Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier Phone Line Delays During Current Winter Storm IROPS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Phone Line Delays During Current Winter Storm IROPS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
This whole situation with irrops is just sad.

As a warning it is pouring at my home 13 miles due west of EWR. Temp is 55f now. I have all the snow melt as a lake in my backyard. We are expecting a polar express later today and the temps are diving to 8F. Everything wet now will become an ice skating rink. Look for way more xls at EWR later IMO.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Had a 15 year old cousin who was visiting my sister in London for the week (traveling alone internationally for the first time). His return LHR>ORD was WX'd on Sunday morning and after my sister tried on hold for the UA line for over an hour she caved and texted me here in LA. Fortunately was having a bit of a late Saturday night and stepped away from friends at 1AM to call the 1K line. Took 40 minutes of hold time and another 20 of actual work on a UA agent's part to get him rebooked. They weren't exactly all that helpful until I noted that with my sister traveling on business this week they were effectively stranding a 15 year old alone in a foreign country. The single thing I miss the most about PMUA has nothing to do with warm nuts, blankets, or even on-time rates. It is explicitly the reaction/abilities in IRROPS. This current operation is truly inept in the least hysterical tone I can muster.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by onocoffee
I spent three days trying to get ahold of an agent. Waiting about 1.5 to 2 hours each attempt. Finally got through yesterday, spoke to an agent for at least 30 minutes (maybe 45) and just checked the total call time: 3h32m.

All in all, I'm not upset. It was a storm that caused IRROPS across half of America. That's thousands of people stranded somewhere. I'm glad I wasn't one of them!(today, that is, because at some point in the future I will be one of those stranded)
I'm not upset either. I flew UA before 2014 with a bad IRROPS situation and then US on the return flight on Saturday.

My US experience with IRROPS - Flight cancelled for 06AM Saturday. Call back as a general member - they put me and my wife in F (two separate rez - thanks PNR splitting UA ) since they were the only seats on the flight - 4PM Saturday. Total phone time, 12Minutes24Seconds.

I'm only not upset because I chose NOT to fly COdbaUA on the return trip - if I did that, I most likely would be stuck still in TPA trying to get back to Washington...but luckily, I started my New Year's Resolution and started flying less UA - and i'm loving it already :-)

If you really aren't mad at UA, then Jeffy Jeff loves having you as a customer - being willing to wait hours upon hours and having no realization that you could be doing better on another airline - that is music to his ears!

-jeremy
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
I waited an hour to be told that if I wanted to standby on a flight I could but they wouldn't help me. I had to go to the airport.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
United is having issues today!

I know the weather is an issue....... but. I was on hold for 30 minutes and finally got someone only to be on hold again for another 30 minutes when all of the sudden I hear a conversation not in english going on over the phone. They could not hear me so I hung up. I called back three times before I got put in the queue again which I'm still in now. I'm gold on another airlines but not on United. So far I've spent about three hours on the phone with them for nothing and what I need to do can't be done online. Just needed to blow off steam, Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Phones not working right?

4 calls. Twice gave 1K number. Neither time it took, and I went into a 60 minute hold time estimate.

Twice, the call went dead.

Others?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-uas-ops.html
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I called the GS line this morning and it was answered immeiately after the automated greeting announcement. Rebooked my cancelled flight from DCA and rhe total call time was three minutes, two seconds. (I looked at the elapsed call time beore hanging up.). And the phone agent had the same name as a once famous football player from the University of Texas.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:16 pm

I tried calling UA five times before I gave up.
Each time, the machine said something like "I'd like to transfer you to an agent, but due to the current high call volumes, I can't. Please call us back at a later time. Good bye".
Then it actually hung up my calls.
I just wanted to change an award booking, so I guess I can try again tomorrow...hopefully the award seat won't disappear overnight.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
for those who have not watched the news....it's called thousands of canceled flights today...thousands trying to rebook...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I called 1K line multiple times over the last couple days in an ultimately failed effort to get me out of DC to ski. Ever single time someone picked up within seconds of when the message said "please hold for just a moment", and most times sooner.

I can't complain about that (the ability to rebook on the other hand . . . )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.