Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new RECARO seats UA is installing?
I love them
1.83%
They are okay
9.57%
I am indifferent
6.31%
I don't really like them
20.98%
I hate them
48.07%
I've not tried them yet / no opinion
13.24%
Voters: 491. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Had my second flight, they are worse than the 737's! 4 hour flight was awful, at least wifi worked most of the time and allowed me to not remember the pain.
Worse than the old/current 737 seats or the new slimline 737 seats?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
OMG

You know that an airplane seat is uncomfortable when you are immediately not happy when you sit down. Are they kidding? These "enhanced" seats are an abomination. I hated, hated, hated them.

AND don't get me started on the ridiculous tiny mesh storage thing. Where the heck are passengers supposed to put stuff? Good luck getting more than a stick of chewing gum in these poor excuses for a seatback pocket.

I miss CO. I hate UA. Nothing good ever happens anymore with UA. Everything is bad . . .
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by mduell
Worse than the old/current 737 seats or the new slimline 737 seats?
Old, haven't tried the new ones but will be on a UA 737-900 in a day. Do those have the new seats?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Meh... after going back and forth about four times this week between IAH and DCA on the reconfigured Airbii, I'm going to have to say - I don't mind these seats one bit.

I ddidn't have any issues with my backside in spasm, legs rotting off from gangrene, or developing deep vain thrombosis. In fact, suvived intact!

I think most of you are just too spoiled from sitting in F on most of your domestic legs...

The IFE, on the other hand...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Old, haven't tried the new ones but will be on a UA 737-900 in a day. Do those have the new seats?
I think they are a different slimline model... no?

To be fair (I think it was mentioned on this thread or maybe an interview), the decision for to choose the seats and slimline the Airbiis was done PMUA. It's just getting done now...

However, I agree that they are terrible.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 15, 2014 at 3:42 am Reason: deleted post
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
I think they are a different slimline model... no?

To be fair (I think it was mentioned on this thread or maybe an interview), the decision for to choose the seats and slimline the Airbiis was done PMUA. It's just getting done now...

However, I agree that they are terrible.
I'll be on aircraft 3801 ORD-SAN on Thursday. I'll report back.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by goalie
You are correct as to zero recline for row 20 and that is pretty much the same story across the fleet for the first of the two exit rows (row 20) so my rule of thumb for the 319 & 320 is to opt for row 7 first, then row 21 followed by any e+ aisle
Thanks - I didn't see this thread before so good to know!

Cheers.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:46 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
They were fine today. I had a 737-900 from EWR-PBI. We left more or less on-time in heavy rain, and landed 4 min late. Both of us upgraded, both got meal choice, both plied with alcohol from take off to touchdown, bags at claim before we got there...

Seems fine to me
I'll see your anecdote and raise you another. My wife's flight is ~1.5 hours late getting in today ... because, 12 hours earlier, the flight had an hour's delay. With CO's aggressive, unrealistic utilization and turn scheduling, that meant no chance to recover throughout the day. And UA's systems don't even admit the delay exists; it still says "on time" despite the fact the inbound plane isn't due for another 45 minutes and the original departure passed 20 minutes ago.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
In-laws hated the new Airbus seats...

They flew from SEA-ORD in Row 7 and said that the seats were really uncomfortable. My father in law is 6'2" and my mother in law is 5' 5". They fly ORD-SEA 4-5 times a year and a few other destinations always paying for an E+ (no status).

They said that they'll book American for their next trip...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by ckjmglee
They flew from SEA-ORD in Row 7 and said that the seats were really uncomfortable. My father in law is 6'2" and my mother in law is 5' 5". They fly ORD-SEA 4-5 times a year and a few other destinations always paying for an E+ (no status).

They said that they'll book American for their next trip...
I think AA is putting them in too. Eventually all airlines will have these low and short seats. They are awful seats.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Flew IAD-DEN last night, exit row 21F. The second I sat down of the seat I was reminded of a Jetstream 41 seat. Being kind, its about as comfortable as a CRJ-700 E seat. Best of all, wi-fi didnt work, FA's say they have no control over it and can't even re-boot the system. Then to top my day off, FA moved someone from back of plane to middle seat of exit row who had a wrap around their knee. It wasn't until much later into the flight that I noticed about 10 empty rows of E- seats. Many middle seats in E+ open. Lovely flying day.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
On #4285. No crap seats in Y thank god but they already ripped out the video screens and wifi not working. What a joke.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I flew DEN-PHL on Monday on a 320 with the new seats. I sat in 21F and my seat was at least 1.5" less deep than the middle. I mean REALLY shallow seat depth. Horrible even for a smaller person.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by elitefreak
You know that an airplane seat is uncomfortable when you are immediately not happy when you sit down. Are they kidding? These "enhanced" seats are an abomination. I hated, hated, hated them.

AND don't get me started on the ridiculous tiny mesh storage thing. Where the heck are passengers supposed to put stuff? Good luck getting more than a stick of chewing gum in these poor excuses for a seatback pocket.

I miss CO. I hate UA. Nothing good ever happens anymore with UA. Everything is bad . . .
This is PMCO management running the show, making changes to a PMUA aircraft. So its CO that is ruining "UA," not the other way around. Can't believe they tried to get rid of E+ once...lol what a joke.
It's PMCO that got rid of "F" class on P.s. routes, a PMUA route/aircraft.

However, we are actively exploring options to bring Channel 9 to Wi-Fi equipped aircraft. Moreover, we remain committed to this product across much of the rest of our fleet, including all international long-haul and p.s. aircraft featuring on-demand entertainment.
Still waiting for that Channel 9 on the 787s...oh wait lol.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
This is PMCO management running the show, making changes to a PMUA aircraft. So its CO that is ruining "UA," not the other way around.
Which of these two is true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.