Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 11:20 am

767-400 exit row question

My fiance recently had knee surgery and we are traveling on a UA 767-400er in E+. Her knee is in a full extension brace, and we are looking for as much leg room as possible to ease the 8 hour flight we have ahead of us (C is out of the question for us sadly).

We are currently seated in a regular E+ seat, but row 28 DEF are open. How si the leg room in the center section of the exit row?

Thank you.
Old May 25, 2013, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ew-config.html
Old May 26, 2013, 3:25 am

Sadly I do not believe the that answers the question I asked. There is some information on row 16 and 28 b and k, but no information on the center section of row 28. If anyone had flown on this plane before I would appreciate some insight into what the legroom is like in 28 def.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:55 am

So the flyertalk community comes up with a big goose egg on this question. I guess Y questions are no longer the norm around here.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by halcyongolf
So the flyertalk community comes up with a big goose egg on this question. I guess Y questions are no longer the norm around here.
or perhaps responses on a major USA holiday weekend might less robust than normal.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
or perhaps responses on a major USA holiday weekend might less robust than normal.
Reviewing the history of this thread, it seems that there is truly a dearth of information about Y seating on this aircraft.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Reviewing the history of this thread, it seems that there is truly a dearth of information about Y seating on this aircraft.
true there could be more -- was more a comment on the double post within 8 hours
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:24 pm

Advice on E+ Seat selection

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...767_400_ER.php

Flying UA41 (BRU-EWR) and have my choice of seats still... Everything is wide open. I booked row 28 (emergency row) for my wife & I. I'd prefer row 16 (still available) but like the extra leg room that 28 seems to bring at least according to Seat Guru. I'm 6'3".

So what would you guys go with... I'm still debating row 16, less legroom, less bothered by the queue for the bathroom (smaller section), earlier off the plane. Suggestions?

One other question, I'm *G, and I have a connecting flight on Swiss Air and Brussels Airlines. How do I get seat assignments? Or do I just deal with it at the airport? United won't let me do it.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
I can't comment on the seats as I've never flown the 764 but for Swiss and Brussels you will likely need to call them to get seats assigned.

Sometimes you can check your itin for those airline's PNRs, go to their website, pull up the PNR and assign yourself a seat. I would suggest trying this first and if it doesn't work then call those airlines. Either way you'll need the PNR for the respective airline so be sure to locate it first.

Last edited by JDS747; Jul 9, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...767_400_ER.php

Flying UA41 (BRU-EWR) and have my choice of seats still... Everything is wide open. I booked row 28 (emergency row) for my wife & I. I'd prefer row 16 (still available) but like the extra leg room that 28 seems to bring at least according to Seat Guru. I'm 6'3". ...
I would go with 28, will feel less cramped. The extra space for letting someone by is nice.

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
.... I'm *G, and I have a connecting flight on Swiss Air and Brussels Airlines. How do I get seat assignments? Or do I just deal with it at the airport? United won't let me do it.
You need the airline specific PNR for LX and SN. Sometime they are available online in the itin (at the top of the page). Or you can call UA or the specific airlines and ask for it. You have to deal with the specific airlines for seat assignements, UA can not do it. Some inter-european may not have advance seat assignments.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Aug 6, 2013 at 11:33 am Reason: Typo fix
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just flew 764 for the first time today HNL-SFO in 4D (single middle aisle). Nice aircraft (No. 3065), still feels brand new. Seating a bit challenging. The footwell was really small. Definitely going to be a challenge for anyone approaching 6 feet to stretch out fully. I did not like the middle aisle with traffic on both sides and the floor shaking every time someone walked by on either side.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by flymexico2010

Was seated in 16B which is ok, as the entire row 16 but in my opinion the best seats are 28 B+K. These seats have a lot of legroom and no bulkhead which would limitate this legroom.
Any issue being next to the lavs? Also, what about the windows? Are there slides that protrude into the leg space?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:48 am
Suspended

Ewr-hnl 767-400

I'm a 1k and flying on a 767-4 to HNL. I have 2 questions. How good is E+ on these planes? My upgrade ratio has been good so I normally get upgraded. 2nd question do people consider the bulkhead seats the best In coach on this type of metal? I'm 6'4 and hate people reclining into my knees.
"To know me if to fly with me."
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: United Gold
The non-stop EWR-HNL flight is not eligible for CPU. I think you can use an RPU or GPU or miles + copay. I'm 5'9" and I found the BF seats to be just the right size, I think at 6'4" you might still feel squished. If sitting in coach I would go for a bulkhead seat, it's a very long flight.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:53 am
Suspended

Ewr-hnl 767-400

Sorry. I'm new here... CPU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.