Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by spaceman
Question on the 764 BF seats - are they approved for under seat (at your feet) storage during takeoff and landing?
Originally Posted by Kacee
No. I don't believe any UA BF seat is technically approved for underseat stowage.
Understood, but the question was whether it's "approved." I don't believe that space is technically "approved" for stowage (but please correct me if I'm wrong).
On my recent IAD-MUC flight the FAs didn't say anything to the people who had stuff tucked against the seat in front of them. Don't know what the official word is.

BTW, for those who need airflow the sCO 767-400 does NOT have individual air nozzles.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
This thread is surprisingly light on information about seats in Y. Bizarrely light.

Please to rank the following sets of seats:

- 16ABKL
- 16DEF
- 28AL
- 26BK
- 26DEF
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
This is a better flight 767-400 than AA 767-300 for Hawaii, as it's flat bed, and the 767-300 is angled flat, which I hate. ANyone have any experience on both planes?

I would greatly appreciate it.

rodsren
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:48 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Where to sit on 764 [767-400] (new config)?

I have flown both in J to Europe. UA definitely has the edge due to the lie flat benefit. The service was about the same on both.

AA is said to be upgrading their angled lie flat seats to fully flat, but this may take some time until they iron out the new merged fleet.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PHL
I have flown both in J to Europe. UA definitely has the edge due to the lie flat benefit. The service was about the same on both.

AA is said to be upgrading their angled lie flat seats to fully flat, but this may take some time until they iron out the new merged fleet.
The seat on the 764 is very nice, if a little short for sleeping. Be aware though that UA has cut service on the Hawaii flights to the bone and food service is minimal. Pick that aircraft for the seat, not the service. Eat before you board and bring your own snacks.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:50 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by spaceman
Question on the 764 BF seats - are they approved for under seat (at your feet) storage during takeoff and landing?
No. I don't believe any UA BF seat is technically approved for underseat stowage.
For PMCO BF seats, you can store things underneath the ottoman in the footwell during takeoff and landing.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PTahCha
For PMCO BF seats, you can store things underneath the ottoman in the footwell during takeoff and landing.
I think you're right. I looked for a "you can't do this" sign on my last 764 flight and there wasn't one.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I think you're right. I looked for a "you can't do this" sign on my last 764 flight and there wasn't one.
You can definitely do this on the 764 and probably on the sCO 772 as well. Does the two-class 763 have these seats?

I'm with Kacee - the sign says no stowage on top of the ottoman or on the shelf below the IFE during takeoff/landing.

C on the three-class 763 (and presumably the three-class 772), no stowage at your seat at all. Or is there a small cubby somewhere?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lensman
You can definitely do this on the 764 and probably on the sCO 772 as well. Does the two-class 763 have these seats?
IDK about the 763, but you can add the 787 BF section to the list.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
What's best between 16A or 28A? I can't really tell, I don't really like the idea of having a protruding door (28A), but at the same time I don't know if 16A will be enough room (I'm 6.2")...any suggestion??
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:55 am

EWR-HNL 767-400 E+ question (also posted in EWR-HNL thread but no response)

So, our RPU being applied and cleared is looking like it prob will be a no-go since there are currently 5 seats left in F and 3 weeks left to sell them or upgrade sell them... (and they have moved F seats for this flight. they sold 6 tix last week from what I can tell from the seat /fare class availablilty)

With that said, just trying to really get my head around sitting in E+ for 11 hours and 30 mins (+/- any delays in EWR prior to takeoff).

I haven't flown on this long of a duration flight before and am hearing from those that have, that getting cabin/stir crazy is something that absolutely happens-even if the reward is the beauty of Hawaii . Ive been on flights EWR to LAX and that was no big deal.. but this is twice that flight in time/distance.

So... questions on E+ for UA15-

How comfortable are the seats ?

Have they changed to the new slim seats? (I flew that EWR to PHX in Economy in Dec and it was alright-a little extra legroom but also a little less padding while flying. I didnt feel bad about reclining my seat however....)

I read there is power at the seat-is that per seat or is it shared?

I know they are pretty stingy with food nowadays and read to bring our own (or pay for a flight sandwich in a box...) but that they will continue to offer drinks/water. Is that correct?

Is there anything else we should know? Is there a better row in E+ for comfort? 16 is already gone but we are in 17 at present in a 2 seat row (and there are already seats behind us taken as well so I will need to be as courteous as possible for 11 hours.. sure hope the folks in front in 16 are as well-but understand we all paid for our comfort and can do as they wish)

I haven't flown E+ in a while and it was on shorter flights so not sure what to expect...

My husband is over 6ft so also wanted to be aware for him as well since often the tray tables are in his knees in standard Economy (and didnt know what the E+ on this bird may or may not buy him with comfort).

Still wishing for our upgrade but know we will be battling the P Bucket all the way to the gate (let alone what they may do with the tens of dollars purchase upgrade)

thanks for your information.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
28DEF i notice is available and has really been the last choice of all the E+ seats. Im debating a regular seat (34DEF) and 28DEF, but im curious, is there a reason noone is taking those seats?

im specifically referring to the 767-400ER (UA15)

Last edited by njxbean; Jan 18, 2014 at 6:18 am
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by njxbean
28DEF i notice is available and has really been the last choice of all the E+ seats.
What do you mean "has really been the last choice"?
Im debating a regular seat (34DEF) and 28DEF, but im curious, is there a reason noone is taking those seats?

im specifically referring to the 767-400ER (UA15)
I was very happy with 28D when I flew it in November FRA-EWR. Lots of legroom (but I am short) but, as noted, bulkhead so no underseat storage. It is "right" behind the lavs but this didn't seem to have the downsides I thought it would. Maybe that's because I'm losing my sense of smell as I get older?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:05 am

764 E+ Seats - 16B, 17A or 28

Hi all, wow its been like 10 years since I've posted! Finally after that long I'm flying over the pond ZRH-EWR. Tried to find a thread with this specificity but couldn't. I generally like windows to sleep against. I'm choosing an E+ seat 16AB or 28B. I'm 6'3 and skinny. 16A seems good but is legroom restricted? Thinking 16B better due to no lavatory congestion and traffic and maybe can stick my feet in the aisle towards the lavs. But is 16 better than any other E+ seat, (say 17A where I get window to lean on) for legroom due to the bulkhead? Would love to hear thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited by gregseattle; Mar 2, 2014 at 11:06 am Reason: accuracy
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by gregseattle
Hi all, wow its been like 10 years since I've posted! Finally after that long I'm flying over the pond ZRH-EWR. Tried to find a thread with this specificity but couldn't. I generally like windows to sleep against. I'm choosing an E+ seat 16AB or 28B. I'm 6'3 and skinny. 16A seems good but is legroom restricted? Thinking 16B better due to no lavatory congestion and traffic and maybe can stick my feet in the aisle towards the lavs. But is 16 better than any other E+ seat, (say 17A where I get window to lean on) for legroom due to the bulkhead? Would love to hear thoughts. Thanks!
where-sit-764-767-400-new-config.html

There seems to be a slight preference for row 28 over row 16.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.