Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Print Wikipost

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
was at the LGA UC yesterday. still serving smirnoff there. the beers are the same too. flying out of ORD today and EWR tomorrow so i'll check there. i'm guessing this is some sort of phased roll out.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Halo117
I like canadian club...its what they serve on domestic F on AA, UA and DL
We're not all going to all get what we like (our first preference).

Hopefully, there is something acceptable though.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
At IAD c7 now, they have a meeting tomorrow they said about it, rumor is only wine will be comped, that's new.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
was at the LGA UC yesterday. still serving smirnoff there. the beers are the same too. flying out of ORD today and EWR tomorrow so i'll check there. i'm guessing this is some sort of phased roll out.
My guess is they're depleting their stocks of the decent stuff and gradually replacing it with the crap.

E.g., at LAX this morning all of the regular options are still there but the Smirnoff, which has been replaced with something called McCormack.

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
At IAD c7 now, they have a meeting tomorrow they said about it, rumor is only wine will be comped, that's new.
Hope that's not true. If it is, it contradicts what United said in its Orwellian "improving the United Club" email about "maintaining a selection of complimentary beer, spirits and wines."

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 5, 2013 at 11:10 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:08 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by salesna
Hope that's not true. If it is, it contradicts what United said in its Orwellian "improving the United Club" email about "maintaining a selection of complimentary beer, spirits and wines."
No you interpreted it incorrectly: it's "Complimentary beer" and also "spirits and wines" [(hopefully) kidding]
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
E.g., at LAX this morning all of the regular options are still there but the Smirnoff, which has been replaced with something called McCormack
I'll be at LAX T7 UC tonight so will see if anything else has been depleted (though I do know they have a Glenfiddich tasting 1pm-5pm so maybe I'll catch the tail end of that).

As for McCormack, according to a google search it sells for $15.99/handle compared to the aforementioned Bellows (reportedly at a UC at ORD) which sells for $8.99/liter ($13.99/handle) so I think we should consider ourselves lucky that LAX was allowed to have the more premium McCormack

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 5, 2013 at 1:14 pm Reason: updated with correct information
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
I'll be at LAX T7 UC tonight so will see if anything else has been depleted (though I do know they have a Glenfiddich tasting 1pm-5pm so maybe I'll catch the tail end of that).

As for McCormack, according to a google search it sells for $15.99/handle compared to the aforementioned Bellows (reportedly at a UC at ORD) which sells for $8.99/handle so I think we should consider ourselves lucky that LAX was allowed to have the more premium McCormack
Umm, where does one find Bellows for $8.99 a handle (1.75L)?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
SFO T3 seemed normal still this morning, and I'm at LAS right now which also seems normal in terms of offerings on the "complimentary shelves" and the taps.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
No you interpreted it incorrectly: it's "Complimentary beer" and also "spirits and wines" [(hopefully) kidding]
That's certainly possible. Apparently I misinterpreted the email a United CSR sent me last week flatly denying that there were any plans to downgrade the complimentary drinks.

Originally Posted by aacharya
Umm, where does one find Bellows for $8.99 a handle (1.75L)?
You can get it here for $8.99 per liter.

This message brought to you by Bellows vodka, the choice of discerning fraternities and alcoholics everywhere.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 5, 2013 at 1:10 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
You can get it here for $8.99 per liter.

This message brought to you by Bellows vodka, the choice of discerning fraternities and alcoholics everywhere.
Umm, a liter is not a handle. What urban dictionary are you using?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Umm, a liter is not a handle. What urban dictionary are you using?
I know. That's why I said "per liter," not "per handle."
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:53 pm

I know. That's why I said "per liter," not "per handle."
Yes, but the OP (not you) said this same price, per handle, which caused this confusion.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Yes, but the OP (not you) said this same price, per handle, which caused this confusion.
True. Perhaps the OP's superior Internet sleuthing skills enabled him to find this premium product at an even lower price than I could.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:59 pm

True. Perhaps the OP's superior Internet sleuthing skills enabled him to find this premium product at an even lower price than I could.

Perhaps (s)he just drank less of it than you did!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO

Perhaps (s)he just drank less of it than you did!
Not me -- I considered the Bellows but decided to treat myself to a shot of paint thinner instead. I was hoping for wood alcohol, but unfortunately that's on the UC premium menu and I'm too cheap to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.