Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Anyone? Best Polaris/BF seats on 767?
I prefer the middle seat. Don't have to climb over anyone to get out and no one has to climb over you. Double aisle access - 100% more than the new Polaris
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Anyone? Best Polaris/BF seats on 767?
From your earlier post, I would prefer 1L to 3A. The bulkhead row has a larger footwell, and I am not terribly distracted by the proximity to the galley.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
1A/B. The larger footwells outweigh the potential light/noise from the galley.

You have to stepover from the window. Whether it's a hassle depends on how tall and/or nimble you are.
Can you comment on 1A/B versus 1 K/L
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ronlap
Can you comment on 1A/B versus 1 K/L
I think there's a closet on the A/B side that is not present on the K/L side (which is a positive for K/L). But it's been a while . . . they don't fly these to SFO anymore.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:12 am

Traveling with a 5 month old in Economy and wondering about the legroom in the bulkhead row where the bassinets are used. I think some bulkheads actually have less room so I definitely wouldn't be interested in that. Anyone know? Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:35 am

Does the last row of the plane (row 44) really have limited recline? (I'm interested both in the 2-seat side sections and the 3-seat center section). Seat guru can't always be relied upon. If I have the choice of last row vs. one row up, I'd normally prefer last row as long as it can recline, especially since this is for a red-eye flight.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
On the night flights to Europe, can anyone tell me if the light/noise is an issue for the bulkhead seats in Business? Like the bigger cut outs but wondering if I'm better off a few rows back. Are the FA's usually good about closing the curtain and keeping lights low after meal service?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
can anyone tell me if the light/noise is an issue for the bulkhead seats in Business?
Yes, it is an issue. 1A and 1L will be least affected. Regardless, I'd take a bulkhead and use eyeshades. The seats on this aircraft are otherwise too short for me to sleep comfortably (and I am not tall).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: United/Alaska
16A and 16B

Saw online that Seats 16A/16B are not desirable seats in Premium Economy? Any comments as to why? I understand it is behind the first class lavatory - but any other comments?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Westcoastgirl57
Saw online that Seats 16A/16B are not desirable seats in Premium Economy? Any comments as to why? I understand it is behind the first class lavatory - but any other comments?
First it is Economy Plus, presently UA has no Premium Economy (but may in the future)
SeatGuru's comments need to be taken with a grain of salt. SeatGuru will always flag a row adjacent to a lavatory. In this case, SeatGuru claims a missing window, which is partially correct per this report

Originally Posted by drewguy
All row 16 seats are bulkhead with same legroom. I would say you have more knee room than you would in other rows, but you can't slide feet under seat in front (of course), so that may make it feel less roomy. There's a fair degree of galley noise in Row 16 and 17.

One other note on Row 16AL and 17AL - both have a window gap, meaning that there's only one window instead of two, towards the front of the seat area. The rear is just wall, which means if you lean your head against the wall while sleeping you may prefer it as compared to having a window.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Heads up from Fleet Update thread
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
767-400 CREW rest seats:

767-400 (76S) Crew Rest Changes

Changes to the crew rest areas/seats on our 767-400 (76S) aircraft are being implemented. These crew rest seats are located on aircraft left in the last two rows (42AB & 43AB) of the economy cabin in front of door 4L. Changes have been made to these seats to include:
  1. Airbag Inflatable Seat Belts
  2. Adjustable Seat Controls
  3. PCU in Center Arm Rest
  4. Life Vest Compartment in Center Console
The four (4) seats have a 9” recline capability and are equipped with leg rests.
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Where was it before the reconfiguration?
43 44KL
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: UA
Anybody know what is up with this configuration? Exit row 28 is no longer E+? The lavs aren't displayed anywhere.

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: UA G, DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I can give now some input on best seats on 767-400 after, without even planning I was rebooked on this type of 767 instead of 767-300.

Was seated in 16B which is ok, as the entire row 16 but in my opinion the best seats are 28 B+K. These seats have a lot of legroom and no bulkhead which would limitate this legroom.
It looks like row 28 is surrounded by bathrooms. Still better than PE?

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
16K vs L?

Best choice please and why? Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak
16K vs L?
Best choice please and why? Thanks.
Do you prefer aisle or window?

Define best? What factor(s) matter the most to you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.