Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MM roll call thread: UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA offers a way to earn status based on accumulative (lifetime) flight.
Lifetime Premier status

The Million Miler program grants lifetime Premier status to all qualifying members, even if they fly less in the future. Lifetime miles are earned based on the flight distance of United- and United Express®-operated flights. Basic Economy tickets do not earn lifetime flight miles.
(How are "lifetime miles" calculated for MileagePlus?)
Here are the status benefits of the Million Miler program:

You can earn (the old fashioned way, same thresholds) higher status, but with MMers status, you will never fall below the MMer status level.
Annual companion Premier status

As a Million Miler, you may invite your spouse or significant other to share your current Premier status. This membership is nontransferable and will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise.

See companion eligibility terms and conditions at the bottom of this page for more details.

To select or review your companion or to change your companion for the next calendar year, visit united.com/MMcompanion.
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I get a "permanent / lifetime" card?

No, you get an annual card, as everyone else does. It will have an MM insignia. A permanent card would not make sense because you may earn a higher status than your MMer status.

Do I need to do anything to maintain MMer status? Recent flights? 4 segments? some PQMs or PQDs

No, you need to do nothing.

Will 2MM flyers receive 2 RPUs annually?

Yes: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21007782-post85.html :

Originally Posted by UA Insider

All 3 Million Milers will receive 6 GPUs at the beginning of 2015, unless they were already earned through the published criteria.
Similarly, 2 Million Milers will receive 2 RPUs at the beginning of 2015, unless already earned by the published criteria.
Will 3MM flyers receive 6 GPUs annually?

Yes. See above.

Since a 3MM flyer is also a 2MM flyer, will 3MM flyers also receive 2 RPUs annually?

According to an email exchange on 1/15/2014 with 1Kvoice as a 3MM LT 1K one should see 6 GPUs and 2 RPUs by end of January if one didn't fly the miles last year. Those xPUs in fact deposited 1/16/2014.

Pre-merger United 1MM flyers were promised two Confirmed Regional upgrades per year. Were they grandfathered into two RPUs per year?

No. And a class action suit claiming this was a breach of contract with pre-merger MM members was denied by a court, so this issue appears to be closed. For more: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...judgmt-ua.html

Pre-merger United 2MM flyers were promised a Red Carpet Club lounge membership for life. Will they be grandfathered into a lifetime United Club membership?

Yes, but they need to call the MileagePlus service center.

I was close to 2MM status before January 1, 2012, and was on a pace to reach 2MM BIS before January 1, 2013. Should I have received a lifetime membership?

Some have. Call the MileagePlus service center.

2 and 3 Million Miler Gift
Changed to RDM bonus in 2020

If I have Million Mile or Beyond status, do I have to fly 4 segments annually on UA/UX metal to keep my status?

Presently, no, for your earned MM status, nothing more is needed. However, if you want a higher elite status than one your Million Mile or Beyond status gives you, then you have to fly the 4 segments and credit to them to M+.

If I have Million Mile or Beyond status, do I have to earn PQDs to keep my status?

Presently, no, for your earned MM status, nothing more is needed. However, if you want a higher elite status than one your Million Mile or Beyond status gives you, then you have to earn the required PQDs for that status. Your Million Mile and Beyond status do not give you a jump start on PQDs, PQMs, or PQSes toward a higher elite status.

Million Mile Program FAQs

Terms and conditions for MileagePlus Million Miler companion benefit

FT thread: Million Miler companion benefit

Frequently Made Points (2012)
  • Many lifetime CO elites made gains with the new program:
    • Lifetime silvers become lifetime golds
    • Infinite elites became lifetime 1Ks
  • Many lifetime UA elites made gains with the new program:
    • The one-time adjustment to recalculate lifetime miles to be equal to lifetime PQM boosted most lifetime totals, and many people were elevated to the first or next tier of the MM program.
    • The companion program benefited most elites.
    • The addition of lifetime platinum to existing 2MMer grandfathered lifetime United Club membership was a benefit for all pre-existing 2MMers.
    • The replacement of lifetime United Club with platinum was a benefit for those people between 1MM and 2MM lifetime miles who valued a higher upgrade priority.
    • For people at or aiming toward 4MM, the introduction of lifetime GS at 4MM
    • Leather luggage tags
  • Many lifetime CO elites had losses with the new program:
    • Moving forward, PQMs do not count toward lifetime status.
  • Many lifetime UA elites had losses with the new program:
    • For 1MM and 2MM elites, the loss of 100% RDM bonus (reduced to 50% and 75% respectively)
    • For 1MM elites, the loss of two annual CR-1s (nka RPUs)
    • For people over 1MM but not "close enough" to 2MM, the loss of the opportunity to get lifetime United Club membership.
    • The loss of one-time gifts of extra SWUs (nka GPUs)
    • The inflation of membership numbers negating the significance of flying an actual one million BIS miles on UA metal, i.e. "Million Mile Flyers"
Related thread: Lifetime status by airline -- attempted summary
Print Wikipost

MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JB123
So I flew over 100,000 miles in 2014 and earned both global and regional upgrades during this year. So I will not get 2 regionals deposited in Jan? But if I flew 70,000 miles I would get the two in Jan?
Correct. Essentially what seems to happen is that in January UA makes a pass across all the flyers and any who are below their lifetime minimum (e.g., only Golds by flying but 2MM LTPP) get bumped back up to their minimum and as a side effect of this any upgrades get issued. So if you are already 1K, then your lifetime Plat status doen'ts do anything for you whereas if you are only a Gold your lifetime Plat status would make you Plat and that would cause 2 RPUs to get issued. The only strange thing to me about this is that as a LT 1K, they give you only 2 RPUs whereas if you had earned 1K by flying you would have gotten 4. Not really complaining about that - just seems odd given that they are essentially trying to give you the minimum benefits of being a 1K via your lifetime status which really are 4 RPUs and 6 GPUs.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
So I have a question...not sure if I should start a new thread on this or just ask it here, so here goes, kind of in sequence.

Approaching 1MM, need about 75K miles.
My CPU success rate goes through the roof. 85%, easily.
I hit 1MM and now NOTHING--less than 10%.
Before I would be on the top of the CPU list, now I'm 5th or even 8th or 11th.
Same fares (often E, B, M) as before, FWIW.

Anyone else see this before? I spent $50K this year (average around 40K/year), and, since hitting 1MM, get treated like a leper.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:58 am
grt

I think the explanation to fastfxr's question is that upgrades are getting harder for everyone (particularly on certain routes). See all the forums about TOD's for evidence. Retirement of the UA 757-200's (which have 24 F seats) is another big factor. My upgrade rate this year is ~ 20% (even with certificates).
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by JDT1955
I just crossed 4MM flying back from DXB last week. I mentioned it to the flight service manager, but nuthin'. Oh, well...still waiting for the congratulatory e-mail, too.
Interesting, I got my 1mm DXB-IAD in 2008.
And now I just booked the flight that will take me past 2mm, you guessed it DXB-IAD in Jan!
And I don't fly that often to DXB - much more to NRT, HKG & Europe...just random coincidence I guess.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For a new MM, when does one expect to receive the SWUs (or whatever they're called now)?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chexfan
For a new MM, when does one expect to receive the SWUs (or whatever they're called now)?
Just becoming a first time 1MM does not get any GPU's (SWU's) anymore. UA eliminated that benefit a couple years ago.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You can always expect, but you'll never receive...Here' a link to the current benefits (or look at the answer in the wiki):

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../lifetime.aspx

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Dec 19, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Those days are loooooong gone. Lifetime does not mean lifetime anymore.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Blech.

Thanks Baze, IAH-OIL-TRASH, & LASUA1K
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Annual RPUs

Any 2MMers out there (who didn't make 75K PQM) get their RPUs yet?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
As a 3MM haven't yet seen RPUs or GPUs. For reference though last year they deposited (according to my statement) on 1/16.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pdx1M
As a 3MM haven't yet seen RPUs or GPUs. For reference though last year they deposited (according to my statement) on 1/16.
Good to know...figured it would take a little bit (though I'm guessing the programming logic couldn't be THAT hard to make it instantaneous ). Will check back mid-month.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Still nothing as of today, Jan 5.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: ua 1k,3mm, Hyatt Diamond,SPG
Should I be getting 6 GPU's annually as new 3MM flyer?

I am a new 3 Million Miler. Since I get 1k status each year should I also be getting the GPU's as well?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jcgiraffe
I am a new 3 Million Miler. Since I get 1k status each year should I also be getting the GPU's as well?
A 3MM is a "lifetime" 1K and will receive the 6 GPUs --- IF they had not otherwise earned 1K status.

So if you earned 100K PQM, meet the requirements for 1K and receive 6 GPUs, you will not received 6 additional GPUs for 3MM status. If you don't not earn 1K status, then you will receive the 6 GPUs

Reports re UA has not yet distributed the annual MM benefits (but will "soon"??)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.