Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 6, 18, 4:58 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seat map (39 lie flat/70E+/133E- configuration)



Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 18, 12, 1:40 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,061
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find the "Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)" thread, but can't find it anywhere. Does one exist?

If not, any suggestions on where to sit on this bird in the forward cabin?
GBadger is offline  
Old Dec 18, 12, 1:42 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Posts: 9,198
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find the "Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)" thread, but can't find it anywhere. Does one exist?

If not, any suggestions on where to sit on this bird in the forward cabin?
All the seats are the same except row 1 which has larger foot wells (comparable to every other PMCO BF configuration).
SEA1K4EVR is offline  
Old Dec 18, 12, 1:47 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,061
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR View Post
All the seats are the same except row 1 which has larger foot wells (comparable to every other PMCO BF configuration).
So row 1 is the place to be? It's right near the lavs, correct?
What about middle (single seat) vs. sides? I'm doing 2 daytime flights (ZRH-EWR and EWR-IAH), so I'm trying to figure out what will work best (or if it matters).

Thanks for any insight!
GBadger is offline  
Old Dec 18, 12, 1:48 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore/YYZ
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,324
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
So row 1 is the place to be? It's right near the lavs, correct?
What about middle (single seat) vs. sides? I'm doing 2 daytime flights (ZRH-EWR and EWR-IAH), so I'm trying to figure out what will work best (or if it matters).

Thanks for any insight!
Middle seat is the best, privacy wise. Not the best for carts and people hitting you on both sides of the aisle.
aacharya is offline  
Old Dec 18, 12, 1:50 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Posts: 5,642
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
"Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)"
I suggest mods rename this thread accordingly, if no similar thread exists.
drewguy is online now  
Old Dec 18, 12, 3:24 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,061
Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
I suggest mods rename this thread accordingly, if no similar thread exists.
Fine with me -- I'll put in a request.
GBadger is offline  
Old Dec 18, 12, 4:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DEN
Programs: UA Plat 1MM, SPG Plat
Posts: 2,181
Related recent discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...767-400er.html
FortFun is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 8:47 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the gate area on a flight delay
Programs: UA Million Miler, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Motel 6 Tin
Posts: 1,093
What's It Like in BusinessFirst on a 764?

Taking my wife to Paris in July for our anniversary. Booked award seats in BusinessFirst EWR-CDG and back. What's it like? Seat recommendations? TIA.
HonestABE is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 8:51 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dubai / NYC
Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Posts: 5,220
Originally Posted by HonestABE View Post
Taking my wife to Paris in July for our anniversary. Booked award seats in BusinessFirst EWR-CDG and back. What's it like? Seat recommendations? TIA.
I don't like the CO business seats. But others do. You'll get the same flat bed seat with the "too small" cubby hole for your feet as you would on a pmCO 777 or 757. If you've ever flown business on pmCO in. 777 or 757 with flat bed seating, it's the same except 2-1-2 instead of 2-2-2 or 2-2 on the other aircraft
chinatraderjmr is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 8:58 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 19,627
Get the row 1 bulkhead seats if you can
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 8:59 am
  #11  
glx
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Posts: 724
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Get the row 1 bulkhead seats if you can
Just not on the left if you'd like to sleep.
glx is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 9:01 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 19,627
Originally Posted by glx View Post
Just not on the left if you'd like to sleep.
Is that cause the bathroom is there? Good to know - usually do 1KL on the PMCO birds.
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 9:11 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 434
i've been seated in seat 1a a few times. the lav does not adjoin the bulkhead as you might expect. the lav is forward the emergency door such that the lav doesn't become an issue. there is more space in the first row.

if no one is seated in 1b, 1a, i suspect, is the most private seat on the flight.
iker is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 9:34 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WAS
Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LTTE | National Car EE
Posts: 684
the 764 BF seats (at least in the center aisle) are narrower and shorter than the PMCO 772 BF seats. specs on UA.com seem to support that. i'm 5'10 / slim. if the footwells are like the bulkheads ones on the PMCO 772 BF seats, try to go for those.
eleeut is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 10:40 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LA
Posts: 7,128
Originally Posted by glx View Post
Just not on the left if you'd like to sleep.
Originally Posted by iker View Post
i've been seated in seat 1a a few times. the lav does not adjoin the bulkhead as you might expect. the lav is forward the emergency door such that the lav doesn't become an issue. there is more space in the first row.

if no one is seated in 1b, 1a, i suspect, is the most private seat on the flight.
Wait, which is better 1 A/B or 1 K/L? I would think K/L would be worse than A/B.
anc-ord772 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread