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Except when I flew both UA and CO on the same route frequently, the difference was noticeable and CO was noticeably better.

But I don't use that as a reason to bash sUA at every opportunity.
Fair enough, that's your opinion. My point is that I don't see how some members can have an opinion on the matter when they weren't flying then. Obviously, you aren't in that category.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:56 pm

Fair enough, that's your opinion. My point is that I don't see how some members can have an opinion on the matter when they weren't flying then. Obviously, you aren't in that category.
Having an opinion on what was the better airline is completely different from make-believing that every problem in the combined airline is traceable to one or the other. Obviously.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Having an opinion on what was the better airline is completely different from make-believing that every problem in the combined airline is traceable to one or the other. Obviously.
This thread is about call centers and the rudeness of the sCO CSR.

Not sure why you're simultaneously trying to stifle discussion yet expand the scope.

RAH RAH
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:21 am
Suspended

This thread is about call centers and the rudeness of the sCO CSR.
I thought it was about whether "CO people need to get off their high horses." That's the subject, after all.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:39 am

I do not want one single UA employee fired. It seems management wants it the other way. Let's see. I'm with the guy/gal at UA low on the totem pole. Crap out management. FIX IT!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-P659 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Pom-pom sessions is not the solution. In fact excessive pom-pom sessions at CO is precisely why they have a high horse problem to begin with.

Two decades of telling employees they're the best while simultaneously blaming the customer for your company's problems is tough to undo.

If anything, what they need is more scrutiny on the calls, fact checking, and ultimately some write up and retraining sessions for CSRs who are hostile towards customers. Once leadership changes, they can address that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.