Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

A look at SFO T3 Progress - "As nice or nicer than T2"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A look at SFO T3 Progress - "As nice or nicer than T2"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Thank you for the heads up.
No problem! After reading this story, I wonder if those vendors are being displaced for the new GS lobby.

Originally Posted by puls
Stopped at Urban Tortilla before my flight today from gate 60. It's bad news. Horrible service, bad food, and even more outrageously priced than the rest of the airport. $10.75 for a small burrito. Andalé is way better and cheaper to boot.
Yikes, good to know.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by puls
Stopped at Urban Tortilla before my flight today from gate 60. It's bad news. Horrible service, bad food, and even more outrageously priced than the rest of the airport. $10.75 for a small burrito. Andalé is way better and cheaper to boot.
Klein's Deli is probably a better bet. The sandwiches aren't cheap, but I found the one I had in T3F (a Fillmore -- think 'Reuben') and the one in T3E (an Embarcadero) to be good quality. The baked goods I tried from Dogpatch (a chocolate "croissant" and a chocolate chip bar) didn't overwhelm me, but I'll try a few more items before arriving at a conclusion.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spectre17
The baked goods I tried from Dogpatch (a chocolate "croissant" and a chocolate chip bar) didn't overwhelm me, but I'll try a few more items before arriving at a conclusion.
Thank you, for sacrificing your waistline in the name of research!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
A little off-topic, but maybe somebody can help me. I'm flying domestically out of SFO today, but my departure gate is showing as 92, an international terminal gate. I have a bag to check. Where do I check in? TIA
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by demosthenes1
A little off-topic, but maybe somebody can help me. I'm flying domestically out of SFO today, but my departure gate is showing as 92, an international terminal gate. I have a bag to check. Where do I check in? TIA
You can check in at the domestic check-in area, as usual. After you clear premier security, take the corridor that connects T3 to the International terminal and you'll be near gate 92 and the international UC.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
You can check in at the domestic check-in area, as usual. After you clear premier security, take the corridor that connects T3 to the International terminal and you'll be near gate 92 and the international UC.
Thank you!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Centurion Lounge

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
The lease is public record, and is posted here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/206140817/...al-Airport-SFO

I am not that familiar with the terminal, but there are diagrams of the location on pages 53-54 of the PDF.
Looking at the images, I cannot determine where this is.

Much less whether access is land side or air side.

From the document:

"Reimbursement of the construction costs to build an elevator and stairwell between the lobby and mezzanine level of the club."

Lobby on the departure level

$2.9M to prepare the space (City spend this? Or AMEX?)

$8K annual rent 'initial promotional charge"

Open 16 hours per day, 7 days per week
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:21 pm

Looking at the images, I cannot determine where this is.
The very last page (Exhibit D) outlines related work involving demolition of the old Burger King. That would place it next to the (soon-to-be-former) Premier security across from gate 75, correct? (That would also dispel my above speculation about the other food places being closed closer to the E concourse as being related to AmEx.)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
The very last page (Exhibit D) outlines related work involving demolition of the old Burger King. That would place it next to the (soon-to-be-former) Premier security across from gate 75, correct? (That would also dispel my above speculation about the other food places being closed closer to the E concourse as being related to AmEx.)
I went through the entire document and missed the last page!

Couple of things:

1) It is not 'soon to be former' premier security. It is 'soon to be expanded to 6 lanes' premier security. I have not transited recently, is this open yet?

2) There is a temporary United Club going in the new T3E area as well, which may have been what led to the closure of the other food places.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Went through T3 twice last week on connections. Overall nice and definitely an improvement over the older terminal (which I never really found to be that bad. Its not IAD...)

Maybe I walk fast, but this is only a 6 or 7 minute walk...
Given UA's obsession with boarding inefficiently (and therefore very early) if you come in/depart from the new terminal with a sub 1 hour connection a stop at the club is not feasible.

Klein's Deli is probably a better bet.
Avoid the breakfast/egg sandwich at Klein's. Horrible.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:19 pm

I went through the entire document and missed the last page!

Couple of things:

1) It is not 'soon to be former' premier security. It is 'soon to be expanded to 6 lanes' premier security. I have not transited recently, is this open yet?
I guess I was confused by the new GS lobby going in near T3E. So, that will be separated entirely from the Premier lobby? Will the new security lanes on that end be GS and general only (no Premier queue)? Or did I imagine that entirely and the new GS lobby will be exactly where GS go now (and where the current Premier security is expanding)? No, the expansion is not open yet.

2) There is a temporary United Club going in the new T3E area as well, which may have been what led to the closure of the other food places.
That would make sense. ^

Originally Posted by belynch
Avoid the breakfast/egg sandwich at Klein's. Horrible.
Breakfast sandwiches are surprisingly hard to come by in T3 (Jeff McMuffins aside). That's the one thing I found Burger King useful for. Lori's Diner is only good if you want to sit and eat a big plate. Andale works if you fancy a breakfast burrito.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

I guess I was confused by the new GS lobby going in near T3E. So, that will be separated entirely from the Premier lobby? Will the new security lanes on that end be GS and general only (no Premier queue)? Or did I imagine that entirely and the new GS lobby will be exactly where GS go now (and where the current Premier security is expanding)? No, the expansion is not open yet.
Next time (later this week) I go through T3, I am going to bring a laser distance finder to measure this out and figure out exactly where everything will be located.

Hopefully I can post the information to flyertalk before I am arrested.

I am not cancelling my AMEX Plat card just yet, solely due to the Centurion lounge here.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Breakfast sandwiches are surprisingly hard to come by in T3 (Jeff McMuffins aside). That's the one thing I found Burger King useful for. Lori's Diner is only good if you want to sit and eat a big plate. Andale works if you fancy a breakfast burrito.
What about Boudin Bakery? I haven't flown out on an early-morning flight in a while, but I feel like I remember getting a nice breakfast sammich there...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Will the new security lanes on that end be GS and general only (no Premier queue)? Or did I imagine that entirely and the new GS lobby will be exactly where GS go now (and where the current Premier security is expanding)?
I believe I read that the Premier insecurity line (and I assume PreCheck) will be moving to the central area.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA G
This is my standard breakfast item at SFO. Nothing keeps you filled quite like the potatoes, eggs, and chorizo in Andale's breakfast burrito.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.