Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

A look at SFO T3 Progress - "As nice or nicer than T2"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQoZX...layer_embedded

"A LOOK AT TERMINAL 3 PROGRESS. SFO has produced a video providing a virtual hardhat tour of the new Boarding Area E at United’s Terminal 3, which is due to open earlier next year. Some interesting facts picked up in the video: The glassy new terminal should be as nice or nicer than SFO’s award winning Terminal 2 (home to Virgin America and American). Expect very wide corridors, high ceilings, giant picture windows with dramatic ramp views, a new “information terrace” at the entryway, environmentally sustainable design and local food vendors."

http://thebat-sf.com/2013/04/29/new-...Traveler%29%29

Plus, direct flights to CDG have recommenced... More evidence of UA / *A world leading route network...

"On Friday afternoon, United recommenced nonstop service between SFO and Paris-CDG. (United discontinued SFO-CDG nonstops in Oct 2005.) Flight 990 departs San Francisco daily at 2:45 p.m. and arrives at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport at 10:45 a.m. the next day. For the return, flight 991 departs Paris at 10:05 a.m. and arrives in San Francisco at 1 p.m. the same day. United operates this new service with Boeing 767-300 aircraft, which offer 30 flat-bed business class seats, 49 seats in Economy Plus and 135 seats in standard economy. The BusinessFirst cabin (configured 2-1-2) includes 15.4-inch touchscreen monitors for personal on-demand entertainment, electrical and USB outlets, iPod jacks and five-course meals. Each seat in Economy features a 9-inch touchscreen with personal on-demand entertainment, and all rows (configured 2-3-2) include access to electrical outlets. Book and fly United to Paris by May 31, and you’ll earn some tidy Mileage Plus bonuses. "

"Earn up to 100% more miles when you fly our new nonstop between San Francisco and Paris"

http://www.united.com//web/en-US/app...omoCode=TB5M05
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM
Originally Posted by LarkSFO

Plus, direct flights to CDG have recommenced... More evidence of UA / *A world leading route network...

"On Friday afternoon, United recommenced nonstop service between SFO and Paris-CDG. (United discontinued SFO-CDG nonstops in Oct 2005.) Flight 990 departs San Francisco daily at 2:45 p.m. and arrives at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport at 10:45 a.m. the next day. For the return, flight 991 departs Paris at 10:05 a.m. and arrives in San Francisco at 1 p.m. the same day.

Yup... flew the inaugural CDG>SFO flight and got some interesting UA swag!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
That's a bold statement. T2 is light-years ahead of T3 right now so very interested to see what comes out of the refurb. Will also enjoy not having to take the shuttle anymore
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by liddy0021
Yup... flew the inaugural CDG>SFO flight and got some interesting UA swag!
Do tell...
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
That's a bold statement. T2 is light-years ahead of T3 right now so very interested to see what comes out of the refurb. Will also enjoy not having to take the shuttle anymore
I can't wait for them to redo Boarding Area F. When E opens it should be possible to do in stages so not sure we are done with the buses just yet.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I doubt F will be re-doable.... SFO is way too over-crowded with UA now...

for the time they've been working on it I'd also expect them to have made a lot more progress. Curious when its going to finally get done!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by entropy
I doubt F will be re-doable.... SFO is way too over-crowded with UA now...

for the time they've been working on it I'd also expect them to have made a lot more progress. Curious when its going to finally get done!
Per video: Area E reopening 'Early 2014'
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by snowed
I can't wait for them to redo Boarding Area F. When E opens it should be possible to do in stages so not sure we are done with the buses just yet.
What makes you say that they will redo F?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Will UA have a Red Carpet Club on this side? I subscribe to the BAT blog - good way to keep up on what's happening at SFO.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:52 pm
21A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Can't believe they're missing the opportunity to do an airside connector between T2 and T3. I don't know how much of the day T2 gates are unused or if they are even set up for common use, but if so, a connector could allow UA to use them for peak time overflow.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM
It was a Moleskin-type journal, laminated SF street map, cellphone/sunglasses cleaner cloth, United chocolates, etc.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 21A
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Can't believe they're missing the opportunity to do an airside connector between T2 and T3. I don't know how much of the day T2 gates are unused or if they are even set up for common use, but if so, a connector could allow UA to use them for peak time overflow.
Might cause too much overflow from the UC to the AC, a la IAD (with the LH lounge)
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by liddy0021
It was a Moleskin-type journal
Moleskine.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 21A
Yeah, I'm sure AA and VX would let UA use those T2 gates.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

With E open, will the UX RJ circle of doom in T1 be consol back to T3?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.