Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No More Full Cans of Beverages for Passengers on United/UnitedExpress?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
Post 64 in this thread: Post by UA Insider:
"Hi everyone,

This is always subject to change, but right now our policy remains to offer the full can if the customer requests it.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines"
Print Wikipost

No More Full Cans of Beverages for Passengers on United/UnitedExpress?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by Baze
Ah, I see UA's consistently inconsistent mantra is alive and well.
My experience as well. Depends on the mood of the FA more than anything. I usually just take what they give, either way.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:16 pm
HGF

Programs: AA EXP
Just flew IAD-DXB and they were handing everyone cans by default unless they only asked for a cup.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by burlax
You're not supposed to touch FAs cans anymore. It's the 21st century, not wild 60s.

As outlined below, it depends on the mood of the FA..can handling or cupping...

I usually just take what they give, either way.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:49 pm

I just recently flew 4 flights on United and I got a full can - maybe being in first class helped!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by uaflr
I just recently flew 4 flights on United and I got a full can - maybe being in first class helped!
Not my experience...just flew SAN-IAH-MCO and return. No soda can provided in F.

Same with SAN-IAH and return (different itinerary)....glass of soda only in F, no can.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

This is always subject to change, but right now our policy remains to offer the full can if the customer requests it.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Not my experience...just flew SAN-IAH-MCO and return. No soda can provided in F.

Same with SAN-IAH and return (different itinerary)....glass of soda only in F, no can.
As per UA Insider, UA has the right to be inconsistent with the volume of soda that they dole out to customers.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by uaflr
"Quiet, sir. Or everyone will want one!"
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico

Can on request per Aaron. Are you saying you requested it and were denied or just did not receive can per policy?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LaserSailor

Can on request per Aaron.
Which is a change for those that flew UNITED.

Major
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

Major
Funny. I see it as a candidate for "Least substantial thing....." Up there with blankets and food ordering....
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
Funny. I see it as a candidate for "Least substantial thing....." Up there with blankets and food ordering....
Likewise. I actually think the "change" makes a lot of sense and is totally reasonable.

On the reports front, the pmCO crew on my transcon last night asked pax whether they wanted the whole can. On the second service, they couldn't give me another can of ginger ale due to ginger ale overconsumption, but it sounded like cans of other beverages were still available.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Quote:

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

Major

Perhaps to you but not to me. I like having the can as the default and not have to ask (and hope they catered enough).

Will the 747 cater fewer cans in total?

This is a devalue of service period.

Just like removal of free hard liquor on transpac. The latter isn't a big deal to me but I certainly don't diss others who feel otherwise.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:03 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by PTahCha
According to a sUA FA, the new service standard is pour only, no cans unless you ask. If you add the magic words "...and can i have the can?", they are supposed to give it to you, and this is on both sUA and sCO.

Whether this is executed correctly is just as reliable as meal priority order in first/business class.
Presumably the F/As are not opening a fresh can every time someone asks for a soft drink. That means you may easily be getting the second (or third) pour from a can, so when you ask for the can, you could certainly not be getting what you hoped for.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1984SW
Presumably the F/As are not opening a fresh can every time someone asks for a soft drink. That means you may easily be getting the second (or third) pour from a can, so when you ask for the can, you could certainly not be getting what you hoped for.
They give you a new can.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:36 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
If I were not aware I would not be getting the full can -- if, for example, I'd been getting them for years on sUA -- so simply asked for a Diet Coke, by the time I realized they were pouring from an opened can, it could get interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.