FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

GBadger Dec 18, 12 2:40 pm

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find the "Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)" thread, but can't find it anywhere. Does one exist?

If not, any suggestions on where to sit on this bird in the forward cabin?

SEA1K4EVR Dec 18, 12 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 19881175)
I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find the "Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)" thread, but can't find it anywhere. Does one exist?

If not, any suggestions on where to sit on this bird in the forward cabin?

All the seats are the same except row 1 which has larger foot wells (comparable to every other PMCO BF configuration).

GBadger Dec 18, 12 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR (Post 19881192)
All the seats are the same except row 1 which has larger foot wells (comparable to every other PMCO BF configuration).

So row 1 is the place to be? It's right near the lavs, correct?
What about middle (single seat) vs. sides? I'm doing 2 daytime flights (ZRH-EWR and EWR-IAH), so I'm trying to figure out what will work best (or if it matters).

Thanks for any insight!

aacharya Dec 18, 12 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 19881217)
So row 1 is the place to be? It's right near the lavs, correct?
What about middle (single seat) vs. sides? I'm doing 2 daytime flights (ZRH-EWR and EWR-IAH), so I'm trying to figure out what will work best (or if it matters).

Thanks for any insight!

Middle seat is the best, privacy wise. Not the best for carts and people hitting you on both sides of the aisle.

drewguy Dec 18, 12 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 19881175)
"Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)"

I suggest mods rename this thread accordingly, if no similar thread exists.

GBadger Dec 18, 12 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 19881242)
I suggest mods rename this thread accordingly, if no similar thread exists.

Fine with me -- I'll put in a request.

FortFun Dec 18, 12 5:48 pm

Related recent discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...767-400er.html

HonestABE Jan 19, 13 9:47 am

What's It Like in BusinessFirst on a 764?

Taking my wife to Paris in July for our anniversary. Booked award seats in BusinessFirst EWR-CDG and back. What's it like? Seat recommendations? TIA.

chinatraderjmr Jan 19, 13 9:51 am

Originally Posted by HonestABE (Post 20081631)
Taking my wife to Paris in July for our anniversary. Booked award seats in BusinessFirst EWR-CDG and back. What's it like? Seat recommendations? TIA.

I don't like the CO business seats. But others do. You'll get the same flat bed seat with the "too small" cubby hole for your feet as you would on a pmCO 777 or 757. If you've ever flown business on pmCO in. 777 or 757 with flat bed seating, it's the same except 2-1-2 instead of 2-2-2 or 2-2 on the other aircraft

UA-NYC Jan 19, 13 9:58 am

Get the row 1 bulkhead seats if you can

glx Jan 19, 13 9:59 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 20081702)
Get the row 1 bulkhead seats if you can

Just not on the left if you'd like to sleep.

UA-NYC Jan 19, 13 10:01 am

Originally Posted by glx (Post 20081707)

Is that cause the bathroom is there? Good to know - usually do 1KL on the PMCO birds.

iker Jan 19, 13 10:11 am

i've been seated in seat 1a a few times. the lav does not adjoin the bulkhead as you might expect. the lav is forward the emergency door such that the lav doesn't become an issue. there is more space in the first row.

if no one is seated in 1b, 1a, i suspect, is the most private seat on the flight.

eleeut Jan 19, 13 10:34 am

the 764 BF seats (at least in the center aisle) are narrower and shorter than the PMCO 772 BF seats. specs on UA.com seem to support that. i'm 5'10 / slim. if the footwells are like the bulkheads ones on the PMCO 772 BF seats, try to go for those.

anc-ord772 Jan 19, 13 11:40 am

Originally Posted by glx (Post 20081707)

Originally Posted by iker (Post 20081765)
i've been seated in seat 1a a few times. the lav does not adjoin the bulkhead as you might expect. the lav is forward the emergency door such that the lav doesn't become an issue. there is more space in the first row.

if no one is seated in 1b, 1a, i suspect, is the most private seat on the flight.

Wait, which is better 1 A/B or 1 K/L? I would think K/L would be worse than A/B.