Wiki Posts
Search

Rebooking Exception Irrops

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Rebooking Exception Irrops

So I have a traveler, not me, flying YVR-EWR

Originally was ticketed by UA on AC metal, but that got delayed 15 hours, so UA rep at YVR was able to reroute for free YVR-YOW-LGA

Traveler is currently in YOW, but YOW-LGA got canceled so AC decided to reissue for Saturday (originally today's flight)

Now I called United and (with a 16 minute hold) got this rebooked onto YOW-IAD-LGA for today, but some better options seems to have opened up.

The airports LGA and IAD are listed as irrops exceptions, but when I try to rebook online, there is no change fee but charge for fare difference (~400).

Do I have to call UA to do this/why can't I do this myself? Holding with UA is miserable, even though this person is Gold.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:30 am

You have to call for these changes. United.com is no where near smart enough to be able to do this.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
United is sometimes smart enough. OP - did you go all the way through to purchase?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Gold
IIRC, despite what it says the fare difference is, one of the confirmation screens will show $0.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by 323power
IIRC, despite what it says the fare difference is, one of the confirmation screens will show $0.
+1, usually when you get to the end it won't ask you to pay and will just show $0.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
sometimes also best to leave well enough alone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.